Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
That's a loving massive player list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

9 votes is a pretty big snowball imo

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Unvoting sound reasonable given our chances of hitting a scum are low and luck based at this stage. loving around with the new votefinder rules on day one will only benefit scum.

Anidav fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 17, 2015

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Twas a typo sorry. Phoneposting.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

You guys should chill out.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Its true imo. We have the player bulk we can start slow and steady.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

No one is going to act suss enough for much of a shot in d1. There's a 80% chance we will hit a town if we kill today. You guys are acting on day one how you should be acting in day two.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Am I really always suss?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Well seeing how much you posted first two games I expected the same this game. You've barely done anything so you're automatically on my mental suss list because you're not playing like you've played in the past.

Well, how about I get investigated night 1 and you see how suss I am tommorrow? I have nothing to hide and nothing to do so I can't really post much since I lack the capacity to take a leading role. I'm just watching and reading. As we all mostly are on this very first day.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

1) it's not how you've played in the past, not a big suss reason
2) why would you want a town investigator to waste a night investigating you, and then role claim tomorrow to clear you? That's very selfish and actually is very detrimental to town, the wasted action if you're town AND them exposing themselves. Not very town dude.

I'm not saying he has to, I'm saying if he is you then you can look into me on night one if I'm on your list but it doesn't have to happen, I just don't think I'm indefinitely suss in comparison to those who have reacted in a harsher manner. specially the gently caress you, you suck's.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Not a good enough explanation. Phone posting so pretend I put a gif here of someone pedalling a bike backwards.

You are correct, I do however claim that I have no leadership role here and therefore will not be posting as much.

Given the current freakout I am happy to adhere to the current state of play on day one.

##vote Harold Krell

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm always on your top group Bif, cut me some slack. Just because I'm good at this game :shrug:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What? Why? Beet you're hyperactive and bouncing off the wall and all over the place. Its day one you need to calm down. Also I just read SK's partner's post and I agree. I will not be Auspol and fart on day 1.
##unvote

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm phone posting and can't scroll back or multitask to look up names due to Android.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Beet, stop whitenoising.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Thanks.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

That's a pretty safe night kill so scum is playing it cool early as we did yesterday, somewhat. Nothing suspicious about that kill. Hopefully something pops up so we can strike back by at least day 3.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I am also a little suss on beet. He's about as much of the perfect town player as he is the perfect scum player. Therefore, if he is town and nothing prevents it he should be nightkilled in the early days just like Mills was when I was scum with him in previous games. If he survives into the later stages while still being a high profile poster, the probability of him being scum increases. Unless scum is stupid and prefers easy targets.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I don't even have to vote and you come out swinging with a defensive vote against me. I'm not saying wait, I'm hoping we hit a scum by day 3.

Voting this early and harshly is VERY emotional. Are you okay?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Wow look at all this potential scummy activity around questioning Beet.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

He didn't post much. It was a very safe kill and it really doesn't tell us anything nor make me suspicious on anyone else. The defence of Beet this early in the morning is a little bit odd, however. I'm not going to play with fire here because I know a cluster of more experienced players are behind Beet's defence but that's not to say Beet himself is scum.

I will not vote for Beet or Small Keating on my own today today, playing with fire alone is a bad idea. Therefore I'm going to wait for more posters to appear before I post more.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

This is for a vote that basically happened as soon as the thread opened. Beet sounds like he's trying to summon bloodthirst, I don't like it. It's hard to be constructive without a report back from a power role and even if I tried, I'd just end up looking just as suss as Beet is with his hyperactive connect-the-dots on day TWO. This is the exact same kind of "framing myself as the saviour" play Milky Moor did on my very first game and Beet looks like he's trying to do the same thing.

I still won't vote for you Beet but you are trying SO HARD to connect dots and you merely saying you might be together with bif is a stupid fat red herring. Your true intention is to get me lynched today because you already have a plan for it tomorrow.

Matthew Beet posted:

I would also prefer Anidav because he's on the top of my list

Which list, your hit list?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Wow, a player is learning how to play in more than one style? SCUM.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Splode posted:

You're playing totally differently to how you played last game and your howls for "sit on your hands and wait to die" are not doing you any favours.

Huh, lets see, my first game I was scum and town power roles didn't concern me as much.

My second game with Mills had NO POWER ROLES

My third game here has power roles and you think it's scummy that I'm suddenly curious and wanting to hear from somebody for once?

So lets get this out of the way because you all seemed to have forgotten this one fact

This is my second game with power roles, it is not scummy for wanting to try and ask if any power roles have anything of value, even if they are scum pretending. That is a learning experience for me. I apologize for being oblivious on how this might hurt town and thank you for bringing that up.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

A very interesting post Splode, you should be more cautious and patient with your vote. You surely are too hasty and unforgiving towards a guy who's playing his first game of mafia that differs from previous. I have every right to post differently, your sample size for the games I've played is too small to try and draw suspicions from. Look elsewhere unless you wish to mark a scar on town's chances of winning.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

If you're on suss try and point T out who you think is dude. You look suss because the majority of your posting is about defending yourself.

You've been trying to drag me into a whirlpool of defence since day one. If you have anything else to post about besides "He is suss because I defended myself and he is defending himself in retaliation to my defence." Spit it out. You're dragging in all sorts of people around you, you are the eye of the storm, whether you know it yet or not depends on the legitimacy of your vanilla town role claim.

Splode posted:

'guys I'm new' .

I'm not new to the game, I'm new to the faction. Mills game was too short for standard.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, the more Anidav keeps posting the better it looks to vote him and see what happens.

I was gonna do some more nitpicky posts about what Beet's been saying that just seemed silly to me, but finding out the result of where he's actually kept his vote would be worth a lot more.

##vote anidav

Taking the easy way and not doing an effort post on hambeet is a very convenient scapegoat. :confuoot:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Lets face it Bif, I'm always on a list but it's really not going to serve town well this round. For a 20 person game this is a little bit tooeasy if I flip scum and you probably know it at the bottom of your heart.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hey Harold, are you a Vengeful?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

tithin posted:

What's the current vote tally, votefinder?

Wait, you can summon votefinder like that?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

tithin I trust you with my life. I have a role that I can't claim or else it will be useless. Lynching me will hurt town. I have to wait until night, I must make it to night.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Splode posted:

This is a pretty lazy lie if you're scum, I can't think of a role that is useless if people know that you have it. It makes being an investigator difficult, but certainly not useless.

First game, day 2. Scumdocument wrote a lie for me.

Let me ask you this, if I am scum, do you think scum would write a lie that appears to be this lazy?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I didn't do anything to anyone, at the same time; scum did nothing to me.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Is that...a self vote? :lost:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So Beet and Bif both claim vanilla. I would just like to point that out; we have two very safe role claims here and a suicide vote. It's either the ultimate white noise, designed to stall the vote on day two by diverting discussion to WHY THE STUPID VOTE BIF. Or it's fatigue from mafia in general and a gently caress IT, BELIEVE ME TOWN.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I dare scum to kill me tonight, Beet.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

If you guys think Bif is more valuable then you can kill me. I'm not very good at this red string thing.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

There is no masonry, you are overthinking this and tithin continues to be my eternal protector.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

SKY COQ posted:

So that means you're scum.
No, it means I am the best townie ever. tithin, please understand and get on my level.

Look at this loving poster, he has no idea and you know what, that's some nice red string placement between Splode and Bif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Naturally. Scum want to kill me, will town agree hand in hand or will they actually watch and look for other patterns in voting and posting. Come on town, two dead in one night. We've got bigger fish to fry.

Since I've figured the unliklihood of there being so many vanilla towns remaining and being a vanilla town myself whose survival plan backfired spectacularly and caused Bif to go insane. I have no choice but to
##vote Matthew Beet as there is no way in high heaven he is Vanilla Town after so many vanilla town deaths and knowing full well that I am a vanilla town remaining in play. I just didn't expect the hammer on Bif yesterday which was self imposed. I have not voted for anyone, not until now. Seeing Bif flip town gives me full confidence that this is my last stand.

Matthew Beet is scum.

• Locked thread