Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

codenameFANGIO posted:

I'm going to get all the stars in NES Remix 1 and 2. Even for the games that are terrible.

i did this in 2 and it was a lot of fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Fargield posted:

Normal. I dont know how to change the difficulty

if it's #1 and not Black then there's only one difficulty

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have completed my Captain Toad gamer goal. Its good to set daily goals

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Golden Goat posted:

That's madness

I'm more than 90% finished. The only difficulty will be the event legends, which I can probably mooch off some duper on a neckbeard forum

qnqnx posted:

Playing and beating all NES Megaman games
Currently playing though 3

3 is the best, so Impspeed to you.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

if it's #1 and not Black then there's only one difficulty

It's Black

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
well sh*t

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Fargield posted:

It's Black

as long as you aren't playing on Ninja Dog, I am proud.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Fargield posted:

It's Black

It's tape.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
I keep getting my rear end kicked by this lava dragon and I have no healing items

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I'm going to get all the stars in NES Remix 1 and 2. Even for the games that are terrible.

All I got left in 1 is the crappy ones and it really put me off for a while.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Finished 15 islands on Reprisal Universe. Completion percentage goes up by 2. Still in the 50s. gently caress.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Mach2 posted:

I'm more than 90% finished. The only difficulty will be the event legends, which I can probably mooch off some duper on a neckbeard forum

3 is the best, so Impspeed to you.

I have beaten Megaman 3 some hours ago and it was win

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Here's the current progress of my goal. I just beat the tyrant Beelzebub in Digital Devil Saga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYH5YcCNX18

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

New day new gamer goal: Im going to buy all the parts and build a high-end Gaming PC.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

dont do it

not worth the money

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Dexters Secret posted:

dont do it

not worth the money
I bought high-end parts several years ago and are now considered low-tier. I will change all that by this year.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
goal update:
guitar learning going well. managed to restring the guitar and have started my way to becoming a prodigy by learning how to play the Super Mario 64 theme.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

VideoGames posted:

goal update:
guitar learning going well. managed to restring the guitar and have started my way to becoming a prodigy by learning how to play the Super Mario 64 theme.

Well cone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dexters Secret posted:

dont do it

not worth the money

Its absolutely worth it bc now i have it all set up and ive never seen true 60fps 1080p gamnig. its a whole new world of possibilities

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

120FPS gamer here.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Now that I have seen 120FPS@120hz 60FPS looks like insane rear end.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Now that I have seen 120FPS@120hz 60FPS looks like insane rear end.

I avg about 45 these days...Lmao. I need a new gpu.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Scalding Coffee posted:

Finished 15 islands on Reprisal Universe. Completion percentage goes up by 2. Still in the 50s. gently caress.
Did around 20 islands today and completion percentage goes up around 12. Now in the 60s. A handful of planets are apparently permanently inaccessible, unless they are some weird post-game stuff. gently caress.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Its absolutely worth it bc now i have it all set up and ive never seen true 60fps 1080p gamnig. its a whole new world of possibilities

mid-range does that just fine though?? hell I built a mid-range computer 3 years ago and I still get 60 fps on my 1080p monitor, with high settings. a mid-range computer today could probably do ultra settings just fine.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
"Mid range" being just get the Cheapest i5 you can and and the most expensive nvidia card you can afford, because literally nothing else matters

Also go ssd, worth the money

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's what I did basically. The stock cooler fan the i5 came with seems hosed up because it has been randomly failing (the connection points aren't the problem because all the other fans work on every point so it's def the fan itself). Gonna bring it back and replace it and then dig into some serious gaming :cheers:

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
If you have an atx case there's a cooler master hsf that can be had for like $14 that is basically silent and cans handle all of your gaming or oc needs

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Goal Achieved: All Wolfenstein Achievements.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm gonna beat more games than i buy this year, and also actually finish an infinity engine game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Made it to 80% in Reprisal Universe and found out those amulets make space travel much easier. I can reach all the planets and not have to backtrack slowly through four planets. I can probably make a huge logo on any map at this point or the worst starting mountain for several maps, to annoy people.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
I did it: I beat Ninja Gaiden Black.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i would like my wins, 297, to surpass my losses, 302, in dota2

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'll have to work on the SM64 goal this week but my other goal for the week is getting a good time in Bonus Stage 25 in NES Remix.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I'll have to work on the SM64 goal this week but my other goal for the week is getting a good time in Bonus Stage 25 in NES Remix.

Good luck on all your goals. My goal for tomorrow is to hit 50% completion on Saints Row IV before the Royal Rumble. Currently at 30%.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

woofbro posted:

At the moment, probably just beat the Master Quest in Ocarina of Time before Majora's Mask comes out. I know that's a solid month, I'm soft.

Changed my mind, I cbf. Would rather enjoy MM then burn out.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
oh yeah one of my goals is to get the good ending in the drod the second sky

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i lost 3 games in a row well cya

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I should be able to 100% Reprisal Universe by the end of the day and collect all the equipment in Rogue Legacy after that.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
finish a few EYE maps

haha just kidding, the shithead devs thought it'd be a good idea to block the console command you need to generate AI navmeshes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Schnedwob posted:

finish a few EYE maps

haha just kidding, the shithead devs thought it'd be a good idea to block the console command you need to generate AI navmeshes

what

• Locked thread