Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

I've seen a 'race ready' iQ in that livery, so the Yaris isn't really that shocking I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Liqui Moly is back yesssss.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
WEC deserves it's own thread really. It owns.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Even before you can see the car start to lift all of the weight from the front wheels will have disappeared and there would have been no steering well before that. I have a feeling some modifications of the track will be in the near future.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

BMB5150 posted:

:nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhgQGPbj2XE :nms:

So someone got a very clear shot of what happened and nearly got their heads taken off. :stonk:

It took me until the second watch to realize the car ended up on the other side of him than where it entered the stands.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

track day bro! posted:

I'm not going to click on that link.

It just looks like people are trying to frantically pull smooshed raincoats out from the car, no blood.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Cygni posted:

Grid girls seems like a practice from the old days thats been taken to a gross and un-fun extreme in modern times. If you look at the pictures of old timey races, it seems somehow less exploitative and gross. And thats during the fuckin Don Draper days.

Probably because most of them have had a lot of plastic surgery and wear clothes that zero people would ever wear on a normal day or even a crazy day.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Isle of Man Reaper has started taking his harvest this year

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/franck-petricola-killed-in-crash-during-isle-of-man-tt-1708842646

Will we beat the 5 set in 2014?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I watched SST a couple weeks ago, and on the last lap the leaders took a jump together in front of my seat then slid off at the next corner together in like 4 inches of standing water and hit the wall. They then roared away together and the crowd was going insane. It was awesome.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Too bad, Carolina Crusher was the best truck.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
NHRA was the only motorsport still on ESPN proper. RIP ESPN.

https://youtu.be/CsvmXHqDZMw?t=66

Uncle Jam fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 13, 2015

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
The music in that one is worse
And the tagline ESPN The Worldwide leader in motorsports is hilarious to me

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I went to my bar last week and there was BTCC on the TV, it was goddamn awesome.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Its bizarre how everything is just so fake in that series so the drivers can delude themselves into thinking they are F1 stars.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Basticle posted:

As much as this forum likes to flip out whenever someone gets killed i cant belive theres not pages and pages of calls to ban spectators from rally stages http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/rally-crash-kills-six-spectators-in-spain-1728965241

People here want to ban stuff when people die?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Cota is gonna be the last full featured raceway built in the US for a long, long time so it's probably best to enjoy it.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
That BMR was even in the independents was kind of ridiculous anyway. Yeah it was technically correct but come on.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Andretti is using the same car as last year because they can't afford anything else lol.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Cygni posted:

I just imagine the people involved in the series will be people that want to sell or market self driving car stuff, which means crashes prolly aint what they after. Guess we will see!

Not crashing and easy to avoid crashing are already huge marketing points for OEMs now yet human driven cars at tracks still crash a lot so who knows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

VikingSkull posted:

Forgive me if I laugh at a place famous for taking a few bucks from idiots and billing them for guardrail after a near fatal crash that is now bitching about race driver experience.

The DMSB, the Russian who owns operating rights, and the German government are all different even though you've managed to confuse them all in your post.

• Locked thread