Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I said come in! posted:

Selma getting snubbed hardcore seems to be getting a lot of talk. No reason to not nominate Ava DuVernay for best director when the movie has a best picture nomination. Hollywood (and society in general), really likes to erase the work that people of color do, even more so if it comes from a woman.

Maybe Selma is a bad movie? I haven't seen it yet. And as others said, isn't really inaccurate in regards to Lyndon Johnson and his support?

Plus 12 Years A Slave won best picture last year so not sure where youre getting this "HOLLYWOOD HATES BLACK PEOPLE".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Murray will never get that oscar, eh? :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

In the end who gives a gently caress about the oscars.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

And that's because most of them are drunk as gently caress which owns.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rocky loving deserved that Oscar tho, its a pretty drat good movie. Not saying the others are poo poo but it was a crazy year of good stuff.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think it's like anything out there (music, games, etc.) in that people take someone not liking a movie as an offence to them personally. Once you realize this you can start not really caring that your favorite movie lost and acting offended. It's just fun and games for rich assholes to get these Oscars.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

People sure loving hate Clint Eastwood.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnfAxUjRQAo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Big Hero 6 was nothing special.

Not sure what deserves it here. Even HTTYD2 was nothing great.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Come on Travolta, just embrace it you loving bitch.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Perestroika posted:

Personally Birdman didn't really do much for me, though I suppose I can see why it'd win. But the biggest surprise for me was that it won camera over Grand Budapest Hotel. I adored the cinematography in GBH, it made for a really distinct and fitting style. While Birdman had a number of pretty shots as well, GBH was definitely more memorable in that aspect for me.

Birdman was cool in how it seamlessly blended all those shots but I agree, the shots in GBH are so amazing - everything perfectly lined up in 4:3. One day Wes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I watched Jupiter Ascending before Ive seen Theory of Everything and loving Eddie Redmayne was the worst thing about the entire movie. How he goes from a shrieking manchild to winning a oscar is beyond me.

• Locked thread