Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

everything is yellower now but my eye strain is gone so thats good. never have i felt more extreme as a gamer.

also mario galaxy 2 is $10 this week. i'm in Bowser Jr.'s Robot Reactor and having a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Dexters Secret posted:

everything is yellower now but my eye strain is gone so thats good. never have i felt more extreme as a gamer.

also mario galaxy 2 is $10 this week. i'm in Bowser Jr.'s Robot Reactor and having a good time

Been meaning to check out MG2 and I want to give the Prime trilogy another shot even though I didn't like the original that much. Can you play them on the gamepad screen?

grats on your shades

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

Been meaning to check out MG2 and I want to give the Prime trilogy another shot even though I didn't like the original that much. Can you play them on the gamepad screen?

grats on your shades

you cannot, im afraid.

gotta have a wiimote and nunchuck

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2e8EvszjPs

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i dont have eye strain on the computer because i learned to wear my prescription glasses so i can see when i'm more than 3 feet away from the screen, op

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i dont have eye strain on the computer because i learned to wear my prescription glasses so i can see when i'm more than 3 feet away from the screen, op

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i dont have prescription glasses

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Did you buy the one called "Anime"?

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Leadthumb posted:

Did you buy the one called "Anime"?

there's one called anime??? :wth:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i got 'vayper' but now i wish i got the anime ones.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Dexters Secret posted:

you cannot, im afraid.

gotta have a wiimote and nunchuck

What about the wii u gamepad pro, the purchade hinges on that

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Dexters Secret posted:

i got 'vayper' but now i wish i got the anime ones.

:420:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

qnqnx posted:

What about the wii u gamepad pro, the purchade hinges on that

you pretty much need the wiimote and nunchuck for any games that were originally released on the wii. i think you can use the gamepad as a screen though since it has a wiimote sensor on it, but that would be awkward

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Dexters Secret posted:

you pretty much need the wiimote and nunchuck for any games that were originally released on the wii. i think you can use the gamepad as a screen though since it has a wiimote sensor on it, but that would be awkward

Guess I'm skipping these games then. gently caress the wiimote

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

qnqnx posted:

Guess I'm skipping these games then. gently caress the wiimote

dumbass

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
play the marios? XD da gently caress

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I'd rather have my head bashed in with a Gamecube than use the worst controller in the history of gaming since the NES gimmick ones

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

qnqnx posted:

I'd rather have my head bashed in with a Gamecube than use the worst controller in the history of gaming since the NES gimmick ones

ok

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

qnqnx posted:

Have you ever even used one. They work fine you retarded bitch.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Have you ever even used one. They work fine you retarded bitch.

Motion controls are controller AIDS, and their button placement is poo poo

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

qnqnx posted:

your fingers rest on literally the only buttons you need to press jesus christ

Dec 26, 2012

qnqnx posted:

they aren't, and it isn't if youve actually used it

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ruggington posted:

your fingers rest on literally the only buttons you need to press jesus christ

Not nearly enough buttons, need the full ABXYLR set

01011001 posted:

they aren't, and it isn't if youve actually used it

Motion controls are for retards and the ones lacking fingers

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

What makes these glasses different than 5 dollar shooting glasses with a yellow lens?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Eye of Widesauron posted:

What makes these glasses different than 5 dollar shooting glasses with a yellow lens?

A brand name and the word GAMING in their marketing. That said they look like decently nice glasses anyways, so maybe they're not just $10 pieces of poo poo?

Also, http://shop.gunnars.com/anime/d/1001_c_100

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Death Bot posted:

A brand name and the word GAMING in their marketing. That said they look like decently nice glasses anyways, so maybe they're not just $10 pieces of poo poo?

You're right, they are $100 pieces of poo poo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GUNNAR Optiks are scientifically proven to let you see 20 more frames per second.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the wiimote + nunchuck setup is actually real comfortable, you can just relax both arms and flop them anywhere you want, and it's not like its really motion controlled, just has a shake-activated spinjump. try it before u deny it!!!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dec 26, 2012

chaosbreather posted:

the wiimote + nunchuck setup is actually real comfortable, you can just relax both arms and flop them anywhere you want, and it's not like its really motion controlled, just has a shake-activated spinjump. try it before u deny it!!!

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

mostly the frames, really. nice glasses frames are expensive.

also im told the anti-reflective coating will start to wear off on the cheapo glasses but i have no idea if that's true or not

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

That and taking frequent breaks to avoid eyestrain.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Death Bot posted:

They're just polarised glasses with a lovely yellow tint to them. You can get clear ones in similar frames for cheaper.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Great Joe posted:

They're just polarised glasses with a lovely yellow tint to them. You can get clear ones in similar frames for cheaper.

the yellow tint is the entire point

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

qnqnx posted:

Gimmick controllers loving rule.

NES advantage. The fishing one for the n64. The RPG controller for the PSX.

there's actually one that attaches to a real m16a1 for the army and i like to think like 10% of them were from people who forgot to unload it and blew the gently caress out of the TV

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Dexters Secret posted:

the yellow tint is the entire point
you can also get polarised glasses tinted in pretty much all the colours of the rainbow for cheaper, so if you wanna make the world look like it's permanently covered in urine, there's cheaper options out there

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Great Joe posted:

you can also get polarised glasses tinted in pretty much all the colours of the rainbow for cheaper, so if you wanna make the world look like it's permanently covered in urine, there's cheaper options out there

its to protect your eyes from bright blue light

also what if i want the world to be covered in urine? dont judge me and my life choices

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
lol you should have got a cheap pair of shooting glasses how is the finish gonna wear off if you only wear them sitting at your computer

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Pookum posted:

lol you should have got a cheap pair of shooting glasses how is the finish gonna wear off if you only wear them sitting at your computer

shooting glasses are not comfortable to wear all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

also im told the anti-reflective coating will start to wear off on the cheapo glasses but i have no idea if that's true or not

if it does, just get another pair, because theyre $5 and not 10-20x that

• Locked thread