Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I combine proteins in my bottom everyday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Hmm.... general exercise eh?

I just checked and the CDC says the RDI for protein ages 19+ is 56g. I'm currently about195lbs, about 15lbs over the weight I'd like to be, maybe a little less.

MensFitness says that a 4oz chicken breast is about 27g. That would mean I'd have to eat about 7.2 chicken breasts a day (if that's the only thing I eat that gives me protein).

That's a lot.

Edit - I still don't get this thread and have no idea why I'm posting in it.

The 1 g/lb of bodyweight is a myth perpetuated in bodybuilding circles. All of the Science has shown that number has no basis in reality. There's so many arbitrary rules, they are referred to as "Bro science."

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

KVeezy3 posted:

The 1 g/lb of bodyweight is a myth perpetuated in bodybuilding circles. All of the Science has shown that number has no basis in reality. There's so many arbitrary rules, they are referred to as "Bro science."

in reality you dont really see increased benefits over about .7g/lb bodyweight but bodybuilding is about 40% about superstition and ritual so keep on keeping on

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
thanks op, hadn't heard of this one before

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

by your proteins combined, i am captain human being

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

quote:

"With three important exceptions, there is little danger of protein deficiency in a plant food diet. The exceptions are diets very heavily dependent on [1] fruit or on [2] some tubers, such as sweet potatoes or cassava, or on [3] junk food (refined flours, sugars, and fat). Fortunately, relatively few people in the world try to survive on diets in which these foods are virtually the sole source of calories.

lol
https://www.google.com/search?q=walmart+shoppers&espv=2&biw=1152&bih=606&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Hmm.... general exercise eh?

I just checked and the CDC says the RDI for protein ages 19+ is 56g. I'm currently about195lbs, about 15lbs over the weight I'd like to be, maybe a little less.

MensFitness says that a 4oz chicken breast is about 27g. That would mean I'd have to eat about 7.2 chicken breasts a day (if that's the only thing I eat that gives me protein).

That's a lot.

Edit - I still don't get this thread and have no idea why I'm posting in it.

Im 5'11 , 185 and eat at least 180g of protein daily.

E: 1g / bw is gospel god bless

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I shovel food into my gaping maw and ride a mobility scooter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

vyst posted:

fun fact jizz has more carbs than protein in it.

Oh yeah? Trying to keep track if your intake?

• Locked thread