Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Is there a noticeable difference between enameled cast iron and plain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

Many differences, but it depends on what you are wondering about. Care? How it it used in cooking? Something else?

I have nonstick for the most part, but I’m considering dumping it all for stainless and cast iron, and I heard enameled cast iron has all the benefits with much less maintenance required.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

This is probably a dumb question but are enameled cast iron pans better or worse than regular cast iron? It says the cooking surface is 'black matte enamel', is that like a nonstick coating? or more similar to raw cast iron?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The Slack Lagoon posted:

$35 at Costco I think I'm going to get it

Check your local Marshalls/Home Goods/TJ Maxx, mine has a bunch of griddles for less than $20.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

There's always ton of lodge stuff at every Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Homegoods I've ever been to. I got a pancake griddle for $12.99, and 8" flat and grill-bottomed pans for like $30 total. I've seen those bigger ones, but I don't need a pan that big just yet. Last week I saw a enameled dutch oven for $30 or so, I was livid because I just got one at target a month ago.