Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Dead Inside is currently playing on BBC Radio 1 but here's the official lyrics video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTcJWhmdzpg

E: I think I should mention it's NSFW for naked lady

Admoon fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

Undisclosed Desires had a baby with Panic Station!

I pretty much feel the same way about this song as I do Undisclosed Desires. It's alright... but nothing amazing. I do really like the "You're DEAD INSIDE" bit.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Paperback Writer posted:

An 11 minute behind the scenes making-of video for The Globalist has leaked. And it sounds awesome.
http://goo.gl/fb/xNAARR

Spaghetti Western Muse is Good Muse.

I dug most of what I heard in that. Has me a little more excited for the album now.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I like how Matt kicks over the amps and then the dude has to go put them back up because the sets not over.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Reapers does indeed own bones and it's made me more excited for the album now.

e: Official lyrics video out now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcNEC9NaJuE

Admoon fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 29, 2015

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

The Handler is on spotify. It's pretty good I'd say, need to give it a few more listens.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

None of the new songs are as good as Reapers/Handler. A few of these songs sound like they come from The Resistance. I don't think it's nearly as bad as the guy above me but it's not going down as one of my favorites any time soon. At the very least I think it's better than The 2nd Law, but then again I hated that album. I'll probably end up liking it more than The Resistance too.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

I liked the Resistance and the 2nd Law, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. If the rest of the album sounds like either of those albums plus what we've heard I think its as good as you could have hoped for because Dead Inside/Reapers/The Handler are all excellent songs.

I liked the Resistance too but it took a while to grow on me and was still my least favorite until T2L came out. Overall I'm happy about Drones, especially in the first half of the album. There are quite a few songs on here that I really like and see myself listening to a lot in the future.

Also I like Revolt more than Aftermath and The Globalist which I'm sure will be an unpopular opinion. I think I'll chalk it up to me being a big fan of pop music. The song just sounds fun and catchy.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I'm glad I'm not the only one that liked Revolt. Your top tracks are the same as mine except I'd swap Aftermath for Defector.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

johnsonrod posted:

To me that isn't the way I want to have to describe Muse songs. Stockholm Syndrome is heavy as gently caress and amazing, Plug in Baby is awesome, Citizen Erased is one of the best songs of all time and Sing for Absolution still sends shivers down my spine when I hear the live recording from HAARP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDy5ipaSwBs

I'd never heard this before, it's amazing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Sir Lemming posted:

I honestly don't see any of the supposed tongue-in-cheek cheesiness, '80s inspiration, or Queen tribute aspects of "Revolt". It just sounds like a bad, generic, modern rock song to my ears.

And remember, I'm that guy who keeps defending "Guiding Light". But I just don't "get" this one at all.

I can't stand Guiding Light but Revolt is one of my most listened to songs on this album by now. It just sounds so catchy and fun to me, which I realize is something not a lot of people are looking for from Muse.

I'm at the point where I just start listening at Reapers and end with Revolt. I don't know how much I'll enjoy these songs in the future though, I'm hoping at least The Handler stands the test of time as it's by far my favorite.

• Locked thread