Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

Watching Chuck's face during all of the completely insane poo poo Teddy Hart is saying is the highlight of that video for sure.

Rob Naylor said Chuck seemed dead set against the idea of interviewing him and Trent was legit terrified of Teddy. Worth rewatching the video to see how on edge everyone in the room is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

rovert posted:

Rob Naylor said Chuck seemed dead set against the idea of interviewing him and Trent was legit terrified of Teddy. Worth rewatching the video to see how on edge everyone in the room is.

And of course: https://twitter.com/Connox94/status/563486383583817728

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Grozz Nuy posted:

Watching Chuck's face during all of the completely insane poo poo Teddy Hart is saying is the highlight of that video for sure.

Watch JT Dunn open his mouth in stunned silence when Teddy Hart says that he's gonna shoot himself in front of that cop.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I still eagerly await the day that Jubs finally finds The Trials and Tribulations of Teddy Hart, the self-produced three hour documentary where he narrates half of the movie via a phone recording

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Bard Maddox posted:

I still eagerly await the day that Jubs finally finds The Trials and Tribulations of Teddy Hart, the self-produced three hour documentary where he narrates half of the movie via a phone recording

Love that the cover of the book actually includes the word 'Triumphs'. Like what the gently caress has Teddy Hart actually achieved in his life that would be considered a triumph? Unless you count 'not getting killed by all the people you pissed off' and 'not being in solitary confinement' triumphs.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Does anyone have any insight on the NWA Women's title change last night? Santana beat Barbi Haydn out of nowhere in Florida. An interestingly paranoid Bruce Tharpe is playing it off as a local DOUBLE CROSS. Had some of it explained to me but I am SO confused. NWA being NWA.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't know a whole lot but Hayden is a texas-based wrestler, and nearly all of her defenses were at NWA events in Texas.

Bruce Tharpe is based out of Texas and since he's the owner of NWA(?), I assume he has the final say in title changes.

Guessing:

He wasn't clued in on the title change?
Lexi Fyfe was there so she made the call?
What does this signify for SHINE?

but there's this:
https://twitter.com/rbtharpe/status/564550056997437440

so I dunno man. Its NWA.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Lexie has some pretty kooky moments, but I don't think she'd engineer that kind of thing. Too many of the SHINE girls like working Inspire Pro and Barbi's normal territory, I don't think that was a power move.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Inspire was supposed to have Barbi vs Leva Bates for the title on 2/15

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

In what will one day be a PSP-TV classic, Grado is facing Seleziya Sparx here in a couple weeks.

http://www.pwponderings.com/2015/02/06/superkickd-live-grado-does-canada-feb-21st-2015-in-toronto/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

LobsterMobster posted:

Inspire was supposed to have Barbi vs Leva Bates for the title on 2/15

It sure was. Yell at me if you want but I wish I could go into fuller detail but I don't know who or what I'd hurt by saying it.

But the story is Inspire didn't go along with one of Tharpe's (self interested) plans. Seemingly Tharpe did the title change to smite Inspire Pro who were the supposed bookers of NWA Women's title. So Bruce broke that agreement the NWA had with Inspire.

The other thing I heard that I am less sure about is that Amber O'Neal was promised the title next. She was going to win it on the 21st of this month I think.

flashy_mcflash posted:

In what will one day be a PSP-TV classic, Grado is facing Seleziya Sparx here in a couple weeks.

http://www.pwponderings.com/2015/02/06/superkickd-live-grado-does-canada-feb-21st-2015-in-toronto/

2013 the match. I would SO buy the iPPV for the match. Also would love to be a fly on the wall when the two putting it together. Imagining Sparx flipping out at not understanding a word Grado says.

rovert fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 9, 2015

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Hero/Dunn vs. David Starr/Eddie Kingston announced for Beyond on 3/1.

Not super excited for that.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Hero/Dunn vs. David Starr/Eddie Kingston announced for Beyond on 3/1.

Not super excited for that.

Why would the regular tag team be split onto opposite sides of the match? Why wouldn't it just be Hero/Kingston vs. Juicy Product?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Why would the regular tag team be split onto opposite sides of the match? Why wouldn't it just be Hero/Kingston vs. Juicy Product?

They're technically split in Beyond after TFT3. Starr was feuding with Kimberlee and Dunn started teaming with Hero in the last couple months.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

rovert posted:

An interestingly paranoid Bruce Tharpe is playing it off as a local DOUBLE CROSS.

Didn't Tharpe recently split with one of his business partners?

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Al Jazeera America did a short piece on Hoodslam: http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/2/9/video-underground-wrestling-is-extreme-and-unreal.html

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

So I know there are a few people from Toronto around here. Have any of you been to Smash? Apparently a bunch of their upcoming shows are going to be about 5 minutes from my place and I'm thinking of going. I don't know too much about them, but it looks like they get some pretty good talent. Hero/Ciampa should be pretty brutal.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

MagicCube posted:

So I know there are a few people from Toronto around here. Have any of you been to Smash? Apparently a bunch of their upcoming shows are going to be about 5 minutes from my place and I'm thinking of going. I don't know too much about them, but it looks like they get some pretty good talent. Hero/Ciampa should be pretty brutal.

I've never seen any Smash but Bard says good things about their shows a lot and I've seen several wrestlers (like Hero) speak highly of their experiences in the fed on social media. I'd say go for it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

this is great, thanks for sharing. hoodslam is loving sick and i need a mod to rename me Drugz Bunny asap

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i may not be going to wrestlemania but holy gently caress i'm going to whatever hoodslam is doing that weekend

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

i may not be going to wrestlemania but holy gently caress i'm going to whatever hoodslam is doing that weekend

Go to the EVOLVE show on Saturday, it's got Generation Next vs. Uhaa and Ricochet. I dunno what the rest of the card is going to be but with that main event who gives a gently caress.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

MagicCube posted:

they put on really good shows and they pull in a lot of outside talent to put on great matches. if I was closer to Toronto I would love to go

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Beau James may be the worst wrestler in the world

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Prob. gonna go to this next AAW show:

AAW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Eddie Kingston vs Davey Richards

Ricochet vs. Josh Alexander

TLC Match
Zero Gravity vs The Hooligans

Jimmy Jacobs vs Ethan Page

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's funny how TNA actually seems to be more lenient on indie dates than ROH is right now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Underrated PWG match: Willie Mack and Brandon Gatson vs the Young Bucks from DDT 2011. Bucks do a great job of doing the whole "Underestimating the put together tag team" shtick, and Gatson and Mack bust out some pretty double teams (including a Hart Attack variation where Mack does a standing Buff Blockbuster instead of a clothesline).

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Huge match booked for Alpha 1 in Ontario!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh my god yes

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Yeah I must see this.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Zack's Back

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
PWG just announced a show for April 3rd, featuring the return of one Zack Sabre Motherfucking Junior.

Eat poo poo oatgan

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

@OfficialPWG posted:

Zack Sabre, Jr. will be making his return to PWG on Friday, April 3rd!

thank you god

e; beaten but who cares ZACK SABRE JR IS BACK

e e; also i've finally watched black cole sun and its pretty drat good. watch PWG.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

pwg actually added him to their roster page a couple weeks ago so i suspected he'd return soon but this is fantastic news

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I love Zack Sabre Jr so much

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Bard Maddox posted:

I love Zack Sabre Jr so much

He's the best, and I'm gonna see him in April while the rest of you dorks have to wait until BOLA, if he's even there

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hope they do ASW 11

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Joey McChrist posted:

e e; also i've finally watched black cole sun and its pretty drat good. watch PWG.

Watching the show right now and is it that blue shirt guy that Roddy kicks at while he dissasembles the ring? I don't know why but I noticed him during the Strong-Kyle match for some reason.

O'Reilly's an animal. How do you build the endurance to wrestler for that long a time?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Watching the show right now and is it that blue shirt guy that Roddy kicks at while he dissasembles the ring? I don't know why but I noticed him during the Strong-Kyle match for some reason.

yes

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Yeah that one guy tried to interfere with Roddy taking the ring apart, which is why a bunch of people started booing after Roddy kicked at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i sat next to that guy at bola i hate him

• Locked thread