Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Accursed Walrus posted:

For this one, you just have to take your best shot, note the route and length, and then try something else. It does help that the solutions to puzzles in Layton tend to be unique, so if you find two routes with the same length, you can probably rule them out.

The trick to these is to work out which parts of the path you don't take. Whenever you have three segments meeting at a point, you can only take 2 of them. Likewise you can only take one segment at the entrance and exit. There are fourteen places where three segments meet at a point, and each segment connects two places, so (counting the entrance and exit too) there are eight segments you won't take. Make sure these are all as short as possible and you solve the puzzle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Accursed Walrus posted:

Huh, I never noticed that. That method works a lot better than the one I used.

I suppose now is a good a time as any to say that what I put with the puzzle solutions are just the methods I used to solve the puzzles, and by no means are the optimal (or even good) methods. So if I give a method that doesn't work well, please feel free to correct me.

On that note, do you mind if I edit this into the post, Mort?

Go right ahead!

• Locked thread