Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is there anywhere to get the one hour highlight shows of BTCC either on TV in the US or on the internet? I miss that lovable series on my TV in the winter. :(

Also, is there a list of teams eligible for the championship in TUSC (or whatever they called it last year)? There was some list posted in a PDF showing who the full-time entries were and listing the "alternates". The GAINSCO guys pissed me off, but they were a good entry which doesn't look like it's coming back anytime soon. Plus, their rivalry with Ganassi never really exploded in earnest. :(

Racing is full of downers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

There are only two BTCC videos on ITV's site and they look like interviews.

Dudley posted:

I believe the new TCR series is going there.

If there isn't let me know and I'll try and organise something.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have time to sit through all three races full-length, which is why I was looking for the one-hour condensed shows from ITV. I've found 10 minute videos which will have to do.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Go Wayne Taylor Racing or the Kanaan/Dixon/McMurray/Larson Express because even though gently caress Ganassi in TUSC and Dixon is boring, the other three guys rule.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 24, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Somebody's getting fired at Wayne Taylor Racing. Holy poo poo, they blew that.

E- Seriously, how do you not keep track of the time? You have a golden opportunity on that final restart gift-wrapped and it's lost because somebody didn't math gud. Manage it better or get a fourth loving driver next year.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 25, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jesus, what a colossal screwup by one of the better teams in P. It's mindblowing that they let that happen.

As I said:

CBJSprague24 posted:

Somebody's getting fired at Wayne Taylor Racing. Holy poo poo, they blew that.

E- Seriously, how do you not keep track of the time? You have a golden opportunity on that final restart gift-wrapped and it's lost because somebody didn't math gud. Manage it better or get a fourth loving driver next year.

I hear Jeff Gordon might be looking for a ride for the Rolex next year...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'd like to see the time breakdowns for each of Ricky, Jordan, and Max Angelelli. I didn't pay attention in the overnight hours and could be wrong, but it seems like they were leaning awfully hard on Jordan and Max the most. Plus, only three drivers reduces the flexibility, though Action Express won with three drivers last year, so :lol:.

WTR used to go with four drivers for the 24, but has done three for the last few years (Wayne only did one stint last year). Looking back:

2005- Wayne Taylor/Max Angelelli/Emmanuel Collard (Overall Win)
2006- Wayne/Max/Ryan Briscoe/Collard
2007- Wayne/Max/Jeff Gordon/Jan Magnussen
2008- Wayne/Max/Ricky Taylor/Michael Valiante
2009- Wayne/Max/Brian Frisselle/Pedro Lamy
2010- Wayne/Ricky/Max/Lamy
2011- Wayne/Ricky/Max/Briscoe
2012- Ricky/Max/Briscoe
2013- Jordan/Max/Ryan Hunter-Reay
2014- Jordan/Wayne (one stint only)/Ricky/Max
2015- Jordan/Ricky/Max

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Global Prototype will make its TUSC debut in 2017 in the Prototype class:

http://www.imsa.com/articles/plans-taking-shape-new-prototype-debut-2017-tudor-championship

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

did some channel flipping and landed on CBSSN.

they're replaying BTCC from Brands Hatch and wow it's incredible!

edit: This is loving awesome. It's like every thing that could potentially be fun about auto racing all rolled into one package.

It's on now. I was lucky to find it. Get the gently caress in.

How I've missed you, BTCC. :getin:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

There's a driver named Jack Goff. The first time I heard his name, I had to look up to make sure I was hearing things right.

Every time they say it, I can't help but laugh. God damnit.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BTCC airing now in the US on CBSSN. Chat in #nascar in SynIRC.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Xisticide posted:

Nice little dig at the end.

2 cars in WEC, 2 in TUSC both run by Ganassi.

Is this in addition to the prototypes Ganassi runs in TUSC, or is that over?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

FOX Sports announced today that they'll be covering Formula E through 2019-20. London Race 1 starting now.

I'm going to watch it in #ics.

orange juche posted:

Sahlen's 6 hours of the glen is this weekend. Anyone watching it?

Hell yes.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'll be in #nascar for parts of the Six and for Formula E.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That Formula E finish. :suspense:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tudor from Mosport is live on FS1 and IMSA.com.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Lime Rock next round. :getin:

e- Jesus Christ, this got interesting quickly. The 31's fueler not getting the probe connected cleanly took this from Ho Hum to Holy poo poo.

e2- :suspense:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 12, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Sources are reporting that LeBron James has, in fact, gone to the bathroom. It is unclear as to whether or not he washed his hands, as his hands were dry leaving the restroom. EMBRACE DEBATE.

...on a more serious note, the motorsports showdown between NBC and FOX is interesting to watch:
-FOX- NASCAR (Cup, Xfinity, all Trucks), ARCA, Tudor (& its sub-series), NHRA, Superbikes, Motocross
-NBC- NASCAR (Cup, Xfinity, K&N E/W, Mods), IndyCar (Indy Lights), F1 (do they still have SST?)

CBSSN has its fair share of racing, too, with BTCC, V8 Supercars, some Lucas Oil and WoO, Bikes, ARCA, DTM, etc.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Good for the NHRA. I've never really been a fan of drag racing but have felt for everybody involved who's had to deal with tape-delayed shows which run at 3AM while the College Softball World Series and whatever other random horseshit airs live. I get that it's a niche sport, but it's seemingly been a long-suffering third-class citizen on The Worldwide Leader.

How many NHRA events are/have in the last few years been shown live on any ESPN network?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

The thing is it's not a niche sport, drag racing is probably the most popular form of auto racing in the US by a long shot, to the point that auto manufacturers have included virtual timing lights and launch control into production vehicles.

I don't disagree. To the automotive world and fans, it may not be niche. The problem was, to ESPN, who stuck it on at 3am in deference to repeated SportsCenters, it was.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

TUSC's Jordan Taylor just bought a house. To celebrate, he had teammate Max Angelelli's kids over for a Nerf gun war and almost broke a speaker and his ankle in the process.

Oh, and he filmed the whole thing on Periscope:

https://instagram.com/p/50rdlXFSaw/

(e- Jesus Christ, he has a first-person view :allears: https://instagram.com/p/50xH_AlSUt/)

...which one of you is Jordan Taylor? He HAS to be a Goon.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 1, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I still call it Rolex.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tudor live now on FS1. Chat in #ics on Synirc.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Skipped over the thread because I know Knock Hill has been run and I've just seen Snetterton in the US.

:gizz: JACK GOFF HAS REACHED THE CLIMAX OF HIS CAREER AND COME INTO HIS OWN BY BLOWING INTO THE WINNER'S CIRCLE! :gizz:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tudor from COTA on FS2. I hate its Laguna Seca-ripoff frontstretch.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"Gogogogogo...Go...GOGOGOGO...Come on, John...GOGOGO...Go go..." with a close-up of the "#BadAssWilson" tail on the 60 may be one of the more useless things I've seen in a race broadcast.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This could really be posted in the NASCAR or IndyCar threads as well, but:

quote:

Max Papis ‏@maxpapis 1h1 hour ago
Planning to start a NEW career in Dirt with @WorldofOutlaws I LOVE 410 cars

I hope he's serious. Do it, Mad Max. :getin:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bathurst is airing on CBSSN now.

Scott Pruett has left Ganassi for what I guess is a Lexus factory team.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Didn't realize FE had started. Watching the race (in CyTube if anybody else wants in) and as soon as I saw Jacks was in the field, I figured he'd be involved in something. Sure enough.

And do they have electronic speed regulators on those cars like the electric go-karts which allows them to maintain the gaps under full course cautions? It'd be fun to see them bunch them up on a restart.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

In case you missed it, NHRA goes to FOX next season. Here's the schedule for those interested. Most final events are live on FS1, with 4 on FOX. Many events will be aired in tandem with Cup or Xfinity races:

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/2016-nhra-tv-schedule-fox-sports-111715

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The IMSA Facebook page had a fun activity today- you get to field a Rolex 24 team in any class and any active car you want with any drivers you want. Who would it be?

Corvette (Prototype, because I'm going for the overall win):
-Jordan Taylor
-Jeff Gordon
-Tony Kanaan
-Max Angelelli

If I went with five drivers, add Tony Stewart.

...alternately, Team Probably Unemployed To My Knowledge in the same car:
-Max Papis
-Boris Said
-Ron Fellows
-Robby Gordon

Pick 3-5 drivers since that's a typical 24 team if you want to play along.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

God drat, Ganassi really DID ragequit P in IMSA, didn't they? Two Ford GTs in GTLM with completely new drivers and Pruett's going to GTD via Action Express for one last Prototype hurrah in the 24.

...I'm just now picking up on this and didn't think to look until today.

Also, only three former Rolex DP teams appear to be left: Action Express (which was Brumos), Spirit of Daytona (which I remember for several years being a backmarker until they really put it together and became competitive) and Wayne Taylor Racing. Shank switched body styles, but they were a DP team, too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ganassi will, in fact, run two DPs in the 24:

#01 (Team Who The gently caress?)- Lance Stroll, Alex Wurz, Andy Priaulx, Brendon Hartley
#02 (Team Actual Drivers)- Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan, Kyle Larson, Jamie McMurray

I know Priaulx runs BTCC. Know Hartley's name but I can't remember where from.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

You Am I posted:

I guess this is post of the year for this thread for utter clueless-ness?

Admittedly, it is, and it all rides on racing exposure. The majority of racing I watch is North American. I only briefly watched F1 with regularity 13 years ago before I got tired of one driver winning every race, don't watch/have never seen WEC/WTCC/DTM/F3, and the only BTCC exposure I get comes in the form of condensed, one-hour highlight shows 10 days tape-delayed.

On face value alone, I'm much more familiar with the car with the Indy 500 and Daytona 500 wins, IndyCar titles, and highly-touted NASCAR prospect on board. Reading about Wurz and knowing a bit about Priaulx (made a brief stop in BTCC the first time around before going on to bigger and better and then winding up in BTCC with BMW again), combined with Hartley's experience in the car, makes it much more intriguing.

e- I knew I knew Hartley- he ran a DP for Starworks in Rolex, and seeing his results made him familiar.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 1, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

IMSA is taking control of their race broadcasts and has gutted FOX's broadcast team. Bob Varsha, Justin Bell, and Jamie Howe are all gone. The on-air team following Daytona (which will have extra people for obvious reasons) will be Greg Creamer and Calvin Fish in the booth, with Brian Till on pit road.

Broadcasts may also be done remotely starting at Sebring, with only Till actually in person.

http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/124910-pruett-big-changes-ahead-for-imsa-tv?showall

What did Bob Varsha do in a previous life to not be allowed to leave for F1, not be able to moonlight on Barrett-Jackson, and now to be told he's been canned from IMSA?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bob Dillner will cover Monster Jam for FS1 this season. I don't watch, but somebody night.

I don't know if Ken Stout or Greg Creamer were doing it before (they sound alike and both suck), but it's interesting to see Dillner back at FOX after he was calling races on the internet last year.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Time-permitting, I MIGHT go to the Continental Tire race, but I don't know if I'd get to see the whole thing. I'm leaving Daytona that night.

e- WTR has only three drivers again. Here's hoping they manage the driving time better. :ohdear:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Stream: http://www.imsa.com/camera/imsatv

Yeah, it started pouring about 30 minutes ago here. Cloud ceilings are so low that the tops of the scoring pylons aren't visible.

• Locked thread