Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Seriously this show feels exactly like the first season which is the biggest compliment I could make. There was this bit of fear that they couldn't keep it going or that they'd get too into the idea that they had to recur jokes. But two great episodes and I couldn't be happier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I was okay with the giant toy only because she was on a ridiculous quantity of drugs. But the ice cream shop was just too long and too far. Although I recall liking the episode last season where they went to the ends of the earth to find that customer service office. So I think I like s touch of the surreal but not two in the same episode.

Also, shouldn't have had her likely singing on front of him at the end.

Not bad but not as great as the rest of the season had been.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
In retrospect, this improves the previous episode slightly because it makes him a better match for the kind of stuff Abi was throwing at him. Also, every time I thought a joke was telegraphed they twisted it perfectly into something great. Stammering when they found the strapon in the purse, the whole family discussion about pegging, the argument over the replacement strapon, it was all done way better than my brain was preparing for which is great. Also, the background jokes and smaller moments totally killed me. Ilana does a handstand twerk and when her mother tells her to calm down she says "I'm on the phone" because that's all part of how she's on the phone. So drat great.

Also, kudos to CC for letting the argument over the strapon be done with it on and flapping around because that made it perfect.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
That was just a bit more surreal than I'd rather but they're both so funny and watchable I didn't mind that much. The Cold Paws segment killed me though and Hannibal is the best guy for those scenes. He fits into the world so drat well like testing out terms to make sure they're right for a "dog wedding". I'm always pleased when they take a joke in a new direction like Wanna Fook turning into a pratfall instead of a stammering Abbi moment like my uncreative mind was expecting.

• Locked thread