Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

hey so which faction do you play? horde? seem like a horde guy to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Givin posted:

No but I made a metric fuckton of golds from slut plate, plus a side fortune from good transmog stuff from my salvage yard.

I would have taken a simple no but I thank you for providing what a weirdo you are.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Are there at least any decent streams going of people actually in the game?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Republicans posted:

Are there at least any decent streams going of people actually in the game?

http://www.twitch.tv/tenderhearted

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Anime Curator posted:

I would have taken a simple no but I thank you for providing what a weirdo you are.

No problem slick. Enjoy your bad video games. It might come up by tonight.

*plays Metroid 2 on oldschool Gameboy right now*

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Nooooo, I haven't played that yet and I wanna some day. Hopefully it'll be on the eshop soon for the wii u.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

While you're waiting for Sony Online Entertainment to get servers up and running I would like to recommend Binary Domain, that is available on steam for $15 and it is pretty fun and a decent use of 10 hours of your time. The robot murdering is satisfying, and there story is dumb and good. Rumor has it there's some mouse issues, but I played it on PS3 with a controller without problem.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
My stream is live again.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
Friend of mine who works at SOE said they should have the log-in servers stable in an hour or two. They are being DDOS currently.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

shankerz posted:

They are being DDOS currently.

I suppose you could think of players all over the world trying to login to SOE servers as a DDOS attack.

PearlJamFan
Jun 30, 2008

Don't see some men as half empty, I see them half full of shit.
Could I be added to the stream group please? Stream id: Sick worm

Can't wait to play this. I've been following developments ever since the first few announcements and since DayZ SA failed.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

has anyone said Sony Offline Entertainment yet?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
There's like 1 streamer playing this right now and all the rest are waiting.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stanley Pain posted:

There's like 1 streamer playing this right now and all the rest are waiting.

Several goons are in game, game seems to be performing normally once you're past the login.

Vulcan
Mar 24, 2005
Motobike
So much for :10bux: Airdrops being cosmetic only:

http://imgur.com/oW353Pj

Tan Military Backpack
Waist Pack
AR15
Land Mine
2x First Aid Kit
90x .223 Round
Pistol

Vulcan fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 16, 2015

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010

Vulcan posted:

Tan Military Backpack
Waist Pack
AR15
Land Mine
2x First Aid Kit
90x .223 Round
Pistol

The air drops weren't supposed to be cosmetic, they're "supposed" to be non-pay-2-win because people could, in theory, kill you and open the airdrop themselves. My question is how close they drop to players and how visible are they from a distance.

EDIT: Also it sounds like they're going to throw more hardware at the login servers in the next half-hour to an hour, so maybe I'll be able to join the initiation some time tonight.

Shadefyre fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 16, 2015

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Vulcan posted:

Tan Military Backpack
Waist Pack
AR15
Land Mine
2x First Aid Kit
90x .223 Round
Pistol

Don't import the rage of reddit's imbeciles. Airdrops were revealed months ago: http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/search?q=airdrop&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all

Vulcan
Mar 24, 2005
Motobike
Yes they were revealed months ago as containing cosmetic items, and they have been quoted saying there will be no way to buy weapons:

Smedley posted:

We will NOT be selling Guns, Ammo, Food, Water... i.e. That's kind of the whole game and it would suck in our opinion if we did that.

Buying an item that gives you a weapon when you open it and saying that's not selling weapons is laughable. Yes someone could shoot you when you're trying to pickup your airdrop, just because they make it *hard* to buy weapons does not take away from the fact that they are selling weapons for $$ and going directly against the reason a lot of people bought into the game.

I know buying weapons is what turned me off from Planetside 2, so when they said the micro-transactions were not weapons in this game I thought I'd give it a shot.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Vulcan posted:

Tan Military Backpack
Waist Pack
AR15
Land Mine
2x First Aid Kit
90x .223 Round
Pistol

Meh, there is a minimum player count required to trigger an airdrop. Seems fair enough, someone pays for an airdrop, X amount of players get a chance at getting items. They also don't drop right on the person that calls them from what I understand, they just drop somewhere randomly in the map.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I barely read about the game but it was pretty obvious months ago that the airdrops would be Good poo poo that people could fight over.

At this point the population density seems low enough that you can just clean it up yourself but thats probably because no one can log in, hopefully it'll be insanely loud and obvious to anyone within a couple kilometers

Also, the cosmetic stuff they're selling sticks with you every time you respawn, that's the stuff that smed sez will never be weapons/armor

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Flavahbeast posted:

I barely read about the game but it was pretty obvious months ago that the airdrops would be Good poo poo that people could fight over.

At this point the population density seems low enough that you can just clean it up yourself but thats probably because no one can log in, hopefully it'll be insanely loud and obvious to anyone within a couple kilometers

Do you honestly think anyone in their right mind would pay 10 bucks for a crate that can be spawned anywhere on a 8x8km map that will grow even larger?

From what I heard it uses flares of sorts.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
Just joined the Steamgroup, i hope SOE fixes this soon, i would like to play dammit!

shankerz fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 16, 2015

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Michaellaneous posted:

Do you honestly think anyone in their right mind would pay 10 bucks for a crate that can be spawned anywhere on a 8x8km map that will grow even larger?
I didn't say it should :confused:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
SOE may suck quite frequently, but at least they tend to be talkative about game mechanics, fixes, etc a lot more than most other game companies.

Here's a new mini-rant from Smed about the airdrops: http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2slbmc/airdrops/

Regarding the G99 error: John Smedley ‏@j_smedley 13m13 minutes ago

G99 errors and login errors are all the same issue and it's being worked right now. Sorry it's not fixed yet.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 16, 2015

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I still can't log in on this poo poo yet. I keep getting the G99 error or whatever.

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.
I am who you say I am.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

suboptimal posted:

I still can't log in on this poo poo yet. I keep getting the G99 error or whatever.

G99 error has something to do with your firewall appearently. Disable it, fixed it for my friend.

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters
I think I'm onboard with flushing another :20bux: on zombie nonsense. Can any goon playing vouch for this game not randomly killing you when you clip through something like dayz?

Group is in CTS?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Michaellaneous posted:

G99 error has something to do with your firewall appearently. Disable it, fixed it for my friend.

Both h1z1.exe and launchpad.exe are added to my firewall access list, so I dunno. Now I'm just getting this:

Thepossiblelight posted:

I am who you say I am.

hi

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

jestest posted:

I think I'm onboard with flushing another :20bux: on zombie nonsense. Can any goon playing vouch for this game not randomly killing you when you clip through something like dayz?

Group is in CTS?

I watched bikeman play for like an hour without dying to random bugs, so it seems pretty stable in that regard.

I saw that french streamer go from house to house though; zombies can apparently sometimes bug through doors/walls if there's like 10 of them wanting to kill you outside.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

suboptimal posted:

Both h1z1.exe and launchpad.exe are added to my firewall access list, so I dunno. Now I'm just getting this:

hi

gently caress you and your launcher screen.

I think it's because I had to change my password. SOE has the same lovely password requirements as origin between 8 and loving 15?! gently caress you! At least go to 24.

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 16, 2015

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003
I got in after a few tries, but now there are no servers on the server list. Games really need to make game options available on the launcher so I can set it to windowed mode before I enter in the game.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Twinkie Fat Sac posted:

I got in after a few tries, but now there are no servers on the server list. Games really need to make game options available on the launcher so I can set it to windowed mode before I enter in the game.

Alt-Enter to enter windowed mode.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Twinkie Fat Sac posted:

I saw that screen once, couldn't join a server, quit, and haven't been able to get that far since. I'm just going to try again in the morning.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

so how's that zombie game

Orv
May 4, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

so how's that zombie game

Mostly non-functional, filled with retards.

So, you know, the usual.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

I just started getting a new error message:

quote:

GAME ERROR G29
MALFUNCTION:
You do not have H1Z1 access on this Station Account. Click here for more information.

Progress.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

I can consistently open the game and see the broken server browser. We're almost there.

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.
I've come here from downtown boulder.
I'm here on a mission of mercy.
I've come to lead you all to the promised land.

We will take the streets, we will storm the post offices, the grocery stores, the auto shop, the ski lodges.
We will take the field in glorious battle and emerge victorious, walking on the slain; human and zombie alike.

We will make it our creed and life's work to troll.
Make no mistake, we will troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Whoa I jumped on this and so far it's been worth every penny. Just narrowly escaped from some zombies thanks to my hastily-constructed hatchet... I'll get screens up in a sec because the graphics put even PS2 to shame.

• Locked thread