Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I already ranted about this in the other thread, but I just spite-cancelled because of the geoblocking in Canada. If I can't get this poo poo via fightpass, it offers me literally nothing of value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
yeah but not using the paid ufc service :rolleyes:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If I am in a non-blacked out country is the whole fightnight live on fightpass or just the prelims?

e: Sorry that I am spastic, I'm a poor student and want to make sure before I shell out ten quid.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
soriani is a good fighter. rosa is having success only because he's unorthodox.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I just watched one of the most glorious comebacks in NFL history, now I just need Cerrone and Siver to win for a perfect day.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Cool jiu-jitsu on both sides.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Seltzer posted:

It's on TV in the US. Fox Sports 1.

I just flipped through all the channels on the TV we have in this apartment and I didn't come across it.
I came across some NFL game on CBS and something called Fox Sports Arizona, but that's about it.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I just flipped through all the channels on the TV we have in this apartment and I didn't come across it.
I came across some NFL game on CBS and something called Fox Sports Arizona, but that's about it.

Do you have cable/satellite

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
These scrambles are fun, Soriano looks like he's improved a ton since the Kawajiri fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
loving hell rosa's got some game on the ground. soriano should keep this poo poo standing.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Also cool snap down, he spiked Soriano on his noggin

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Yuriy posted:

Do you have cable/satellite

If my seventeen brazilian roomates were around, I could ask them, alas, I can only tell you there's a cable coming out of the wall going into the TV, no idea what type of signal campus housing is being fed, I'm trying to find out as we speak.
Is there any way to find out from the TV or channel selection itself?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Da,mit, the stream I'm watching forgot to pay for his dish, and now there is a warning covering up half the screen.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lol Soriano didn't pull guard, he slipped on a knee attempt

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

1st AD posted:

Lol Soriano didn't pull guard, he slipped on a knee attempt

and lost himself the fight in the process

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Conditioning, truly the greatest martial art.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Another nice armbar attempt.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Soriano looks as exhausted as some of the newbies in the gym holy bananas.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

keep it standing soriano

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You're telling me I can no longer watch prelims on the internet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
drat, this fight owns.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Hahaha did I win?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I like the BJJ exchanges ok, but they'd be way cooler and more effective with punches thrown in as well.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rosa looks like he'll sleep for a 100 years

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

strange looking tap

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Joe bringing up Fedor.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

strange looking tap

I don't think it changed the result

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Looked like a fake tap to me.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Count Roland posted:

I like the BJJ exchanges ok, but they'd be way cooler and more effective with punches thrown in as well.

Rosa and Soriano never really stopped moving on the ground I don't see how you could land any GNP

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

looked like he was squirming around or maybe a fake tap??

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Nice darce, bad tap.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Looked like a legit FedorTap to me. He'd lost the fight anyway.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

1st AD posted:

Rosa and Soriano never really stopped moving on the ground I don't see how you could land any GNP

Yeah ground and pound won't be effective without a solid base and they never had that for very long.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
He would have lost anyway, but you can't do that while you are being choked and the ref is looking for a tap.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

I don't think it changed the result

definitely not. soriano was getting tooled on the floor

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

1st AD posted:

You don't need a stable position. Say when a guy was turtled with opponent on top. Yes you can hang on for the choke, or you could punch to the side of the head. No hooks were in, so you could think of a knee to the body as well. You obviously risk losing control, but forcing your opponent to think about and defend strikes is well worth it.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

outy posted:

Looked like a legit FedorTap to me. He'd lost the fight anyway.

What tap is this?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Count Roland posted:

You don't need a stable position. Say when a guy was turtled with opponent on top. Yes you can hang on for the choke, or you could punch to the side of the head. No hooks were in, so you could think of a knee to the body as well. You obviously risk losing control, but forcing your opponent to think about and defend strikes is well worth it.

But Rosa got the tap, he didn't need GNP

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Im at work and cant have sound, whats Aldo talking about? Murdering a leprechaun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I hope next time we talk about Conor pandering or whatever everyone remembers Rosa nicknamed himself Boston Strong and is trying to make #bostonstrong his thing

• Locked thread