Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's a shooter somewhere between call of duty and arma in terms of realism. i saw a few other imps have it on steam, we should play it some time. i like it just as much as the mod, although they really need to realize that source is bad at huge square maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like a couple rounds of it but I feel like your better off playing Counterstrike or something, for a similar vibe.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

I like a couple rounds of it but I feel like your better off playing Counterstrike or something, for a similar vibe.

It has a similar tacticool feel but I think it offers some unique game modes at the least.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actually lol i keep getting kicked out of matches after 5 minutes with 'client timed out' and i googled it and there's a billion people having this problem with no real fix because you can't set steam games to never update any more. problem with that is it's one of those things where steam keeps downloading a corrupted hosed up file every time you start a game. used to be if this was happening you just turned off updates and it was fine.

im going to gut gaben with my hanzo steel.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Insurgency is a very good game that I can't stand to play for more than 30 minutes at a time.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
ive put like 125 horus into it and i will say it is a top tier fps

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Insurgency is a very good game that I can't stand to play for more than 30 minutes at a time.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really like this game op

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

it's a shooter somewhere between call of duty and arma in terms of realism

So you're telling me it's a video game...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I play it I'm like Yeah this is kinda fun, except now I want to play Counter Strike since it's the better realized this kind of game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's hard to compare it even to red orchestra because it's about 3x as fast paced.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can pretend you are playing call of duty in this game if you strip off all of your armor and gear except for a primary weapon. then get a foregrip and a laser sight and sprint around hipfiring like an rear end in a top hat. this makes the milsperg people who play this insanely upset, especially if its a shotgun which nobody ever uses for some reason despite being extremely good even at medium ranges

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
actually the shotgun sucks if ppl are smart enough to use light armor. only use the shotgun on night maps where people are spending their supply on dumb poo poo like silencers and night vision

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the devs of the video game want you to memorize clip size for every gun and count the number of bullets you fire. in my opinion, that's pretty fuckedup.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the devs of the video game want you to memorize clip size for every gun and count the number of bullets you fire. in my opinion, that's pretty fuckedup.

or just reload every time you have a chance, counter-strike style. it's even faster if you reload before the gun is empty.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i do that but what do i do when i run out

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I can't remember but is this the one with like vocalized voice over comms stuff?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BERGfu posted:

I can't remember but is this the one with like vocalized voice over comms stuff?

im not sure what you mean but it has a chat wheel thing and you can hear enemies talk in voice chat when you are really close to them

Dec 26, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i do that but what do i do when i run out

probably die. i recommend not running out of ammo

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

im not sure what you mean but it has a chat wheel thing and you can hear enemies talk in voice chat when you are really close to them

yes that one i should have put localized.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its a fun game, OP

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Other players take this so seriously they are ridiculously easy to flame

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BERGfu posted:

knife kills on the superspergs is the best thing ever. nobody in this game bothers to listen for footsteps or cover their sides so you just sprint along the edge of the map and come in from behind.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

BERGfu posted:

please don't troll people in on-line video games

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

knife kills on the superspergs is the best thing ever. nobody in this game bothers to listen for footsteps or cover their sides so you just sprint along the edge of the map and come in from behind.

Flanking is too complicated a concept

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i got votekicked from a sinjar map for playing the objective with a laser sight shotgun and calling everyone a mark whalberg wannabe in allchat every time i killed someone with a scope

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Larry Parrish posted:

i got votekicked from a sinjar map for playing the objective with a laser sight shotgun and calling everyone a mark whalberg wannabe in allchat every time i killed someone with a scope

lol. you must be spectacularly irritating because you have to be truly awful to get kicked by insurgency players

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frog Act posted:

lol. you must be spectacularly irritating because you have to be truly awful to get kicked by insurgency players

i utilize the forbidden technique of hipfiring and flanking and never using grenades

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
insurgency was better before it got puton the humble bundle and people kept an eye out for poo poo like that

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

I stood on a crate in the middle of a map and headshot like 50 people who didn't seem to know where the gunshots were coming from.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

I stood on a crate in the middle of a map and headshot like 50 people who didn't seem to know where the gunshots were coming from.

That's what's so great about this game. The community is immensely terrible at shooter games despite playing a lot of airsoft IRL.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

That's what's so great about this game. The community is immensely terrible at shooter games despite playing a lot of airsoft IRL.

"I've been shot! Better stand completely still!"

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

you can get isis skins and pretend you are in jihad which is cool.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my morning jackass posted:

you can get isis skins and pretend you are in jihad which is cool.

i'm good enough at aping jihadi antics that im basically a muslim now, or so i'm told

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
This mod changes the insurgent voice to the usual allah akbar calls after throwing explosives. They even have distressed or suppressed variations on the calls. I thoroughly enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4C86zWML-U

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
winsurgency

- something nobody says

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Someone start a Games Thread.

The tag line could be "Insurgency: Chris Kyle Simulator"

Edit:
Game thread exists, here it is for those interested
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3598703

Biaga fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 26, 2015

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Larry Parrish posted:

insurgency is pretty fun

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Biaga posted:

This mod changes the insurgent voice to the usual allah akbar calls after throwing explosives. They even have distressed or suppressed variations on the calls. I thoroughly enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4C86zWML-U

holy poo poo

• Locked thread