Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Pro Reg is now open.
http://comic-con.org/cci/professionals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
The Comic-Con 2016 Volunteer Interest List is Now Open

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/volunteers

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
speaking of proreg, how closely do they scrutinize things? I had some viral videos I worked on but my name doesn't actually appear on credits(no credits to speak of really), would oit be enough to just have them verify with the people in charge?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Alan Smithee posted:

speaking of proreg, how closely do they scrutinize things? I had some viral videos I worked on but my name doesn't actually appear on credits(no credits to speak of really), would oit be enough to just have them verify with the people in charge?

You need to be in the credits somehow.

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank
When do the actual passes for normal people go on sale?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Kali11324 posted:

When do the actual passes for normal people go on sale?

Sometime in February or March

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Remember the guy who ran over people in the Zombiewalk back in 2014? He's been found guilty.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/30412091/motorist-found-guilty-in-zombie-walk-trial

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I agree with finding him guilty of reckless driving but I don't agree with the possible sentencing of prison time. That will accomplish nothing. Though he is lucky that he wasn't found guilty of something like attempted manslaughter or assault with a deadly weapon.

I was not aware until very recently that he was a volunteer at the Con. This just perplexes me. He was aware of the convention and even attended it. He may have not been aware of the zombie walk but he was fully aware of how absurd the entire event and its attendees can be. I find it fairly unbelievable that he was actually frightened and did not put two and two together. Not to say he shouldn't have been annoyed or angered over people loving with his car, but he did not have to plow through them like a maniac.

Foppish Yet Dashing fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 5, 2015

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
:siren: Saturday is 2016 pre-reg :siren:

This year’s badge buying process will closely resemble 2015, with one big improvement. We are excited to announce the arrival of RFID badge technology to Comic-Con 2016! RFID badges are extremely hard to duplicate, which addresses the problems we’ve had with counterfeit badging! In addition, it allows us to tie a badge to a specific person closer than before.

RFID technology also allows us to offer another exciting feature… advance fulfillment! Now we can mail you your badge in advance so you can skip those pesky registration lines onsite. No more waiting in line to get your badge when you arrive, although you’ll still want to pick up your bag, Souvenir Book and Events Guide, and lanyard at your leisure. And if the postman accidentally delivers your badge to another dimension, RFID technology allows us to turn off the missing badge and issue you a new one onsite.

- See more at: http://www.comic-con.org/toucan/comic-con-2016-attendee-preregistration-here#sthash.9xEDbnVh.dpuf

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 10, 2015

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Hmm, $245 for all 4 days + preview night. For those keeping track at home, that's a $25 increase over last year.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
"All badges associated with your order will be shipped directly to the buyer"

Well poo poo, guess anyone buying for folks in the thread are gonna have an extra hoop of inconvenience to jump through.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
RFID sounds great in theory.

In practice...well, this should be an interesting year.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Didn't NYCC recently do RFID?

Either way, SDCC is already a bad enough poo poo show a lot of the time, adding another hoop is never going to be a fun time.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

RevKrule posted:

Hmm, $245 for all 4 days + preview night. For those keeping track at home, that's a $25 increase over last year.

How do you know date prices?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Pan Dulce posted:

How do you know date prices?

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/2016/attendee-preregistration

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Thank you. I was searching the site for this and must have missed it just scrolling through casually. Anyone know how pre-reg lottery goes? Is it as insane as normal lottery?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Pan Dulce posted:

Thank you. I was searching the site for this and must have missed it just scrolling through casually. Anyone know how pre-reg lottery goes? Is it as insane as normal lottery?

It's the same process but with fewer tickets and (I assume) fewer people because it's only available to people who attended 2015.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Lolololol rfid

Every year they announce some bullshitass security measure that protects no one and then every year staff pro stands around with their dick in their hands unable to answer even the most basic questions

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I think what they want is people to badge in and out every time they enter the building (or individual rooms and halls). I think NYCC did this w/RFID a couple years ago. It did not go very well at all the first year if I remember correctly, but I think a lot of the lovely RFID problems were compounded by them also hijacking your twitter account (hey, two bad ideas in one!)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

What's the current nycc situation

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Space_Butler posted:

"All badges associated with your order will be shipped directly to the buyer"

Well poo poo, guess anyone buying for folks in the thread are gonna have an extra hoop of inconvenience to jump through.

Hopefully they will be smart enough to ship each badge to the address associated with the account much like they do with the emails.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Soarer posted:

Hopefully they will be smart enough to
Hah.

Ha-ha hahaha. Hahahahahhahahaha.

So is the ConCent expansion breaking ground this year or what? Can't wait for that

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

FilthyImp posted:

Hah.

Ha-ha hahaha. Hahahahahhahahaha.

So is the ConCent expansion breaking ground this year or what? Can't wait for that

Aren't you precious. Thinking they might actually expand the convention center.

Their last effort for funding was shot down last year and they haven't come up with a new way to get funding.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RevKrule posted:

Aren't you precious. Thinking they might actually expand the convention center.

Their last effort for funding was shot down last year and they haven't come up with a new way to get funding.
God bless San Diego and their dysfunctional rear end politics.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Ehhh, the new security sounds like it will be as stupid as everything else they've tried.

I'm willing to buy up to (2) passes for someone if I get in pre-reg miraculously, hopefully someone can get my one badge as well if they do.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Anyone else with issues getting into the waiting room?

Edit: N/m, it's working now.

Edit 2: Nope, looks like they've hosed this up....again.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 14, 2015

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Darko posted:

Ehhh, the new security sounds like it will be as stupid as everything else they've tried.

I'm willing to buy up to (2) passes for someone if I get in pre-reg miraculously, hopefully someone can get my one badge as well if they do.

I'll take you up on that, since me and the other pass are trying to get in too.

EDIT: nvm, we hoth are poor as church mice and only have enough in each card for one pass.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 14, 2015

RAi
Oct 6, 2004

I'm the best there is at what I do....and what I do is eat cookies!
Another wonderful anxiety-filled year of trying to get my badge!

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Strange that the waiting room is having issues when the first two (or three?) years of this process went very smooth.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
gently caress! Even in the future nothin' works!

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
9:00 rolls around. Click back to tab with waiting room... "Problem loading page."

gently caress me.

edit: nvm, the yellow message says they're getting ready to begin. Nothing is hosed dude.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Good luck everyone.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

And here we go with the nonsense again.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Sales started at 9:10. Stuck waiting.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
I really wish they'd ditch this dumb lottery system and just embrace the idea of a melee pit, it'd be way less stressful than this.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

This was the easiest year for me. Got mine and Alan Smithee's.

Squats!
Jun 6, 2006

Good luck everyone, may the odds be ever in your favor

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

Space_Butler posted:

I really wish they'd ditch this dumb lottery system and just embrace the idea of a melee pit, it'd be way less stressful than this.

SDCC Thunderdome! TWO NERDS ENTER, ONE NERD LEAVES!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Preview Night is sold out. I think I'll move to plan B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
I was doing a lovely job of paying attention and failed to notice that I got it. Lord knows how long it sat there. 4 days, haven't gotten 4 days in 3 years.

• Locked thread