Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Breaking up with Kate Hudson? I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I can die happy if I never hear Assassin again.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

It's so much better from the bridge onward. It's the first part of the new album we've heard (Psycho, Reapers) that I actually liked.

edit: really looking forward to the instrumental version of this album

the truth fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 23, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I just want them to bring Citizen Erased back into the live setlist, and hopefully they get hit in the head with rocks and develop amnesia that is specific for Assassin. gently caress that song.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I am an adult with minimal angst, a good relationship, and a fulfilling career, and I like a song called "Dead Inside." What the gently caress?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Sounds like the riff Matt was playing in the muted video a couple months ago was The Globalist.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

https://soundcloud.com/gregwood1/mercy

Someone from the official board made a rough instrumental cut of the track that sounds pretty accurate. If anyone missed the song before it was pulled, the vocals add to the bare bones chorus and will probably have some falsetto. The lyrics were mostly unintelligible.

Edit: the bridge didn't sound quite that basic, but the quality of the bootleg was poor.

the truth fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 10, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

That looks like something an angry 15 year old would draw.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

It took me about 47 seconds to find a download link, but it's a zip and I'm on my phone. Can't find a stream and I'm about to get on a flight.

Edit: there are zip apps for the iPhone :ssh:

the truth fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 17, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

You can mix out the drones chant once the instrumental version leaks

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

That tapping solo is almost identical to "In Your World," but I am not complaining.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Not sure how every song except Psycho is so good. Why were they so lazy with it?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Maybe it's the leak, but the mixing on Revolt is my biggest complaint. The vocals are undersampled and the "you can go" backup chants in the chorus are far too loud.

edit: Just finished the album. That's some good poo poo, and the second half isn't as bad as some people made it out to be. Defector is awesome and Aftermath was surprising. The Globalist was kind of a blur that I need to listen to a couple more times. Drones is just a simple epilogue that most people, even diehard fans, will only listen to once or twice.

the truth fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 3, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

So... that countdown in The Globalist

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Fat Turkey posted:

Why fixate on calling it Jones (which is a pretty weak swipe) when I'm still confused why they had their JFK voice pronounce covert as 'covet', like a word that means something else.

Pretty sure that is a real recording of JFK. Sorry his Boston accent doesn't live up to your expectations.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

You seriously don't skip Soldier's Poem?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Popcorn posted:

I think BHAR's pretty good on the whole, but it was definitely the turning point [...] and it was the start of the Great Muse Bridge Rot (see my earlier moaning in this thread about that).

Hedrigall is correct in identifying Map of the Problematique as basically perfect.

MotP in all its alleged perfection had such an excellent bridge! :allears:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

auzdark posted:

Do you guys know how long it takes for the Instrumentals to become available? Those were my favourite parts of the last two albums...

Absolution instrumentals are a fantastic sleep aid, in a good way.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Making playlists with songs from this album is a pain in the rear end because at least half of them are mixed to flow from one to the next.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Drones is the #1 album on the Billboard 200.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

It's a shame The Globalist was such a letdown. If they had gone out with a properly huge song then it would have made the album more memorable. They do the same riff for almost two minutes, add some bass and drums, then cut it off right after they start to build it into something big. Then we get a tired retread of the end of USOE/CD and Explorers.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

For what it's worth, I don't think MotP is some grand experimental track - it's pop. It was featured prominently in the opening of the London Olympics. It sounds cool, but Matt hardly has to do anything when they play it live.

I wouldn't want an entire album of Space Dementia nonsense. I'm glad that we got as many solid songs out of this album as we did. I like it a lot overall and love some individual songs, but it has a weak ending.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

If I don't get to hear Citizen Erased I will get a refund :argh:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Really regretting buying tickets, especially because they were so expensive. The set list they had a few weeks ago was much better.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

KillerMojo posted:

I'm really not a fan of the setlist at all, SS going the way of New Born is a crime especially with UD and all the backing tracks filling up time.

I agree. There is no excuse to play Drones once, let alone twice. Same goes for Isolated System. There is too much filler.

I'm just trying not to think about it at this point because it's shaping up to be an enormous waste of money. Ugh. I wouldn't have bought tickets if they hadn't been playing SS and CE at virtually every show for the past few months.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

gently caress

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I bought them from Stub Hub for a little more than face value. They are quite decent seats. I'll continue to follow the set list since They aren't coming to my side of the country for a couple months.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

People actually like The Globalist?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

What show got SS, Hysteria, PIB, and CE? I don't think that has happened on this tour.

Edit: that is not a set list from this arena tour. It is out of order and doesn't have Globalist or Revolt, which seem like staples of the set list.

I bought tickets because they were playing many shows with set lists like the one above, but when the tour started the set list completely went to poo poo.

the truth fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 11, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Reapers wasn't played tonight, either. This tour has the worst sets.

Edit: they did play Reapers. The tour still sucks.

the truth fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 20, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

Yeah but they played the Globalist instead :v:

They play that at every show.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Too bad the set list only has 17 songs and they play recordings of Drones (twice) and Isolated System to fill time.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

They played Citizen Erased twice in the past week and Revolt once. Map of the Problematique has made a couple appearances, too.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

They are doing the European leg of the tour now, and it looks like they might actually be playing set lists that are vaguely appealing to long term fans. Sucks to be an American fan, I guess.

When I saw them there was only a 16 song set, Matt wandered around the stage for four of those songs without a guitar, and 2/3 of the drones were broken. Matt didn't mess up the solo in The Handler, though, which was a nice surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

With a set like that, I am surprised they didn't throw in a live debut of Easily or Falling Away With You.

• Locked thread