Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
This morning, our male bearded dragon tried to eat the female's tail :cripes: And not just once, we had to separate them and give the male a bunch of worms to eat. Problem is, they spend half of the day completely unattended and I'm afraid it could happen again, and he could seriously hurt her :ohdear: (he's like three times her size). Anyone else had something like this happen? I still can't fully believe it actually happened

VVV e: We were trying to breed them, but either the male is a hopeless virgoon (he mounts her, bites her behind the head and then... nothing) or the size difference makes mating physically impossible. I'll tell my girlfriend about separating them, but it's her call anyway, she's their caretaker

hackbunny fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
e: ^^^^ girlfriend likes to play god, so it will be its own reward. Her intention is to sell, but knowing her, I can't rule out she'll eat them if it doesn't pan out

e2: kidding aside, seems her backup plan is to barter the young with pet shops in exchange for pet food, sand, etc.

Nevermind, he nibbled on her tail again :cripes: She's moving in the other half of the terrarium, but we'll have to make room for the corn snake somewhere else. This is... unfortunate

hackbunny fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 26, 2015

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Hood Ornament posted:

Breeding for no/dumb reasons aside, why are you trying to breed a pair of dragons if the female is a third of the size of the male...?

Less than a third actually. Bluto (♂) is ~300 grams, Olive (♀) is ~90 grams, I forget the exact weights but that gives you an idea. I disclaim any responsibility, my girlfriend takes care of them, and breeding to sell was her idea. For what it's worth, she says she's done the barter thing before, with goldfish. Me, I just enjoy the comedy value of a completely mismatched couple, like when he walks around with her resting on his back (at least, I used to enjoy it until he tried to eat her)

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Hood Ornament posted:

Also 90g sweet lord. Female beardies shouldn't really be bred until they're about 2 years old and fully grown.

Silver Nitrate posted:

Also please stop trying to breed those beardies, your female is too small and could die.

OK, I'll pass it along