Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
A child.

I may later change this to skeleton astronaut who I have totally never seen before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

D, Malphas

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Look. A is going to be the chosen one. There is no way it is JUST a thirteen year old kid. Do you WANT to go through the whole awkward run up to learning your powers and so on? On the other hand, Malphas, being a demon, albeit a lesser one, already knows the score and knows whats up. There won't be any gradual build up, we can hop right into the action of being a badass!

Basically, anyone who does not vote for Malphas is a communist.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I think I'd rather be 'Murica, the Great Eagle of Freedom.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
D: Malphas...... For Freeeedoommmmm

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Hold on, my hammer and sickle got in the way of me attempting to vote. However, I made it.

A

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Changing from B to A.

Sorry Diog, between your thread and Evil Overlord I'm all demoned out.

:ussr:

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 17, 2015

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
switching my vote to A

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Will close the voting in an hour or so, commie pinko liberals have it by 1..

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Diogines posted:

Look. A is going to be the chosen one. There is no way it is JUST a thirteen year old kid. Do you WANT to go through the whole awkward run up to learning your powers and so on?

:catstare:

Was A raised by cannibals? Just asking.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

There is no way it is JUST a thirteen year old kid. Do you WANT to go through the whole awkward run up to learning your powers and so on?
[/quote]

It could be the great grandkid of Obama, trying to restore the great nation of 'Murica!

I did think up a timeline for how it could roll: http://pastebin.com/usJ1Ux43

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm voting for whatever has the greatest chance of becoming Lord Humongous of the scorched earth. Preferably with an angel lashed to the front of his land cruiser.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Outrail posted:

I'm voting for whatever has the greatest chance of becoming Lord Humongous of the scorched earth. Preferably with an angel lashed to the front of his land cruiser.

Sounds like a vote for a 13 yo kid to me! :v:

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
D, Malphas

:911:

Grouchy Fish
Aug 24, 2006
I'll vote D Malphas

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I'll compromise and change to A if we can have a hook hand!

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Come on guys. 15 each for A and B!

Hook hand is possible if something happens to your hand, you cut it off and manage to stave off death by blood loss and infection and then manage to fashion a hook somehow.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do demons ever turn coat and join the angels or humans side?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

From the OP, I thought the demons were on the humans side?

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
As per the OP "Some changed sides." How much you know about that and where you know it from depends on your character choice.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

IRC, four hours ago posted:

< Stevey> if they were going to be tied for any longer it would be a demon in a 13 year old kids body. drat split vote
Make it happen :colbert:

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
D. Malphas

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

D Malphas

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Voting closed. Close to having spinning heads and pea soup vomit.. but D just clinched it.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

It's okay. We will eventually learn that we were really a 13 year old boy just pretending to be a demon. It was our coping mechanism.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

You are.....

Malphas

A lesser demon, you were Called years after the First March. Angels fell before you, their ‘flesh' rent with your claws and teeth. You grew strong. You grew fearsome.

But in time the war changed and you grew weary. Battle after battle, bloodier and bloodier. Eventually command structures collapsed and the Calling weakened. A small number of Angels and Demons went mad, fighting their own or even allying with the enemy. Human numbers dwindled further as they killed each other as much as anything. Is this a battle you could even win? What was the point anymore?

Disillusioned, you began to wander. Hiding when you could and killing when you had to. Over time you became weaker and slower. Your muscles atrophied and your mind became foggy. Once clear memories now reside out of your reach. You've begun to hunger and thirst like a human.

For months or maybe even years you've been following rows of steel rocks, passing through jungles made of plant and concrete.

You are alone in the woods, crouched down low against the row of steel rocks. The ground beneath you hard and broken from the trees pushing through. There's movement up ahead.. Angel? Demon? ... Human? You've not seen a human in.. you're not even sure how long. You've been following the hard ground of the forest for a while, no particular destination in mind.

More movement, followed by screams. You creep closer but stay hidden among the rocks. A human suddenly appears a short distance in front of you, running faster than it should be able to. A spear in hand it's running towards an Angel. You've seen Angels like this before, wheels within wheels, their bodies alight with the flame of the Once-Father. They are very dangerous.

"Human! No!" You instinctively shout as you stand up, catching one of your wings against the steel rock. You hear a little tearing but feel no pain. The human will get itself killed.. but then again, they always do don't they.

The human, distracted by your shout turns its head towards you. The Angel barrels right into it, the sounds of bones snapping fill the woods. The Human slumps, blood pouring and bones protruding, caught within the wheels of the Angel. The Angel tries to move but it too falls with the Human's spear piercing one of it's many eyes. You approach it with caution. As you near, you see that every eye has been blinded and some of the wounds appear weeks old. The flames of the Once-Father seemingly long burnt out.

You may be weary of all the death and fighting, but you just saw a human die horribly in front of you. As a demon you instinctively should feel angry about this..

You:

A. Feel angry that a human has been killed.
B. Feel happy that a human has been killed.
C. Care not that a human has been killed.
D. Write in.

You take another step closer and the Angel bucks, futilely trying to right itself. Even with eyes blinded it must know you're here. It screeches at you, the words piercing painfully into your very being..

L͖͎̠̤̲͍̋̅ͬE̞̙̙͑A̠ͧ̎͋͂͆̈́V̫͍͍̠̣̹ͅEͨ̂̈̄.̹̺̟̓͋ͩͬ̒ ̘̩̝̀̾̅̅N̼̩̠͚̣̝͆̑̅̾̔̓̄ͅO̝͖͈͍ͫ̆ͅW̱͍̑̿̒.̳̗̺̪̈́̎ͣ̽̓

As as for the disgusting Angel in front of you:

E. Leave it to die. Why bother doing anything, something will end it.
F. Try to talk with it.
G. Kill it.
H. Fill in..

Optional: I. Twist the spear before the above.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A,F

If we play our cards right we can start our own religion. With blackjack. And hookers!

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 18, 2015

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
A.
H. Eat its power.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

AF

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

1. D. -We feel SAD. Once-Father dammit, that was totally needless!

2. G-Kill it. But this not anger, it is a mercy killing. Someone obviously worked this angel over before we got here.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
CF

Changed vote lower in the thread.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 18, 2015

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Diogines posted:

1. D. -We feel SAD. Once-Father dammit, that was totally needless!

Switching my one vote to Sad

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Wentley posted:

A.
H. Eat its power.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Wentley posted:

A.
H. Eat its power.

Omnomnom

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
You feel:

D: Hungry, you've been on the road for a while and some delicious human meat is going to hit the spot.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
A
H: Try to imprison it.
I

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
A.
F. Forcefully interrogate it if need be.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
1.D - Guilt. That one was all our fault. Way to go, us.
2.F to start with. If the interrogation goes poorly (or well, for that matter) we can always eat it for cool powers later.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
AIE

Let's go find a functioning vehicle and start a motor club vehicular homicide cult.

+1 Cult

Also we feel D: Hungry. Because.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
A
F

• Locked thread