Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I think this is a good time for me to thank Leperflesh and Cthulhuite for their advice on building a bearded dragon house. It took me a while, and it still needs some work, but I no longer have a 2ft lizard in a 20gal tank (the way he was given to me). The new setup is 4x2x2 with a melamine frame, sliding front doors, and proper UVB lighting. He's a lot more energetic now and can run around and hide, which he had never been able to do before.

Next I want to put in some tile flooring and a wider variety of more attractive things for him to climb on.

Here he is chilling on his scrap disc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

OneTwentySix posted:

Overlap in interest. People that keep herps tend to keep inverts and vice versa, and lots of people keep inverts as feeders.

Have ants.

Can confirm.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

You can build one for less than $100. I just did. There are plans all over the internet and someone posted a really good guide in the last thread but now I don't know where that is.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I yell at you incoherently.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My bearded dragon shows a lot of emotion. He's very grumpy.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I think it wants to eat the anole.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Bearded dragons are fun. Mine is a jerk but he's still cool.

How big of an enclosure are you willing to get? Bearded dragons can grow to be about 2 feet long and need large tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Who is gaining something from the regulating of these snakes? I think the Lacey Act is pretty interesting so I'm trying to better understand the background of the amendment.