Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Skutter posted:

this is the same poo poo tumblr does. "are hispanics white today?" "nope not today because i want to rail about the evil cultural appropriations of the spanish language and burritos by white people"

Technically Javier Bardem can be seen as african because he was born on the canary islands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Javier Bardem, a spaniard, isn't white?

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Pulp Can Move posted:

If anything, black people are probably happy not to be associated with a year of such lame and gay movies.

No, this lack of diversity can't continue. The only solution is to revise the noms and include Tyler Perry for both Best Supporting Actor & Actress for his beautiful portrayal of Madea.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I am very mad that the propaganda movie about a sniper that was also a pathological liar got more nominations than the biopic about MLK that wasn't allowed to use the actual text of his speeches and had to paraphrase them or whatever. these sound like great movies lol.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
american race poo poo is so loving dumb

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

2014 was a lovely year for movies in general

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Countdown to nerd outrage about Interstellar not being nominated for best picture.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

So, no blacks but lots of trannies.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Kilmers Elbow posted:

So, no blacks but lots of trannies.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

City of Tampa posted:

I am very mad that the propaganda movie about a sniper that was also a pathological liar got more nominations than the biopic about MLK that wasn't allowed to use the actual text of his speeches and had to paraphrase them or whatever. these sound like great movies lol.

i can't believe the sniper story got made considering 99% of the dudes stories were made up

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Technically Javier Bardem can be seen as african because he was born on the canary islands.

he is therefore trans*friend of the family.

whole lotta plastic faces and crooked titties.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Skutter posted:

whole lotta plastic faces and crooked titties.

They are even uglier on the inside.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

hemale in pain posted:

i can't believe the sniper story got made considering 99% of the dudes stories were made up

~our heroes fight for our freedoms every day~

(and then they make up ridiculous unbelievable lies about it)

I kinda want to watch it just to see if there is a Jesse Ventura scene in it, but I'm not giving these people any of my money for this nonsense.

fake edit: lol I guess he also had a fake story about killing two guys in Texas that were trying to steal his truck, and a story about sniping people from the roof of the Superdome during hurricane Katrina.

Yeah let's make a movie about this how wonderful this guy was, he's not a lunatic or anything.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
rich celebrities handing trophies back and forth to each other interests me alot so i dvr every award show available

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
lmao at selma. hey you know how lbj worked with mlk on the civil rights act and considered it the greatest act of his presidency? let's turn him into a obstructionist rear end in a top hat because gently caress the facts we need a villian for the movie. *gets nominated for best picture*

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

the oscars are an american ceremony to celebrate movies from hollywood, california

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE
I don't care about any of the dumb bullshit going on itt, but Rosamund Pike is beautiful.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

as a cishet white male, i can only feel guilty about so many things at once

i might get to this next week myabe?

Iamblikhos posted:

I don't care about any of the dumb bullshit going on itt, but Rosamund Pike is beautiful.

"a world class vagina" or so i'm tolt

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow

Dolphin posted:

imho they should nominate crash for bp again this year to prove the oscars aren't racist

Crash got nominated because of a vast scientologist conspiracy not because they wanted to prove they weren't racist .

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
birdman was really good and if it doesn't win every award it's nominated for i will complain about it on my blog in no less than 3,000 words

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
also i wonder if the academy will give a standing ovation to a convicted rapist during this year's program lmao

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
The Oscars are a marketing gimmick disguised with a clever cloak of "prestige". It's a toxic combination of old boy's network, high school politics, media hype, and AARP Magazine/

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
gently caress the Huffington Post, but calling their article on the Oscars "White Gold" is pretty great.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
I'm a proud black woman who don't need no golden man

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
maybe only white people were involved in movies this year that "deserve" an oscar

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
This is going to be black peoples Passion of The Christ.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

actually it's the standard, thus making all nonamericans much more heavily racist and smelly

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH
The writer of this article comes across as a lil bitch who is upset their movie wasn't selected so they're trying to turn it into something racial for profit.

I'm not trying to marginalize the issue of unequal representation, I just don't know if this event qualifies.

I'm not much of a movie person tho

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hungry Joe posted:

The writer of this article comes across as a lil bitch who is upset their movie wasn't selected so they're trying to turn it into something racial for profit.

I'm not trying to marginalize the issue of unequal representation, I just don't know if this event qualifies.

I'm not much of a movie person tho

beyonce is greatest artist of all time

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Nonsense posted:

actually it's the standard, thus making all nonamericans much more heavily racist and smelly

third reich style racial schemata is p dumb and it's super weird americans cling to it

I mean I like you a lot otherwise but in this you are weird

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

third reich style racial schemata is p dumb and it's super weird americans cling to it

I mean I like you a lot otherwise but in this you are weird

i have no idea what any of what i wrote, blame reagan

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH

Nonsense posted:

beyonce is greatest artist of all time

She's a pretty good entertainer considering she only has a massive team to compose and produce albums for her. Truly inspiring

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hungry Joe posted:

She's a pretty good entertainer considering she only has a massive team to compose and produce albums for her. Truly inspiring

kanye is racist for thinking beyonce is the greatest artist of all time, because she's like maybe the 50th.

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.
Are you telling me the oscars is very White English centric and never really cared about foreigners in their circle jerk ceremony????

COLOUR ME SHOCKED!!! Literally every Oscar winning film is poo poo, who cares?

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

a retard posted:

lmao at selma. hey you know how lbj worked with mlk on the civil rights act and considered it the greatest act of his presidency? let's turn him into a obstructionist rear end in a top hat because gently caress the facts we need a villian for the movie. *gets nominated for best picture*

oh btw if you complain about this well you better check your privilege

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

i would say analyzing things in terms of meeting quotas for rewards given to minorities, and arguing/debating the whiteness of "borderline" minorities is definitely the way racism will be cured thanks huffington post et al

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

john travolta nominated for best black gay

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Xaris posted:

lmao excuse me, CRASH is the greatest movie ever made. it tells a deeply rivetting and empowering tale of racism across all points of views coming together. also the help and Blindside are loving goooddd

tho i wonder how many nomineees are lovely drama oscarbaits about struggles of being black in [x time period].

I agree that Crash was really good, but I don't remember anything about race, I thought it was just people loving in car accidents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

it was a bad movie because they didn't call him ludacrash

• Locked thread