Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

Hood Ornament posted:

I buy from them too - cheaper and nicer than RodentPro, in my experience.

Except for the fiasco that was my order over Christmas holiday, I generally would recommend them. I feel their quality is very high and Chris is nice. I've been using them for 10 years, but on several occasions they have told me they were shipping something, and then didn't ship it until 1-2 weeks later and no one contacted me to let me know. This last issue happened when I was out of town for the holiday and my pet sitter was anxiously waiting for the food to arrive in the mail because I was getting lower and lower and eventually I ran out and she had to go to a local pet store and buy rats (costing almost $100) just to last to the end of my vacation. Big Cheese apologized and admitted someone should have contacted me, but the fact is they didn't and it's happened with them at least three or four times.

This recent order from them arrived THREE WEEKS after I ordered it. Not acceptable without an update to the customer. I am not using them again and will have to find another supplier. At this time I'm leaning towards using http://www.laynelabs.com/

I warn people away from Rodent Pro - if you are buying rats of size medium or smaller, or mice, they are probably fine, but all of the large or bigger rats I've purchased from them have high fat content and consistently appeared very unhealthy on the inside. (outside looked fine) They have also sold me rats that were OBVIOUSLY Zucker Fatty rats (lab designed "obese" rats for obesity testing) and then vehemently denied doing so over the phone. Very unprofessional and disgusting quality rats in larger sizes. Really gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

HEY VAPER posted:

Here's another good one: she hasn't shedded one of her eye caps, should I worry or do anything about it, or just try to do a better job than her previous owner with managing humidity and hope it solves itself the next shed cycle?

My snake had this happen and my vet suggested (or was it my snake-lady friend...) anyway the recommendation is to get some towels and soak in warm water and put them in a tub or other place you can contain her and then put her in those with the towels over/around her loosely. Her movement through the towels and the extra humidity will likely get the eye cap to fall off.

It worked for my snake even though she refused to do more than get on top of the towels and then flatten them. Good luck!!