Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Season 2 Premiers tonight, January 14th, at 10:30pm EST

Broad City is about two 20-something girls hanging out in New York. That's pretty much it. The first season is already out and you can watch all 10 episodes on Amazon/GooglePlay/itunes. You can also watch the original shorts on Youtube. Not sure how it compares to the show though.

Here's a Grantland profile that Y-Hat posted. It gives a lot of background on the show's development and Ilana and Abbi themselves.

Characters:

Ilana Wexler
(Ilana Glazer)

Marijuana enthusiast. Slacker. Oblivious to almost anything that isn't Abbi.

Abbi Abrams
(Abbi Jacobson)

She's a cleaner in a gym even though she wants to be a trainer. Dreams of being an artist. Trying to balance being an adult and having fun.

Lincoln Rice
(Hannibal Buress)

Dentist who is Abbi's and Ilana's friend. In a sexual relationship with Ilana and wants to take things to the next level even though she's unreceptive.

Other characters:

John Gemberling as Matt Bevers – Abbi's roommate's boyfriend who seems to never leave. He is a messy, disgusting freeloader, and in general a constant nuisance to Abbi. In spite of this, he has shown on a couple of occasions to have a sweet, sensitive side.

Stephen Schneider as Jeremy Santos - Abbi's neighbour from across the hall and secret crush; he is mainly portrayed as a polite and easy going guy, usually seen in passing. He appears to like Abbi but merely as a good friend and neighbour.

Arturo Castro as Jaimé – Ilana's drug dealing gay roommate. Jaimé is an illegal immigrant from Venezuela. He does Ilana's taxes. Jaimé exhibits extreme guilt over what he perceives as wrongs he has committed against his friends, however they are usually minor transgressions.

Paul W. Downs as Trey – Abbi's boss at Soulstice. He is a hardcore health and fitness enthusiast. Although he is fundamentally a nice guy, he is humorously oblivious to Abbi's desire to be a trainer and is constantly badgering her to clean various things around the gym (mostly pubes). Paul is also a writer on Broad City, having written "Working Girls" (episode 1.3).

Chris Gethard as Todd – Ilana's boss at the web "deal" company. He is frustrated by Ilana's lack of commitment to her job but has yet to reprimand her in any way.

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
It's time.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I looked up the Colin Farrell sex tape and of course the times Ilana said were accurate.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

Also I just recently learned that Creepy Locksmith was actually the guy who voiced Trevor in GTA V. Maybe the previous thread/comedy show megathread/whatever figured that out already, but it was news to me.

I realized that as soon as I heard his voice.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

I guess that explains why they aren't roommates.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Illinois Smith posted:

This should probably be added to the OP.

Done.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I tried watching You're The Worst and ended up hating it. To me it had this odd combination of being obnoxious, fake, manufactured, and try-hard; like a by-the-numbers show aimed at getting the 20's crowd. Broad City feels like it has way more heart put into it and feels more natural.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Aww, that's cute.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I wonder if we'll ever meet Melody.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I laughed at Bevers bedsores.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Abbi's Drew Berrymore impression was great.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I'm also glad we got to see more of Jaime.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Howling Man posted:

I dug this episode a lot. Really surprised more people didn't. I was dying at Alana as she said she would kill herself if Abbi doesn't wake up.

I have the biggest loving crush on Alana. I just wanna get blazed all day with that girl.

Ilana.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Wow Ilana is...flexible.

Edit: Ilana's family is great

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 5, 2015

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Great episode. Looking forward to next week's though.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
gently caress, I missed the episode because I fell asleep. I wish Broad City switched times with workaholics so I could go to sleep earlier on Wednesdays.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Great episode. Definitely up there as one of my faves. I like when they get surreal but I also like when the weirdness is more grounded.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Glad we're getting more episodes with Jaime

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
That last shot of Jaime was so creepy.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Sober posted:

He was in DTTB? Thank god I blocked that part out of my memory.

I think he was the Australian guy's friend when they were trying to trick Chloe.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Glad to see Abbi get a victor-OH MY GOD ALIA SHAWKAT IS GUEST STARRING IN THE NEXT EPISODE!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

"Glazer has a boyfriend, a postdoctorate in chemistry"

This show is dead to me now.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Well this show is fulfilling one of my fantasies. Drunk Kelly Ripa. Oh, and the Ilana thing.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Abbi has been killing it this season. In a strange way she's become the wildcard of the duo.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Season finale is next week; seems like the season just began a week ago.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I also like the exchange:

"Oh my god, we have the same tattoo on the same arm!"
"No, that's just your arm."

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
The best chase scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I missed the first five minutes of this episode and my cable was hosed up. As other people said I love Illana and Abbi's friendship in this episode. Chill episode.

• Locked thread