Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!

Hedrigall posted:

Edit: Oh, it sounds like Bombtrack by RATM

It's not a cover, if that's what you mean, it's just derivative. They've been stealing from RATM since Origin of Symmetry (compare Snake Charmer and Hyper Music).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Some stuff:

Zane Lowe (a BBC Radio One dj) is having his last show on March 5th. He's a massive Muse fan, and several Muse singles have premiered on his show in the past.

Some recent photos tweeted by the band and their crew show that they're currently doing rehearsals for a live show. But their first tour date isn't until May 29th. Why would they be rehearsing this early?

My conjecture: on March 5th Muse will debut a bunch of new songs on Zane Lowe's farewell show :neckbeard:

Also, yesterday Matt Bellamy tweeted that "Psycho" is coming soon. That's probably the name of the first single!

electricHyena
Sep 12, 2005

oh no not again
Can't wait. Really bummed though that it seems that they're going to take their sweet time coming back to the US.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

oh poo poo today's the day.

e: yeah nothing to see here... no Muse on Zane. QOTSA's Song For The Dead as his final record was pretty sweet though.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 5, 2015

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
S-S-S-S-Sadness.

There was a new instagram video with a pretty cool guitar lick though.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Hedrigall posted:

The album will be produced by Robert John "Mutt" Lange, legendary producer for AC/DC (Back In Black) and, uh, Shania Twain (The Woman In Me).

Also most of Def Leppard's most famous albums, including Hysteria.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Biggest slice of the new single we've heard yet:

https://instagram.com/p/z--_HynXX9/?modal=true

THAT MOTHERFUCKING RIFF :h: :h: :swoon: :h: :h:

Also Matt tweeted that the single is going to be released sometime this week!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Hedrigall posted:

Biggest slice of the new single we've heard yet:

https://instagram.com/p/z--_HynXX9/?modal=true

THAT MOTHERFUCKING RIFF :h: :h: :swoon: :h: :h:

Also Matt tweeted that the single is going to be released sometime this week!

I loving love 0305030 Jam and I could not be happier it's finally getting into a proper song :swoon:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
If Monty Jam is also turned into a song my life will be complete.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Hedrigall posted:

If Monty Jam is also turned into a song my life will be complete.

Helsinki Jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1myPbikAYk

E: Which you mentioned earlier in this thread :doh:

mfcrocker fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Mar 9, 2015

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
People on the Muse.mu forums have been doing some internet detectoring, and have found the website, resume and Linked In profile for Matt Hayslett, Director of Photographer for the "Psycho" video clip.

From those sources, they've determined he's also worked on videos and/or live visuals for songs/tracks called "Dead Inside", "Drill Sergeant" and "Hollow Point Bullet". Pretty loving cool!

Edit: Alternatively, some people are suggesting that "Drill Sergeant" and "Hollow Point Bullet" are working titles for "Psycho" and "Dead Inside", because the former two are only on his resume and the latter two are only on his Linked In page.

Edit 2: Warner's lawyers must be quick on the phone, all the info is gone now, hahaha.

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 10, 2015

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You think "Dead Inside" is a cool name for a song?

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!

Popcorn posted:

It's not a cover, if that's what you mean, it's just derivative. They've been stealing from RATM since Origin of Symmetry (compare Snake Charmer and Hyper Music).

You can say that about anything / anyone.

What it comes down to is that Muse are superior, and still doing the biz. RATM good until 1999, and not one of the greatest even then. It's not even a comparison.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Verified by lots of people on Muse.mu forums, iTunes was glitching out and showing a new Muse banner (sadly unclickable) for many people on iPhone and iPad:

That's most likely the album art! Looks really cool. Apparently it's not up there anymore.

Also...

Secret gig on Sunday in Belfast??

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

quote:

Finally, Muse have confirmed plans for a full UK tour. Tickets go on sale at 9.30am tomorrow (March 12th) – dates are as follows:

March
15 Belfast Ulster Hall
16 Glasgow Barrowlands
19 Newport Centre
20 Exeter Great Hall
22 Manchester Academy
23 Brighton Dome

Album out mid-June

Some Like it Scott
Jun 25, 2004

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY JESUS!!!
Just announced from Muse.mu :

quote:

Drones will be released on 8 June 2015!

From Matt: “To me, 'Drones' are metaphorical psychopaths which enable psychopathic behaviour with no recourse. The world is run by Drones utilizing Drones to turn us all into Drones. This album explores the journey of a human, from their abandonment and loss of hope, to their indoctrination by the system to be a human drone, to their eventual defection from their oppressors."

The first single from Drones, “Dead Inside,” will debut the week of 23 March. Pre-order for the new album will be available tomorrow at 7:30pm GMT, along with the new song “Psycho.”

DRONES
1. Dead Inside
2. [Drill Sergeant]
3. Psycho
4. Mercy
5. Reapers
6. The Handler
7. [JFK]
8. Defector
9. Revolt
10. Aftermath
11. The Globalist
12. Drones

Co-produced by Muse and Robert John “Mutt” Lange

The description and some of the track titles make me roll my eyes, but if the music itself is awesome, I can get past the rest. The brief snippets that we've heard so far via Instagram, etc. give me hope!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Awesome news to wake up to :D

Also, this:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
:laffo: this tracklist

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I can't decide whether the tracklist is for a new Tech Itch album or a Batman movie summary.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Those track titles are embarrassingly awful.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
It wouldn't be Muse if there wasn't something embarrassingly awful about the new album.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

Worst track list yet, and that's saying something. Album art's shocking too. What a metaphor!

MOAR posted:

What it comes down to is that Muse are superior, and still doing the biz. RATM good until 1999, and not one of the greatest even then. It's not even a comparison.

Have you listened to Snake Charmer? I put it to you that it is a comparison.

But that's not the point. The point was that Muse have been doing RATM-style riffs for years and years and that's why someone might mistake one of their riffs for a RATM cover.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It's gonna be loving stupid and you're gonna embrace that stupidity and enjoy the guitars bass and drums on top of falsetto wailing about really dumb poo poo

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Holy poo poo they've also released the tracklist for album number 8!!

1. Rebellion
2. Mutiny
3. Defiance
4. Insurrection
5. Revolution
6. Coup d'État
7. Riot
8. Overthrow
9. Insurgence
10. Upheaval
11. Insubordination
12. Noncompliance

Dumb joke I found on the Muse.mu forum

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Sigh... It's probably going to be an album full of Animals' and MK Ultra's which aren't anywhere near their best rock songs.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Paperback Writer posted:

Sigh... It's probably going to be an album full of Animals' and MK Ultra's which aren't anywhere near their best rock songs.

It's probably going to be full of Agitateds and Execution Summarys :v:

Hopefully I'll find out next Thursday :dance:

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Whole thing is cheese, but so is Muse. I like the album cover :)

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Psycho is apparently coming in 20 minutes

You can listen to 1 minute of it in the iTunes Store
http://fb.me/7s84Awo5P

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 12, 2015

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

oh it's uprising again

it's up now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqLRqzTp6Rk

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 12, 2015

Teensie King
Sep 8, 2011

He kinda looks like a horse doesn't he?
I recall that riff from some jam on the HAARP album. The song itself is incredibly silly, but not too bad.
Also, did using "gently caress" on Panic Station open the floodgates on frivolous cursing in Muse songs or what?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Teensie King posted:

I recall that riff from some jam on the HAARP album.

It's 0305030 riff, they've been using it for 15 years and finally bothered making it into a song.

This is going to be a monster live, the studio mix feels like it could be a bit punchier

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The music video is really done dirty by those drill sergeant samples, I'm hoping in vain that's not in the final mix.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

hemophilia posted:

The music video is really done dirty by those drill sergeant samples, I'm hoping in vain that's not in the final mix.

It will be.

Gestalt Illusion
May 28, 2013

I feel like an idiot expecting good lyrics but what the gently caress. The drill sergeant samples are awful.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

yeah the drill sergeant and added silliness they love now pretty much ruin it for me. At least it won't be a set-killer?

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

"There's a big difference between being hurt and being injured. You get hurt, you shake it off and come back the next series or the next game. I try to hurt people."
We're goin' to the Roadhouse, gonna have a real good time!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Well that rocked my socks off.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

I don't get why Muse can't write songs any more. By that I don't just mean in some high-level wanky "this song sucks!" way (though the song does suck), I mean they've lost the ability to cement ideas together, to sequence ideas into sensible patterns. It used to be one of their great strengths - songs that were maybe workmanlike but built like brick shithouses, with particularly intelligent bridges. This is just a bunch of different go-nowhere riffs taped together haphazardly, with terrible lyrics that before you even get to their intellectual content just don't scan.

To be honest I never liked that riff that much 15 years ago either.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

they're probably not on as many drugs as they were for origin of symmetry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
:yikes:

Um, well, okay, I'll leave you guys to it. It's been fun entertaining any hopes but... yeah.

• Locked thread