Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ellspurs posted:

No WTCC at Macau? That's disappointing.

I believe the new TCR series is going there.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is there anywhere to get the one hour highlight shows of BTCC either on TV in the US or on the internet? I miss that lovable series on my TV in the winter. :(

If there isn't let me know and I'll try and organise something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

"It's never a good day when part of the car does a different laptime to you"

Brilliant.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

They appear to be down on the straights.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have time to sit through all three races full-length, which is why I was looking for the one-hour condensed shows from ITV. I've found 10 minute videos which will have to do.

Good news, CBS will be showing 1 hour highlights packages 10 days after the rounds this year.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

And somewhere back there is a Gemini Wagon and an actual Toyota Yaris.

I love fields like this.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

If they can get 70 entries they can call it what they like as far as I'm concerned.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

gret posted:

The BTCC season is saved! Team BMR have signed not just Colin Tarkington but also Jason Plato to race VW CCs next season.

http://www.teambmr.co.uk/btcc/4588378384

I'm not sure the Passats are quite there yet but that's one hell of a driver line up. Aron Smith's about to find out how good he actually is.

Brave of Plato too actually, he's not had a really top line teammate since a rookie Robb Huff a decade ago and before that probably Muller and Thompson in 2001.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Pablo Bluth posted:

So the interesting seats left are:

The second Eurotech Honda seat - they were champions two years ago yet so far only have Jeff Smith confirmed who'll spend the year trundling around midfield. Not quite sure what the deal is with the Pirtek sponsorship, hopefully they won't just have to sell the seat to the highest bidder.

The second seat at 888 to partner Jordan. Tesco are in a spot of financial bother at the moment so I suspect they won't be putting in much money this year, I predict Jordan will be their focus and the second seat will be somebody who brings in money.

Motorbase. Ran three Ford Focus last year. Only confirmation is Alex Martin (Ferrari Challenge in 2014). I'd imagine Matt Jackson will be back unless money is an issue. Giovanardi had a weak return year so I'd favour Menu who showed more patches of speed.

Tesco are Plato's personal sponsor. Pirtek are Jordan's personal sponsor. Both will go where they go.

Hynes could well continue at 888 I guess.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The Tesco thing is massively overstated, they still make billions and right now is when they need PR. The 2 car MG thing probably barely cost them a million.

Whether they're sticking with Plato I don't know but the point is they certainly won't be sticking with 888.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

For me and I imagine harperdc as well, the headline there is Heitkotter not Davison. Known him for worryingly close to 2 decades on other forums and lost many, many times to him at every sim you care to name back then.

That's quite a challenge he's got there.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's a little sad that despite Penske coming in, they've shrunk back to one car though.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

If you think it counts as a "Prototype". I'd debate P2 does even.

It's all rules driven of course. Who'd have taken a bet 10 years ago the DPs would be the prettiest things calling themselves prototypes?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Butt Wizard posted:

Finally got around to watching Race Two yesterday. How the gently caress was Whincup not penalised for creeping forward in his box.

There's no question mark there because we already all know the answer.

I'm glad someone else spotted that. Fuss about Scott jumping the start when he moved an hour and a half after Whincup.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

^^ What in the actual gently caress?

Butt Wizard posted:

Probably not a lot of point in posting about the Mostert stuff then. We all know what sort of year this is going to be.

I can't quite decide on that one tbh, although I did enjoy Rick Kelly confirming he's coasting for a pay day these days by basically saying you should never go for a move on the last lap.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah that really confused me.

If an official was there and timing and didn't stop them how the gently caress are the team supposed to know that didn't count.

The correct response there would be to allow it and remind the team and that official of the rule later.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

They're not rallies anymore. It's less than an F1 race distance over short stages in tiny cars and the one time someone proposes a decent length stage TV bitches.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

You Am I posted:

I wonder if Lowndes will stay on as a Holden driver in the second ranked T8 team which SVG is currently driving for, or whether he'll go to another manufacturer. I think it is too early for him to retire

T8 are going to run three. He's re-signed to be in one of them.

They're going to win literally everything aren't they. Hopefully some of the time it'll be SVG.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I do like the idea of having proper rallies but starting with shorter, spectator friendly stuff Friday evening/Saturday morning. It'd be the best of both worlds really.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah I have dim memories of a super special at Silverstone.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Well exactly. It doesn't even really need to be 2 up though, just stages short enough people can watch. Something that goes through a stadium and is run twice maybe.

Or something set out round something like Silverstone.

But it leaves you free to do the bat poo poo 35 mile runs through the woods later.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Superally rules.

Another piece of made for TV bullshit.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

That Lada is quick.

And might as well have a target painted on it apparently.

EDIT : Ok we're going to have about 4 cars starting race 2 at this point.

And 3 of them will be those works Citroens.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Pretty damning isn't it. Sheds some light on that back to back test they did.

Also how much loving money does ESM have if they can just suddenly go "Welp, let's purchase 2 entire new cars just to run for a couple of months".

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I think so, which of course would explain it.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

"I need more time to adjust to these cars and I'm going to do that by spending as little time in them as possible."

Did he really expect to be better than 12th after one round?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Cygni posted:

Ligier/Krohn/Judd on pole at Sebring... what bizarro world is this.

Isn't this mainly because for some reason Shank is insisting on running aero entirely unsuited to the circuit?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

Do people even go to malls anymore?

In other news Porsche is fielding three cars this year and looks fine as hell in red.

Only at LeMans. At the other rounds it'll be 2 cars both in white.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Basticle posted:

so uh a Nissan GT-R race car somehow went over a catchfence at the Ring and (probably ) injured some spectators

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/nissan-gt-r-reportedly-flips-into-spectator-area-at-nur-1694239772/+matthardigree

*edit* they just updated, 1 spectator pronounced dead :smith:

GT Academy graduate. That's a Gran Turismo smash right there.

EDIT : Wow that video, how the hell does that even happen in a normal car, nothing Jann could do there at all.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, there's a lot of different things that could be affected by this, including your whole list but also the GT Academy.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Butt Wizard posted:

Mardenborough is a legit racer in his own right now, this really has very little to do with the GT academy

Everyone who has come through the Academy is.

But if the public in any way tie it to "LOL Playstation" then that program goes away.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Quantrill posted:

it almost seems like you're supposed to sit behind that second catch fence

You are.

Idiots.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The BMW does suit the track over the longer wheelbase cars to a degree but it's still very impressive.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

There are times when the Ginettas are hands down the best racing series in the world.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Although Ash Sutton got screwed.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's a loving stupid idea to get a driver to do the drawing anyway.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Round 2 is this weekend!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Korwen posted:

He was in the series last year as well, but he was a bit of a back marker in an Audi I believe. The move to the MG team has given him a lot more prominence in the series, a trend I hope continues because I too laugh every time Jack Goff gets around someone in a corner.

Yeah, Goff joined with Team BMR but was stuck with one of their old Vauxhalls for 2013 and the first half of last year before they gave him one of the CCs.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Damned impressive pair of drives in Ginetta Jr by Sophia Floersch.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

HJB posted:

She also looked like an adult amongst children, which always helps.

That's the bit that's actually interesting to me. The Jr field can be.... wayward and at least today she's really, really not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

CactusWeasle posted:

Man, I cant wait to watch Lopez run away with the races

Watching the Yvan Muller "I used to be good" tour is starting to get sad.

• Locked thread