Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

niss
Jul 9, 2008

the amazing gnome

Indolent Bastard posted:

The best story I've heard about remote camps (logging) was that the cook didn't rinse the dishes soon enough after dinner and the whole camp got bears.

Sounds like one bad day, hungry bears and diarrhea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niss
Jul 9, 2008

the amazing gnome
This is why I love my cast iron pans.

the fajitas were drat tasty :)

niss
Jul 9, 2008

the amazing gnome
Bourdain looks like he's lost a lot of weight since his last tv series I saw him on.

niss
Jul 9, 2008

the amazing gnome
Just from looking at the thumbnail picture, I thought you burnt a hole in your pan and was like how the gently caress did you do that.

niss
Jul 9, 2008

the amazing gnome

Lestion posted:

To those of you who sear steaks on your cast iron: Do you prefer to bake then sear, or sear then bake?

Sear then eat.. :getin:

niss
Jul 9, 2008

the amazing gnome

Bob Saget IRL posted:

Yo, for anyone in doubt, that serious eats tortilla pizza is fantastic and quick.

Bonus info: pineapple, ham , and carmelized onions on a pie is effin good so try it. I was apprehensive, but glad i nutted up.

Now just toss on a bunch of jalapenos and some hot sauce and take it into another dimension of amazing

niss
Jul 9, 2008

the amazing gnome

QuarkMartial posted:

Is it bad that I want to go get one of those skillets, chop the handle off, and use it full time on my grill?

Just get one of the larger models that has the small handles on either side, that way you can probably get away with not having to cut anything.

niss
Jul 9, 2008

the amazing gnome

Crazyeyes posted:

You're goddamn crazy for paying that kind of money for a DO. Amazon has a 7qt. for 54.99 usd.

Yeah.. I got a lodge DO for about that much. Been amazing, use it all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niss
Jul 9, 2008

the amazing gnome

Suspect Bucket posted:

Cast iron is that awesome old beater truck you can hoon around in and fix pretty good with string and duct tape.

New thread title..