Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

"Who am I to stand in the way of this?" asks Paula Bennet from behind the wheel of her SUV as it ploughs into a crowd of people. "This doesn't sound right, this raises alarm bells for me," she says as people shriek in pain and terror. "If I were responsible for this I think I'd be looking at individual cases of harm here," she remarks seriously, stepping out of her car amid broken bodies and horrified onlookers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

bike tory posted:

"Who am I to stand in the way of this?" asks Paula Bennet from behind the wheel of her SUV as it ploughs into a crowd of people. "This doesn't sound right, this raises alarm bells for me," she says as people shriek in pain and terror. "If I were responsible for this I think I'd be looking at individual cases of harm here," she remarks seriously, stepping out of her car amid broken bodies and horrified onlookers.

You're assuming here this disgusting pig-human hybrid vomited forth from the anus of hell can actually fit in a car built for humans.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

You're assuming here this disgusting pig-human hybrid vomited forth from the anus of hell can actually fit in a car built for humans.

Have you not seen the new and improved Paula Bennett post bypass surgery? She is now a disgusting human at a more reasonable weight, a vast improvement

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Come on guys, busting her for her weight? The entire branch is bowing but you're still going for the lowest hanging fruit?

By all means, her myriad of issues can be reflected in her weight to some extent - but at least try to go for something imaginative.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Fine then:

Paula Bennett is an evil person known for smearing critics by leaking their personal information, and a ghoul of a social welfare minister who presided over perhaps the biggest scam of the last decade which had people kicked out of state housing because of a moral panic over methamphetamine.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Imaginative, son. You're just reciting facts.

She has the general malaise about her that can only be cultivated by the exacerbation of the suffering of sapient life, the delight of their pain, to which her atrophied mind is numb to anything else. She is the rot upon the lettuce in the garden salad of life, she is the creature that if it were worth mentioning, must not be. She is primordial ooze without the scientific value, she is the poison within the soul of man.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

You guys have totally ruined my joke

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
They did to your joke what Paula Bennett did for social housing

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

WarpedNaba posted:

Imaginative, son. You're just reciting facts.

To be fair reciting facts about Paula Bennett really does a great job of attacking her.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

WarpedNaba posted:

Come on guys, busting her for her weight? The entire branch is bowing but you're still going for the lowest hanging fruit?

By all means, her myriad of issues can be reflected in her weight to some extent - but at least try to go for something imaginative.

alright i'll say it

she's grotesquely obese and that's just about the least disgusting thing about her

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Xik posted:

They did to your joke what Paula Bennett did for social housing

:drat:

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I hate Paula as much as the next goon but the government really should be providing compensation for the people kicked out of their homes.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

This page has some of the worst posts in this dumpster fire of a thread, jfc

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

We learn at the feet of the master.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
great posts fellas

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
might do a new thread over the weekend, the op's heaps out of date

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

My first few posts in this thread got me called a racist for suggesting our education system is stacked against Maori and Pasifika kids, while one of my last incited some truly terrible posts filled with impotent and nerdy rage

A fitting end

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
all of mine, are good

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

exmarx posted:

all of mine, are good

:wrong:

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

exmarx posted:

all of mine, are good

exmarx posted:

I'm the guy who puts razorblades in lollies or whatever
:thunk:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Burn this thread like it were a preacher's dick.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
All the hair got burnt off my body and now I smell like a sack of burnt hair.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

All the hair got burnt off my body and now I smell like a sack of burnt hair.

The smoke rises on high to Heaven where G_d savours it, and is pleased

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Robo Captain posted:

I hate Paula as much as the next goon but the government really should be providing compensation for the people kicked out of their homes.

There really needs to be a way to claw back the cash for doing so from the people who actually caused it in the first place. From the minister at the top all the way to the testers who knew the whole thing was a sham but were making money out of it.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of housing ministers, Twyford is laying the smack down against those who hate poors.

quote:

"If you don't want to have affordable housing or quality density housing in your neighbourhood, you go and live in Pokeno or Dairy Flat,"

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Leave the city? Half of 'em don't even live in the province.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Xik posted:

Speaking of housing ministers, Twyford is laying the smack down against those who hate poors.

Hmm weird how it says Paul Davie is just a concerned resident when he's actually a piece of poo poo Conservative Party member.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Another day another loving clusterbomb left by the National government

https://i.stuff.co.nz/auckland/104421678/children-left-in-limbo-by-family-court-system--barrister

Family court is under resourced and National’s response was to cut access to legal aid and scrap counselling sessions for families involved. Kids have been left in limbo for years.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
There needs to be a commission of inquiry into the previous National government, because it’s clear they were not fit to govern.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

The general public's already pissing themselves over a slight tax hike, something like a general inquiry wouldn't pass popular approval by any yardstick.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

WarpedNaba posted:

something like a general inquiry wouldn't pass popular approval

good thing they don't need to

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Yeah what's the voter base that Labour needs popular approval from on this issue? Nat voters have pretty much shown they're not abandoning the party even when a literal Muppet, whose only line of attack on this government is saying that they're Communists over and over, is leader.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

The base that's going to be influenced by the constant media spin that Labour is wasting taxpayer dollars on a witch-hunt that just so happens to gloss over why it was started (Or what it will unearth, for that matter).

Y'know, the idiots? Of which there are a sizable amount?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
new thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3858970

• Locked thread