Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PK
Apr 30, 2004

EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE! EXFOLIATE!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

You can build one for less than $100. I just did. There are plans all over the internet and someone posted a really good guide in the last thread but now I don't know where that is.

This one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Nah, it's like a bag with little chopped up bits in it. Looks like chopped up carrots and green beans. It's this stuff:
http://www.petsmart.com/reptile/food/all-living-things-dried-reptile-food-mix-zid36-21544/cat-36-catid-500004

Can you try giving her real, fresh salad? No lettuce (too much water) but dandelion greens, arugula, and squash are good staples. Berries are like lizard crack, you can give her a couple raspberries as a treat.

As for her tank, I would suggest another hide so that you have hides on both the warm and cool sides.

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

I can try that.

I tried feeding her the veggie mix, as well as some chopped up pineapple and grapes. (I checked to make sure they could eat them.) The only thing she actually tried to eat was the pineapple, and even then she had a little difficulty as she tried grabbing it with her tongue like she would a bug and it usually just slipped out. She ate a piece or two and gave up. I had to hand feed her the pineapple and when I tried it with the grapes she was like "lol nope."

The school would feed her like 7 crickets a day, and I'm told she's about 3 or 4 and she's way too old to be eating like that. From what I've heard, is that it can sometimes be a pain getting them to eat their veggies. Just like children.

I also have a few superworms, but I know not to feed her too many of these as they're fatty and more of a treat than anything else. She likes them though, of course.

I also think her water bowl (which is more of a pool) might be a little too big. Beardies don't really swim AFAIK, I haven't seen her in it, and her tank seems to be too humid according to my thermometer. Of course granted, I also live in a pretty humid place.

She also seems to have calmed down a lot and is no longer glass surfing, which is good.

Try sprinkling some basil or mint on the salad to grab her interest. If you want to take out the water dish you could supplement with weekly baths.

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Quezacotl posted:

So a while ago I posted in this thread about maybe getting a bearded dragon. In early May I went and did just that. Heres a picture of him in early May when I first got him.

And here's a picture of him today.

Looks like his pancake tummy is growing nicely

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

The beardie I'm taking care of for my mom's school hasn't pooped in like a week and has been staying in her hide most of the time and I'm getting concerned now. :(

She might just be a bit stressed from moving. If she doesn't poop soon you could try giving her a bath. Riker hates baths and always poops in his to escape.

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Update: I gave her a bath Tuesday and she's been pooping the past couple days. I've had her in my apartment for about 2 months now and she got over the initial move stress in about a week.

However, for the past few days she's been acting very lethargic and not super alert. She doesn't get handled much as school and doesn't like it. I took her out today and she didn't even try to fight me and run off. She also wasn't very interested in superworms or crickets today, and that has me a little worried.

I'm gonna have this lizard for about 2-3 more weeks before school starts. I really hope to God she doesn't die between then and now. Maybe I worry too much, I dunno. :(

She might be starting to brumate (hibernation for reptiles)? Riker, my beardie, started brumating at the end of Sept last year and napped until January.

PK
Apr 30, 2004

PezMaster posted:

Pictures of my very first reptile show in Abbotsford, BC - it's the first of it's kind in the area and will probably grow in the next couple years. This year was pretty small, though.

A super placid Leach's (he's a breeder who's paired with a lovely girl with pink spots)

Goddamn leachies have the most ridiculous faces. :kimchi:

PK
Apr 30, 2004

PezMaster posted:

Nacho Cheese says Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! :canada:

(pie is made out of Pangea, pumpkin, papaya, calcium plus, and a bit of non-fat/non-gelatin/non-flavoured/no sugar yogurt)

This is so adorable :kimchi:

PK
Apr 30, 2004

A Scary Little Dog posted:

Does anyone else have a critter that greets them in the morning?

I mean, I know he's not really greeting me, he's probably just seeing the light come on and "hearing" me stomp around angrily at 6:30am to get ready for work. But without fail my hognose will slither his front half out of his hide and right up to the side of his tub to observe things, always sometime between when I get a shower and when I leave. He'll sometimes do this when I get home, but not always.

I doubt it means anything but it's adorable as poo poo. :colbert:

My tree frogs like to stare at me at night. Usually around 7-8pm they'll come to the front of their tank and watch Human TV®.

PK
Apr 30, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

can dumpy frogs and crested gecko live together if they are the same size? i have read mixed opinions but some say they can as long as they are the same size. my gf says they can and i think she is getting me one for our anniversary.

I wouldn't do it. Dumpies are loving pigs and Mr gecko will be a snack in no time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PK
Apr 30, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I've been looking at getting a whites tree frog. I was wondering how loud/often they croak... Is it enough to frequently wake someone up in the night? My other concern was having to keep crickets as their food, are there good substitutes for their diet?

Mine tend to croak more when it's about to rain and tend to croak as a response, not a routine. It can get loud but they've never woken me up. I feed mine a variety of bugs: crickets (hate these - they escape and hide and chirp), silk worms, super worms, horn worms. Remember to dust their crickets in calcium powder every so often and check out Sticky Frogs