Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I hopped into survival for the first time in probably a month and it's hilarious now. There are zombies EVERYWHERE and you basically die when your stamina runs out, or survive if you're able to get to an unreachable location. Once you get some gear and your bearings it's not that bad but Daybreak basically said "you want zombies? gently caress it" and now people are crying about not being able to do anything except run from zombies. I don't think this will make the final release but it is a refreshing change to have dangerous zombies in a zombie game.

Oh and while playing earlier today there was a system broadcast of a cheater being detected & banned, so it seems they have some sort of realtime cheat detection going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

The increased zombie counts just mean I'm picking up more sticks and getting ammo/cloth/lighters faster. The increased bear count however is loving terror.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Knightmare posted:

Oh and while playing earlier today there was a system broadcast of a cheater being detected & banned, so it seems they have some sort of realtime cheat detection going on.

They should definitely look into FairFight, it's doing a pretty good job banning people in the Battlefield games at the moment. Someone in the Hardline thread recently posted a link to FairFight's Facebook page, which is basically them posting a bunch of links of quotes from forums where cheaters have been banned relatively quickly after using any sort of cheats. It looks to be the most effective anti-cheat I've ever played with, considering how mediocre Punkbuster is and how long it actually takes VAC to apply a ban during a wave.

Vittek
Nov 8, 2006
When I hear FairFight I think how well it did in WarZ. Which it not much at all. The zombie hordes have definitely gotten a bit of a threat. It's amazing what horde you have coming after you after you looted a few urban areas.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

DOOMocrat posted:

The increased zombie counts just mean I'm picking up more sticks and getting ammo/cloth/lighters faster.

The zombie levels I have been seeing are way higher than that. Went on a water run to a well maybe 50 yards away. I used 40 arrows and then broke a 1/2 heath combat knife killing zombies while covering the filler. Then killed about 30 more that had followed us back to base. The zombie levels are crazy, trying to get anything done solo seems like it would be really really hard.

Hagop fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 30, 2015

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
probably a stress test on net code and frame rates.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I've played 30 hours of battle royale, won multiple times and have never run into a hacker. This game is amazing

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I've played 30 hours of battle royale, won multiple times and have never run into a hacker. This game is amazing

Right but how would you know????

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

no fun allowed, there might be hackers

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

I keep seeing mentions of a BIG patch coming out soon (tomorrrow?) on Reddit, but I can't find any information about it

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Ok they just posted this:

Below is the Roadmap for game update intended for April 2nd:

Zone export – We will be exporting the zone and it should catch a lot of erroneous terrain bugs including trees in the road, floating objects, and bad terrain that can easily flip vehicles

New Dam – There will be a new Dam that replaces the old placeholder Dam. It is much larger and better reflects what a finished art asset should look like in H1Z1, rather than the old Dam which was created with cement block pieces.

Male character model – A new character model will be added which will show a full body (chest and legs) as well as adds a lot of new wearable options to the game including face, gloves, and feet slots. Sidenote: Female character model is currently already being worked on.

R380 Pistol – The R380 is a small pocket pistol available in the .380 caliber. This pistol boasts a high fire rate but minimal stopping power.

Pickup Truck interior – A better detailed interior for the pickup truck that is more high res.

Workbenches - Workbenches can be found in the world or crafted and placed. If you are close enough to the workbench you will be able to use it to create specific recipes. You don’t actually interact with the workbench at this time, you just need to have it in your proximity. It can be used to convert ammo into other types of ammo, break down guns into gun repair kits, or to create some of the existing recipes that would be too difficult to do by hand.

Any type of ammunition can be broken down into “Gun Components”. Each bullet or shell will give you 1 Gun Component. You can then use 2 Gun Components to make any other type of ammunition.

Guns can be dismantled into “Gun Parts”. Larger guns will give more gun parts. You can then use three gun parts to create a “Gun Repair Kit”. This repair kit can be used on weapons to repair them. Currently this will repair any weapon, but in the future it will be restricted to guns only.

Metal crafting recipes will now require a workbench to create. This includes the recipes for Metal Sheets, Metal Pipes, Machete, Combat Knife, Bear Trap, Landmine, IED, and the above mentioned conversion recipes for ammo and guns.

Anti-cheat – Continuing our efforts to provide a better anti-cheat service and stop more cheaters.

Bug fixing – Continuously fixing bugs, both existing and anything new that pops up.

Body sim performance improvements – The body sim was causing some server performance and has been improved to be less harsh on the server.

Revised crude map – We are adding grid locations to the crude map to better help friends find each other.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus
This game is miles better than dayz. I was surprised when I opened a door and didn't break my legs.

H1Z1 for lyfe.

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
holy loving poo poo 3.1 GB patch, lets go!

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

I keep seeing mentions of a BIG patch coming out soon (tomorrrow?) on Reddit, but I can't find any information about it

wait no further

edit: notes

H1Z1 posted:

Patch Notes:

- New Male character model is available.

- The Dam area has been given a major overhaul.

- Battle Royale starting area has been updated.

- Current Grid position is now shown on-screen(like BR). Hand drawn map has basic grid markers.

- Added a new equip slot for the face.

- Fixed Bug - player will now exit a vehicle towards the same side on which they are seated.

- Fixed bug where player could sometimes get injured when moving off a rock.

- Fixed a lot of erroneous terrain bugs that have caused objects to float including cars, campsites and other smaller objects.

- Added a small improvement to placing free placed items, preventing them from being able to clip through walls.

- Server optimizations made to the body sim.

- Zombies will now wear the lootable hats and helmets they have in their inventory. They will carry weapons. Note: They do not the wear lootable shirts or pants yet.

- Pickup Truck first person interior has been enhanced.

- R380 pistol added to game, it is a high fire rate, low caliber pocket pistol.

- The R380 can be found in BR and around the world in the core game.

- 12GA Shotgun damage increased.

Zombie Spawn Changes

- Made zombie total population based on player population, to keep low-pop servers from getting completely overrun. This does not include the current wandering hordes (which are accounted for outside this number). On a server full of players, the total number of zombies is unchanged.

- Biased zombie spawns toward areas with more player heat, and more items, so that cities, camps and player firefights have the highest rate of zombie spawns, and the wilderness areas have less.

- Made the spawned zombies that occur in player spawn areas biased more toward low-speed shamblers, so that new players (with no weapons) can more easily run away.

Workbenches, Ammo Conversion, Gun Dismantling, and You

- Workbenches can be found in the world or crafted and placed. If you are close enough to the workbench you will be able to use it to create specific recipes. You don’t actually interact with the workbench at this time, you just need to have it in your proximity. It can be used to convert ammo into other types of ammo, break down guns into gun repair kits, or to create some of the existing recipes that would be too difficult to do by hand.

- Any type of ammunition can be broken down into “Gun Components”. Each bullet or shell will give you 1 Bullet Component. You can then use 2 Bullet Components to make any other type of ammunition.

- Guns can be dismantled into “Gun Parts”. Larger guns will give more gun parts. You can then use three gun parts to create a “Gun Repair Kit”. This repair kit can be used on weapons to repair them. Currently this will repair any weapon, but in the future it will be restricted to guns only.

- Metal crafting recipes will now require a workbench to create. This includes the recipes for Metal Sheets, Metal Pipes, Machete, Combat Knife, Bear Trap, Landmine, IED, and the above mentioned conversion recipes for ammo and guns.

Ron fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 2, 2015

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
up here so high i start to shake up here so high the sky i scrape
this patch is good and fun. i just jumped a car over some nerds in the br box

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
anyone up to jump in mumble and shoot mans?

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
yeah

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
How do I not be bad at shooting people with the .308

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

How do I not be bad at shooting people with the .308

when you are ADSing, hold shift to slow scope sway. other than that, lead your shot a bit?

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
Yesterday was fun but we should try a more populated server next time.

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
planned april 9 patch

Restraints – Adding the ability to put players in restraints (handcuffs, zipties etc)
Crafted armor 1st pass – Introducing the first pass of crafted armor
Grouping system – Implementing a group system so players can join a group which will be able to be seen in game
Death screen statistics – Adding stats to the death screen that give information about that session (example: time survived)
Traversing water more slowly – Players, wildlife, zombies and vehicles will now move slower wile traversing through water
Police car interior – A higher res version of the interior for the police car
Anti-cheat – Continuing our efforts to provide a better anti-cheat service and stop more cheaters
Bug fixing – Continuously fixing bugs, both existing and anything new that pops up
Anti-cheat suspension (Auto-Ban) – Implementing a better way for the system to auto ban cheaters, rather than having Customer Service do it by hand for specific cheats

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
The restraint system sounds... Troublesome. I don't trust Daybreak to get it right. I wonder what they have in mind?

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
That's for criminals to worry about. You're not a criminal, are you son? Is there something in that backpack you wanna tell me about?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

The restraint system sounds... Troublesome. I don't trust Daybreak to get it right. I wonder what they have in mind?

Teabagging. Its always about teabagging.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I hope they mess it up real bad so players don't get notified when they're being restrained. I want to make friends with a random pubbie and then zip tie him while he's not looking.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Wonder when they'll fix the shove. I miss shoving zombies.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Republicans posted:

Wonder when they'll fix the shove. I miss shoving zombies.

You might want to re-bind it, it's been working for me.

If you're seeing 20+ zombies, you're in the horde square. I suggest getting the gently caress out of there.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus
I found a truck and I'm on mumbe on requiem if anyone wants in!

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Also, deleting UserOptions.INI if you haven't in a few patches might help you out, I was crashing until I did.

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010
So now we have handcuffs, body armor, and have to sleep in beds. Is there still fun to be had here? I haven't hopped in a while, was immediately ambushed by two guys with bows last time. As a side note to that, can you just calmly stand still with a bow while taking a beating and one-shot your attacker with ease?

EDIT: It sounds like I'm against these changes, but considering last time I played with goons we kidnapped a pubbie, I'd totally be down for roadside "arrests" with the Pleasant Valley PD.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
Is this better than DayZ SA yet? That surely isn't hard to do, right? :unsmith:

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
Getting hit makes you flinch, maybe even cancels the whole animation. I forget exactly, I just dodge around til I think I have room to make a shot. The game is definitely better than DayZ and I think now is in a decent enough state that its biggest problem is lack of goons. There are obviously hackers around but I can't remember the last time I ran into one.

e: yesterday I was in several consecutive BRs that started with only 60-75 players, anyone see this before? easiest top 10s ever

also dont play on requiem any more, pick a top 10 population server if you wanna do survival unless you enjoy killing zombies and tumbleweeds

treerat fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 12, 2015

iamthehans
May 1, 2012

Shadefyre posted:

So now we have handcuffs, body armor, and have to sleep in beds. Is there still fun to be had here? I haven't hopped in a while, was immediately ambushed by two guys with bows last time. As a side note to that, can you just calmly stand still with a bow while taking a beating and one-shot your attacker with ease?

EDIT: It sounds like I'm against these changes, but considering last time I played with goons we kidnapped a pubbie, I'd totally be down for roadside "arrests" with the Pleasant Valley PD.

I do believe it may be time for Detective DicFingers to get back on the beat

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

If you're experiencing graphic issues after today's patch, like I was, the solution is yet again to delete UserOptions.ini out of the root folder.

Every game. Every time. Dey break.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Molotovs, a working H1Z1 virus, and HE grenades coming in tomorrow's patch. There's a reason to farm now!

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

DOOMocrat posted:

Molotovs, a working H1Z1 virus, and HE grenades coming in tomorrow's patch. There's a reason to farm now!

Do you plant grenade seeds and grow a grenade tree or something?

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Now if they would hurry up and let us make moonshine.

Does anyone have an idea when they're going to be implementing the ticket system for BR?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

You can make moonshine already. There are alcohol torches. They've hinted moonshine will be part of the material ingredients for it. Putting powerful weapons at the end of the crafting tree is the only reason to have base resources I've yet seen.

Edit: This patch broke: Door codes, bee boxes, doors on many buildings, bullet damage to doors and gates (One clip from a pistol can drop a door if shot at a close angle), turbo boosts on cars

DOOMocrat fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 24, 2015

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Doors, bees and poo poo got a hotfix.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Patch Thursday adds Workshop support, a female player model, H1Z1 virus effects, and "other things" that are supposed to be announced tonight. It's also a wipe, so I'll be trying to blow up a bear with Biofuel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
A large number of CFC <ahem> Imperium goons who play the terrible spaceship game Eve Online are launching an invasion of H1Z1, and we would like to invite those intelligent goons among us who don't play that terrible game to join us in a jolly romp. Feel free to meet up with us on the Antidote server, using GOON<name> as your character name. We will be identified with the IMP tag.

Plus, we have a mumble server to use!

Find us ingame and ask for the information! Hope to see you soon!

Cimber fucked around with this message at 11:46 on May 3, 2015

• Locked thread