Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Timeless Appeal posted:

I cannot emphasize how amazing this episode is if you know middle aged women from Long Island because those ladies are loving insane about knock-off Chinatown bags. I couldn't breathe during that whole section.

EDIT: Also, the show really deserves a lot of credit for creating awkward and funny situations around pegging while never really belittling the act itself or making any easy jokes outside of the inherent goofiness of big floppy dildos.

That whole part was great. I've known friends of relatives from my Jewish family who will go to Chinatown and buy a whole bunch of knockoff bags or jewelry or scarves - and yes, it is like that one girl's* mom who goes, "And this is for Lisa, this one for the Rabbi's wife," etc. They don't seem to make any money on the bags when they bring them back to Long Island, they just like being the person who "knows how to get things". And it works - whatever they bring back becomes a big conversation piece at the next family dinner.

*This is the first episode I watched. I wanted to see Jon Stewart announce his retirement, and that led to me watching Comedy Central's late night lineup; I haven't watched actual live cable TV in months. That episode was great though, I'm definitely going to try to watch it more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm not 100% sure about the not seeing the roommate thing. Works fine when it's just a silly plot device and she's never around, but having her at an event and blocking her view etc is just awkward. Plus it's been done a million times and Broad City is usually super good at flipping tropes like that. I hope there's more to it than what we've seen already.

If they use it as an excuse to hire a big name for the role for the reveal in 3 seasons time, bleh.

I agree, it was only cute when it was obvious they weren't pulling the unseen-character gag. Her face was blocked out and she was never around, but I really thought the show was going to do a switch by having her pop out of the bathroom when Abbi was talking to her.

• Locked thread