Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
TAKA "superbigdick uwahahahahaaaa" Michinoku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm absolutely certain I'm in the minority here, but I don't find the commentary as impressive as a lot of people seem to. I'm not saying it's bad by any means, I just don't find anything particularly excellent or noteworthy about it. Little Americanized things like calling Tanahashi's Air Raid Crash attempt "White Noise" also kinda bug me; it's very clearly viewed through an American lens, and very apparent they have really varying knowledge of the subject matter. I still appreciate it because it's for a wider TV audience and is bringing Western attention to NJPW, but I think a lot of people just notice it more because WWE commentary is really that terrible nowadays. Maybe Ross/Striker for WK9 set the bar too high, or maybe it's just because Japanese commentary really doesn't bother me when I watch it. That said it's been very enjoyable so far and I'm glad they're showing such high quality matches. I hope they get to expand it to show more later on.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I know it's a pretty recent thing, but why IS Ibushi in the Heavyweight division? I thought they took their weight classes pretty seriously, and last I heard he's like 190 tops.

• Locked thread