Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I wanna play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
That's a relief.

We should probably lynch Hambeet on principle though.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Ugh, busy day with cleaning up after the trip and introducing a cat to the apartment.

Off to a BBQ now so won't be able to follow the thread for a bit without being That Guy at the BBQ, so going to ##vote Harold Krell just because:

Splode posted:

Well he just OMGUS'd. This guy seems like a bit of a dick.

I mainly voted for muyb because I don't like him, but I don't like this guy either.

##vote Harold Krell

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Splode posted:

Votefinder has not recognised your vote, presumably because you didn't bold it.

Oops, thanks buddy.

##vote Harold Krell

And thanks Harold for justifying my vote after the fact.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Splode posted:

he still could be scum. This meltdown was triggered by someone voting for him, he only cares about saving his own life, and he's only played one game before apparently (potentially explaining his incredible incompetence).

He's a better bet than our other potential scum targets IMO.

Honestly from previous games it's way better to vote out annoying white noise posters early.

Bathroompostin

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

Thinking out loud to get this party started :

Scum don't want to stand out too much which means they'll rarely be the most prolific poster and they won't not post.

Even if you have them coordinating posting habits they're always going to be in the middle range, voting at least once or twice because not voting or always voting is too risky. They probably not all voting for the same person at the same time either. They don't want to be tied together because if one scum is found that know everyone will look for patterns.

Some of this is pretty obvious, some of it can easily have holes poked in the theory. My purpose of putting it out there is to get you all thinking about the posting habits of people and not waiting on investigations.

Man I dunno, scum that post in this thread and vote for people are going to be hard to pin down.

Still suss on Harold for his flailing last night. Not sure on anyone else yet. Aside from the usual armchair sleuths, there's not much to go on.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Splode posted:

Coq posted to get on the HK bandwagon, when it was a midway through, and... that's it, isn't it?

Suss as gently caress

Man I've been busy today shaving the cat (not a euphemism we actually just finished spending like an hour and a half shaving matted fur off the cat).

As posted earlier, there's not a hell of a lot of solid stuff to go on yet so I'm hanging back a bit. The Bif/Anidav/Beet threesome is an interesting theory from what I've read just now, but are they posting suss or are they all just arse covering?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, the more Anidav keeps posting the better it looks to vote him and see what happens.

I was gonna do some more nitpicky posts about what Beet's been saying that just seemed silly to me, but finding out the result of where he's actually kept his vote would be worth a lot more.

##vote anidav

Yeah, this whole Beet/Anidav thing has been very interesting and I think at this point in the day we're going to have to try and unpick it via a lynch.

A post of Beet's that caught my eye was this one from earlier:

Matthew Beet posted:

A good catch by muyb and I agree it makes bif looks suss as hell and it means she's possibly trying defending one of us, Anidav or myself. Would anyone else agree with me there?

Okay now I'm throwing a theory out there to see if it stands up or if I'm missing some glaring holes.

So if we all decide to lynch bif and she flips scum that's great, we're left with a problem though. Out of Anidav and I, who do we vote for next? 50/50 chance unless you think one of us is more scummy than the other.

Can we be more economical about it? Let's say we lynch Anidav first and he flips scum, wouldn't that also confirm bif is scum? If we lynch Anidav and he flips town that would mean it's highly likely bif and I are scum together.

If Anidav flips town we don't gain anything but I would expose myself massively. So would I raise this plan if I was scum? No I'd lay low and let bif take the fall (if she was indeed scum with me).

I'm sure I've missed a glaring bit of logic.

For me this logic actually seems quite sound. I'm certain that one of the three of you are scum (because otherwise what would be the loving point) and Anidav seems like where the votes are right now. If he flips town, that's unfortunate but we're still only early on and can afford it after a no-lynch D1. Plus we can immediately start looking at Bif and Beet as two possible scum.

If Anidav flips scum, we can have a solid look at posters defending him, or who refused to vote.

Basically an argument to sacrifice Anidav to the data gods.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

SKY COQ posted:

Yeah, this whole Beet/Anidav thing has been very interesting and I think at this point in the day we're going to have to try and unpick it via a lynch.

A post of Beet's that caught my eye was this one from earlier:

For me this logic actually seems quite sound. I'm certain that one of the three of you are scum (because otherwise what would be the loving point) and Anidav seems like where the votes are right now. If he flips town, that's unfortunate but we're still only early on and can afford it after a no-lynch D1. Plus we can immediately start looking at Bif and Beet as two possible scum.

If Anidav flips scum, we can have a solid look at posters defending him, or who refused to vote.

Basically an argument to sacrifice Anidav to the data gods.

Oh FFS two days in a row I argue then forget to vote properly.

##vote Anidav

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Votecount for Day 2

Anidav (5): Matthew Beet, Small Keating, Splode, Bifauxnen, SKY COQ
Bifauxnen (3): Gough Suppressant, Quantum Mechanic, Plotterboy
Plotterboy (1): Harold Krell
Those On My Left (0): Asphyxious, Asphyxious
Small Keating (0): Splode, Splode
Gough Suppressant (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (7): Anidav, Asphyxious, black_tangled, GoldStandardConure, Mithranderp, Those On My Left, tithin

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 19th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

I can see either Anidav or Bif having the numbers tonight. 7 non-votes so far - what are you waiting for, guys?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Splode posted:

I voted for Harold because he is an annoying dickhead, I thought that was obvious?

Same

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm vanilla. Anidav says he's not.

##vote Bifauxnen

What the gently caress

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

I can't in good conscience vote for Anidav, I think I'm bad at lynching but I can't cast a vote I don't believe in.

Asphyxious posted:

##vote SKY COQ

Wanna back that up with any thoughts or arguments? I'm a bit at a loss. Bif is straight up attempting suicide, that seems more important right now.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Well today has turned into quite the clusterfuck.

My gut tells me Anidav is lying with his pseudo role claim. He wants free reign tonight to do whatever it is he does. If someone is a watcher, get eyes onto him tonight I reckon.

Bif, meanwhile, has made an incredibly risky play in voting for herself, apparently to protect Anidav and his super secret role. Based on his posting, I wouldn't trust him from just chatting in thread. This means they're either scum or masons, and chatting outside the game.

Risk/reward. Is it better to vote out a vanilla scum/town or to vote out the one who says he has a power?

Purely because of the potential damage he could cause if he were scum and allowed to run around unchecked tonight, I have to keep my vote with Anidav. If he flips scum tonight, Bif is done tomorrow. If he flips town, we know there's a masonry AND we eliminate a confirmed townie for the scum to night kill.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay guys, here's the deal. I do NOT trust Anidav so I wasn't really trying to save him or anything. But my scum radar's gone to poo poo cause I think anyone actually voting for me for reasons that sound way too contrived, or buying them enough to let it drag them away from the Anidav vote is either scum or being stupid. And that's too many people so I can't tell the difference anymore.

Look again at who actually wanted to vote for me or stoke the fires (or more importantly, why) and you guys can hopefully try and figure out something from here.

...we still aren't actually playing to hammer though, are we? Still seems weird to me though.

It's a bit late in the day to turn around and pretend you're not covering for Anidav.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Anidav posted:

There is no masonry, you are overthinking this and tithin continues to be my eternal protector.

So that means you're scum.

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah nice work sending a watcher after a role that can kill people who target it. Bet you'd love that.

Did you read the wiki? If he's a bomb, he only kills whoever kills him at night. If he's not (and I strongly suspect he isn't) then by claiming bomb he's given himself a hassle fee night. He needs to be watched.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Anidav posted:

##vote Harold Krell

Anidav posted:

I have not voted for anyone, not until now.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

You may have done it first, but I included the snazzy graphic.

I wasn't going to vote Anidav. I don't want to join a dogpile after it went so badly yesterday - but we can't ignore a straight up lie like that. He's either scum or a huge distraction and liability for town.

##vote Anidav

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Two lies then.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Anidav posted:

I was under the absolute impression I was going to die day two which would've meant two town deaths. Bif uh, somehow? made something different happen. I didn't vote for her because I didn't want to hammer to drop on anyone. I wanted a stall and one town death at night. Now on day three, we have three deaths in on the day 2 cycle.

If anyone watched or investigated me, they would see I did nothing or my alignment.

So in an attempt to save your own life, you made a false role claim that wound up killing an actual innocent townie instead?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Anidav posted:

Voting for me will get another Vanilla Town killed, I tried to enact a defensive survival plan on day two so only one night kill would happen. To my surprise, two night kills have happened, we don't have much longer. My survival plan with a false role claim to stall the vote has failed. Don't get tunnel vision, town. The true culprits are among us.

Correct, but I was aiming for a stall. No one expected what Bif did.

If only there had been a way for you to somehow correct the record in the time between her voting herself and the hammer.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

Yeah i've noticed that. My updated list of super suss people are :

Gough
Splode
Coq
Plopper Bot
QM

I've consistently voted Anidav for two days now. This is a bit confusing.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

Milky voted for anidav every day too in the last game.

Your present enough jump on votes but not offer to the discussion overall enough, sorry. So you're tickling something on my radar.

This is the reason I missed your fight with Bif yesterday.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Splode posted:

Third, I played as a scum mason mole in one of FS' games where EVERYONE had a power, and I've heard a bunch of mafia stories

Was that the one where we (as scum) turned an entire masonry? That was loving amazing.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I'm actually quite interested to see if QM votes. He's been very quiet so far.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Plotterboy posted:

I can't believe I'm saying thia unironically but calm down about games dude.

Bahahahahaha

The more I think about it the more I think Anidav is actually scum and not just a dangerously inept townie. He acted this way when he got dogpiled in the young greens game too.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

rip anime David

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Plotterboy posted:

Calling it. Splode, coq, Small Keating.

My money's on splode, Gough and maaaaaaybe SK. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I don't think I'm scum.

This is all so screwed up. I was positive one of the Bif/Beet/Anidav fight was scum provoking town, but it turns out they were all just really confused townies.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Plotterboy posted:

Four more for a double turbolynch

I'm leaning towards Splode but I really want to hear more from the quieter players. QM has been almost totally inactive, which seems a bit odd to me (though considering the state of his Sims LP, maybe not).

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Plotterboy posted:

Gold standard hasn't said much this game either. Its pretty low profile

Gough
Splode
Small Keating
QM
Gold standard conure

Coq?

You haven't said much until now mithranderp. I don't think black tangled has said anything at all.

Splode better come up with a real good reason why not to vote for him as he has been the loudest about two townies.

I've had a busy weekend, coupled with wanting to sit back and let some of the more vocal players duke it out. So far that's been a spectacularly unsuccessful strategy, largely thanks to Anidav.

Since I'm home early this afternoon, it might be time for a bit of a scum hunt post. Back in a bit.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Righto you lot, I've gone through the posting and voting history of everyone who's died so far. Normally I'd break it down by town/confirmed scum, but, er, no scum have died.

Thatbastardken
Voted for Gough, then changed to Harold. Died Night 1.
Bifauxnen
D1: Voted for Gough, then changed to Harold, cast suspicion on Gough
D2: Voted for Gough, swapped for Anidav, bought into Anidav’s bullshit and killed herself to protect him or something
Harold Krell
Annoying. Voted Bif D1 and Plott D2, in both cases as a reaction to being voted against. Useless data.
Asphyxious
D1: Voted Harold.
D2: Voted TOML, went into posting analysis mode, voted for me, had a go at Bif about her suicide, got nightkilled
Anidav
D1: Voted Harold
D2: Started copping a dogpile. Didn't vote. Weirdly, kept appealing to Tithin for help.
D3: Went hard on Beet. Died.
Matthew Beet
D0: Voted Gough, creating ~*~drama~*~
D1: Finally unvoted Gough, voted Anidav
D2: Voted Anidav
D3: Voted and finally got Anidav. Posted a list of suss people:

quote:

Gough
Splode
Coq
Plott
QM

A quick note on roles: While Gaspy initially claimed some super-secret knowledge, it turns out he was just a doctor and so had no out of thread extra help. Likewise, Anidav claimed the role of bomb but that turned out to be a lie. It's quite likely there are still some town roles in play.

If you include Hambeet's pregame vote, which I am as it continued into the game and caused an argument, Gough has been specifically named by three of the six victims.

At this point, I'm fairly confident that at least Gough Suppressant is scum. So I had a look at his posts.

Far from being in lockstep with Splode, as Plott suggested, he in fact directly calls Splode out on flipping between votes on Day 2. He's also posted 'today' (Day 4) mentioning this again. If we proceed on the assumption that Gough is scum, then he's either throwing Splode under the bus or voting for someone who's not in his group. The vote is being lead by Plotterboy.

I have a strong feeling Plotterboy is scum, and is trying to take out Splode, who I suspect is a townie.

##vote Plotterboy

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Splode posted:

I "flip flopped" because I was sus on both of them, and confused by bif's antics.

I'm sure plott is scum but honestly after Anidav I know I have no credibility so whatever. When I flip town look at Plott who was very eager to capitalise on my mistake.

gently caress Anidav for being a terrible player. Beet was 100% sure he was scum too, for the record.

Dude seriously, vote Plott. Don't off yourself, I want to win.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Small Keating posted:

What if Splode is scum and going for the suicide vote is not genuine but instead is his way of fitting in with the recent spate of townie suicides?

Plot's misrepresentation of Gough and Splode's relationship was enough for me anyway, then I refreshed and saw Splode's suicide note.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Plotterboy posted:

I am suss on splode because he has managed to screw the pooch on big, anidav, and accused beets who all turned out to be town. Which makes him either scum or astoundingly poo poo. If splode is town, and coq wants to win, I guess coq is scum.

I was gunning for splode because he has straight up got 2 townies banhammered with stupidity. That's either scum or poo poo townie.

Coq is pushing for me because I am loud at the moment, attempted to actually get anidav to talk before he got hung and flipped town, and if he is scum and splode is town then is trying to paint me as scum if splode flips as town.

Small Keating jumped on splode as well when things opened.

Splode posted:

I only screwed up because Anidav is terrible. This argument fails to take into account EVERYONE thought Anidav was scum, and I was no more sus on beet than anyone else. Plot is scum.

Pretty much this. Splode didn't get the townies killed - Anidav caused the death of bif, got himself killed and likely pushed beet onto somebody's radar as well.

Given Beet specifically named Plott as a suspect, this doesn't seem too difficult.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Plotterboy posted:

And you where the loudest. I'm happy to also believe that you are terrible at mafia, because if you flip vanilla I'm gonna get lynched next turn, if you lynch me tonight I'm going to flip as a vanilla townie and your reign of lovely calls will continue, aiding the scum even more.

Coq is fanning this fight at the moment. Vote coq.

Mate you've lied twice now - first to tie Splode to Gough, and now to tie the Anidav suicide clusterfuck on Splode. Two lies was enough to get me off the fence on Anidav, and it's enough for you too.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Plotterboy posted:

Yeah of course you would say that. Your scum and lynching another vanilla townie would be yet another twofer.

I've highlighted both times you've lied. By contrast, you've called me out for loving you over in a game from six months ago and for "being scum". Show, don't tell.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Plotterboy posted:

You've been straight up quiet not making waves and posting whitenoise when needed until last round. Voting late when voting. I called out splode and you and you blow up accusing me. I think I pipped one two many scum in my list and you're shitscared. Also the mention of the game six months ago is because it shows a precedent for you to do stupid poo poo.

As I said earlier I am vanilla town. I've pointed you out twice in scumlists and you've freaked out. Either you're hopeless town or your scum who think I've got a bit of an idea and want me lynched to not waste a night kill. With 6 townies out we are at a lynchpin moment, so splitting the town against itself is a solid move. I'm guessing youre being the noisy one because you are vanilla scum and therefore expendable if things go awry.

That's your evidence? I've posted earlier the good real-life reasons I was quiet on the first two days. As to your other point, if highlighting two times in a single afternoon where you've straight up lied is doing "stupid poo poo" then God help the rest of the town.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Small Keating posted:

Well, I guess that's that. With Gough's dying breath, he cursed the name of the house of Splode. It is up to us to carry out his will.

##vote Splode

I have to agree. I believed in Splode yesterday and that was a huge mistake. With Gough removed as a suspect, that leaves the person he was accusing.

##vote Splode

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha, amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Killing you was our biggest gamble. We knew it would look suss as gently caress after you lost your effort post on me, but the next day everyone got a hateboner for Anidav.

Scumdoc is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KFuq4tTaPIyhah395LJeJ3jBUDQpIMvRnPZJtiU9Nsg/edit?usp=docslist_api

• Locked thread