Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
So I use a laptop as a desktop replacement and want to get the most out of its life, but I also have all sorts of USB peripherals that rely on minimal latency and because of this a traditional cooling pad isn't ideal because they typically occupy two of a laptops USB ports. I have four in total and am currently using all four.

I've done some googling around and can't find a cooling pad that would plug into a wall. Would you have any alternatives or suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
There is no need to use a cooling pad. Just make sure you keep the vents unobstructed and clean them every once in a while.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I have a cheap Coolermaster pad which uses one port and has a passthrough for connecting whatever else to

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
I have a surge protector/power bar with 2 USB plugs on it. I'd suggest looking for one of those. If the USB cord on the cooler isn't long enough, get an extension to go with.

e: Specifically, this thing.

Phoenixan fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 18, 2015

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Phoenixan posted:

I have a surge protector/power bar with 2 USB plugs on it. I'd suggest looking for one of those. If the USB cord on the cooler isn't long enough, get an extension to go with.

e: Specifically, this thing.

I'll probably do this.

Related to this topic: any Dell laptop users have any tips for getting one of their graphics cards to last longer than two years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Dorkopotamis posted:

Related to this topic: any Dell laptop users have any tips for getting one of their graphics cards to last longer than two years?
Just make sure you keep the vents unobstructed and clean the dust out every once in a while.

• Locked thread