Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

SFH1989 posted:

I did not know FWD Indy cars existed, I learned something today.

Not falling for this troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Kilonum posted:

I have to hand it to 7 in Australia, they avoided using the same logo EVERY loving CHANNEL 7 IN THE US uses

Every single ABC-owned station used the Circle 7. Everyone else copied it.
THE MORE YOU KNOW

edit: Also 7 in Australia used to use it too :ssh:

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 7, 2015

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Shawn Langdon ran a 3.700 at the Winternationals. :stare: Top Fuel, man.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Feb 9, 2015

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FuzzySkinner posted:

I just saw Monster Jam advertise itself as the "Ultimate Endurance test" during a commercial.

Also apparently they race ATV's now at "Monster Jam".

They've always had other stuff at Monster Jam, used to be little pickups ran as well.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I think they call it endurance because they use the same truck for different things. Racing, jumping, stunt show, etc.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

So the NHRA sent letters to NHRA members who appear on Street Outlaws informing them that if they continue to promote street racing the NHRA will pull their licenses.

lol

I have no idea what Street Outlaws is but if it's some stupid street racing reality show then they should've skipped threats and just took their licenses. Then again if they're street racers they probably don't even have them.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

the funny part is S.O. gets higher ratings than the NHRA lol

I'm sure it does.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I mean if you wanna drag race your civic down a gravel road that's what IHRA is for.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Street Outlaws is a typical terrible scripted reality show. They came to my town to shoot last spring and the police closed off the whole area with fire and EMS waiting nearby should an accident occur. It's funny how people think that they are actually illegally street racing. The whole outrage by their fans is hilarious.

Hey longtime drag racing guys, why is Nitro bike not at national NHRA events like pro-stock bike? I did not know that a nitro motorcycle was a thing until somewhat recently and it is crazy to watch. Are there just not enough of the things? They look outrageously dangerous and the drivers are basically wearing suits of armor. I cannot imagine having a nitromethane engine strapped to my chest. :getin:

edit - Just looked and apparently Top Fuel Harley is an actual class at a lot of the national events. Why the hell would that not be televised?

Pro Stock Bike isn't even really National anymore, it only runs like half the schedule. I'd imagine Nitro Bikes have the same problem, not enough entries.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Doesn't affect TUSC or the 24 Hours of Le Mans, idgaf. Let them run nothing but spec cars in Asia and Europe.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

BMB5150 posted:

Yes and its the same thing they proposed for that.

For tusc it could affect it and 24 hours of me mans yes it'll be affected .

The constructor limit would but not the spec engine poo poo.

quote:

IMSA would reportedly still allow multiple engine manufacturers in the Prototype class of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, although cars not fitted with the spec powerplant would only be allowed to compete overseas at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

If you have the most up to date version of livestreamer this link will work with it:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pirelli-world-challenge

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Put the wing on backwards would be my guess.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

To divert the thread to Drag Racing real quick: I was messing around on the NHRA website and apparently there's a sportsman category called "Pro Stock Snowmobile" :psyduck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGdZJmHl2ko

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

So X Games are going right now. They're not doing Rallycross this year, instead they're gonna have Robby Gordon's Stadium Super Trucks on Sunday afternoon on ESPN3.

edit: they had Flat Track on Thursday but it looked pretty terrible.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

The Continental Series is running and it's pretty wet.

There's a stream at
http://www.imsa.com/camera/imsatv
don't know if it will be there for the TUSC race tomorrow.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 27, 2015

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

drgitlin posted:

It is dry here this morning at the Glen, and while it may rain, it isn't predicted to be anything like yesterday. race on!

About that. (race currently under caution due to rain)

edit: now it's red.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 28, 2015

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Pro Stock has the same problem NASCAR has. There are real live badass cars coming from Detroit (and japan) and they're running Ford Taurus and Toyota Camry.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Uncle Jam posted:

Too bad, Carolina Crusher was the best truck.

This guy knows. Alliteration > Everything.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

i.e. quarter mile time is one of the first questions asked in regards to performance

Which makes it even funnier they ditched the Quarter Mile for the Thousand Feet.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

They're just names, it really doesn't matter. Why is Cup considered better than Grand National?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

NHRA just announced the new Pro Stock changes. EFI, spec rev limiters, no more hood scoops, shortened wheelie bars, and the cars engine must be visible in the pit area, no more than 10 feet from the pit ropes. That last change is particularly hilarious because when I attended my first NHRA race last year the top PS teams ran their pits like a miniature Area 51.

"Man, Pro Stock is lagging behind the other classes in driver deaths, how do we fix this?"--nhra

edit: wait rev limiters?????????????????

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

ISC owning it is better than it going the way of Riverside in the next 5 years.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

The National Association of Sports Car Auto Racing or NASCAR for short.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

:ohdear: but what if one of them gets upside down

Thankfully they race in water so as long as they're not holding one in cleveland they're safe from a fire risk.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

the_worm_ posted:

Spencer Massey fired from DSR again. I can't wait to hear why.

From Schumacher:
“He violated a DSR policy and would not correct the violation. I feel badly for members of the team because they will not be able to compete for a world championship or next weekend’s Traxxas Shootout title.”

????

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

:wow:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

the_worm_ posted:

NHRA needs more factory car coverage. Roy Hill yesterday at the US Nationals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWPmwb2L0ko

You know, I don't actually know the rule if one car redlights and the other crosses the line, who's marked as winner?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Prototypes take the lead back.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I love that there's already a conspiracy theory that IMSA called it early so a GT would win because.......?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Possibly Chicken posted:

PORSCHE PAID THEM OFF!!!!

quote:

They won this particular race because it was the best finish for Tudors image. They were fast all day, but this was a PR stunt and nothing more. The series had easily a handful of legit opportunities to call it, they even had an hour long red flag, but they threw the checkered out of nowhere.

quote:

There was more than enough time and a break in the weather to finish. There was no real legit reason to call it now because they had a ton of chances earlier and didn’t. Fortunately for them it was a perfect chance to have a fair my tale story of a GT winning overall...

quote:

The race being called was a completely surprise to literally everyone. None of the teams knew, TV and radio didn’t know and the fans didn’t know. It was about 30 seconds of “what?! They called it” after it was broadcast over the PA. They called it because they’ve been sucking Porsches dick all season and to have a GT car win overall. This was such a goddamn joke, they had so many opportunities to call it earlier and even had an hour long red flag but did it at the most opportune time to improve their image. This was a publicity stunt and nothing more. I drove here from drat near Miami and took a day off work to get here and this bullshit might cause it to be my last. The manipulation of this series is such utter bullshit and amazingly they don’t seem to recognize that it’s so drat obvious. What a joke.

all the same guy

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Why that bastion of good thinking: gawker (jalopnik to be specific)

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

jacteh posted:

Mostert just had one of the biggest crashes I've seen in quite a while at Bathurst.

Apparently broke his leg and wrist. Took out a flag marshall post. No more on track activity today.

It's pretty ugly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0mdAkSpzJc

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

LOL @ the 4-Wide being on tape delay.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Hey check out what we can do now:
https://fat.gfycat.com/IncompletePleasedIndianrhinoceros.webm

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Misc Auto Racing 2016: RIP John Force (He ain't dead he just needs a vacation)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Prototype pole is around the same as the GTD one.

also

• Locked thread