Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Some Philly trivia for those of you not from the area:

When at the nail salon Illana makes fun of Abbi (Abbi Jacobson is from the Philly suburbs) for being a "rich main-line Philadelphia jew" she's referring to the "main line" section of Philadelphia suburbs which is littered with old money and is home to the wealthiest neighborhoods in the commonwealth. The King of Prussia mall is the largest mall in the US (largest in area, but Mall of America has more stores) and is very upscale and very white.

I don't think the shows every referenced what Abbi's parents do (my guess is doctors or lawyers) but clearly she comes from money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Y-Hat posted:

There are neighborhoods like Murray Hill and Williamsburg in most major American cities, just switch 'em around according to your city.

For Philly:
Murray Hill = Rittenhouse Square
Williamsburg = Northern Liberties

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I actually thought last week's episode fell a little flat for me with the relying on guest stars. Kelly Ripa was good and all, but the finale, just a solid Abbi and Illana are best friends episode is what really makes this series something special. That, and their (strained at best) relationship with New York City.

Great chase scene and payoff inside the house was both extremely depressing and hilarious.

• Locked thread