Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Triple A posted:

There's maybe two things for WRC to do before they become relevant again.

1. BRING BACK GROUP B WITH MODERN SAFETY STANDARDS

2. HOMOLOGATION FOR THE CARS

There are the only things WRC could do to save itself from certain death in disgrace.

WRC is beyond redemption at this point I'm afraid. Best to just pull the plug now and let it die on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

WindyMan posted:

Speak of the devil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd-GH-NIVGM

The trailer description says the movie is only 25 minutes though? I'll take it if it's a good 25 minutes, but still.

I hear the banquet scene at the end of this is pretty intense

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

It isn't like the cars weren't going almost that fast for a lot of years prior. Back in the early 1970s, the long-tail 917s would be pushing 240 or so by the end of Mulsanne. Speeds went down briefly in the mid to late 1970s as prototype classes evolved, but went back up again with Group C.

Hell, even today's P1 cars can hit 220-230 without much trouble, albeit at Indianapolis rather than on the remnants of Mulsanne.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

julian assflange posted:

Apparently the ACO are watching race lap times with great interest and if they go too low this year they are going to slow the cars down with rule changes. Just let them have at it!

They do that every year; the ACO doesn't want the P1s going faster than 3:20. Which apparently won't be a danger for Nissan, seeing as they ran 3:50s down with the P2s in testing today :laffo:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Don't know if any of you guys are interested, but I'm running a contest in AI right now that might be up some of your alleys.

Automation SA-GTE Championship - Neckbeards Building Fake Race Cars

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Aston running a false flag op for Ferrari

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

advion posted:

henno.info

It's working like absolute dogshit for me. Which is better than the WEC app which isn't working at all :v:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Cygni posted:

Really? looked pretty big to be a cat to me, but i dunnah.

A cat doesn't have to be that large to do a ton of damage at 215 mph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

I managed to watch like 22 of the 24 hours; I only missed the parts when my stream died :argh:

Also, now that a) Ferdinand Piech has been deposed and b) Porsche beat Audi at Le Mans, what are the odds that Audi continues beyond this season?

• Locked thread