Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I'm so in. This will be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I will be this robot

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

omg is that real

It is very fake.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

gently caress yeah

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Can we post what kind of transmorpher we are?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Gough Suppressant posted:

Bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep nini bong

I'm Eric Idle irl

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Beet was right about day 1 no-lynches, so let's get the ball rolling.

##vote Anidav

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Beast Wars was the best Transformers except the movie.

Anidav thanks for vindicating my vote.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

thatbastardken posted:

at one point they actually hang out in the ark with the eerie comatose prime.

After he gets shot in the face.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Tommofork posted:

Ideally there would be more discussion or more accusations being thrown around but there's nothing to go on,

That being said, questions for Sky Coq, TOML, Splode:

1) are you open to changing your votes?
2) what's your D2 plan if Anidav flips town?
3) why Anidav if not Harold if you're voting based on the last game?

1) Yeah if something comes up. Gotta do a lynch today though
2) Apologise, analyse who else voted for him, look for patterns and lies
3) I'm more voting for the sake of voting for someone I think will get a lot of support

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Harold Krell posted:

It's funny that you say this despite the fact you were equally as worthless. :rolleyes:

Hello Harold I hope you have a less pointless game this time.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

No Harold you need to go harder.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Avshalom posted:

finally an older person sits seagull down and gives him a good talking-to

This post made me lose my poo poo laughing

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

4 votes to get rid of Anidav. Think of the energon we could harvest from his scrap.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Lid posted:

Literal decepticon think here.

No it's like renewable energy.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Fruity Gordo posted:

idk the only ones who really benefit from the thread closing early are scum since it gives them fewer opportunities to step on a rake, doesn't do much harm to town keeping it open for fresh shitposting, especially if the lynch seems to be a foregone conclusion which it might be here

I worry that if everyone sits back and thinks it's a foregone conclusion, we'll end the day all wanting to lynch Anidav but a vote short or something.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Small Keating posted:

I actually agree with Kommando here. Cheeky attempt by Coq to increase the bandwagon's momentum.

##unvote

##vote Sky Coq

It was a joke. I've posted my reasons for wanting to continue the momentum above - worried about complacency getting us a no-lynch.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Fruity Gordo posted:

toml did the same thing but with more words fwiw

TOML is an alternate version of me that finished law school and knows more words.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Fruity Gordo posted:

i will punch myself in the face if my being circumspect and posting CAREFUL NOW fucks up the momentum to the point that we dont get a lynch

Auspol mafia is not and has never been about being careful.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Lid posted:

So the options you are trying are Anidav or no lynch? Because it is entirely paranoid to go "if we don't lynch Anidav with all this bandwagon momentum NO ONE WILL DIE!"

##vote SKY COQ

Oh for gently caress's sake

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

coq/fruity tag team scum double act

fruity 'cautiously' retracts her vote from anidav

this gives all the other anidav scum buddies - coq and everyone else - an excuse to also retract theirs

fruity then expresses guilt and penitence to avoid suspicion but OH LOOK anidav escapes a lynch anyway!

I started the vote for him and haven't retracted it.

This is all very interesting. Suss on Kommando, SK, and now you.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

Is lid legit trying to stop a vote on Anidav?

That's my take. It's picked up this afternoon as well, almost as if it took someone a while to set up a scumdoc and coordinate posting strategies.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

What just happened

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Milky Moor posted:

Lockdown is a feared bounty hunter.

And an underwhelming transformer

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Lid posted:

My second transformers toy (after Grimlok) was a Sky Coq too.

Whoa that is rad

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I didn't really vote for milky BC I put spaces in there but just in case it's confused votegrindr:

##vote anidav

Gotta bold that vote man

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Anidav posted:

But TOML, you were scum last game, you should be happy about me loving up, not angry. Unless you're trying to fit in with the current snowball?

We were all thrilled with you loving up last game because you covered up a very risky nightkill with two days of solid bullshit.

Now that there situation's reversed, I'm much less willing to let you stick around and derail good debate.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Anidav posted:

This is bait here, you've only been posting about Harold, me and telling people to bold votes. The few times someone votes for you, you don't reply to defend yourself. Only swear and dismiss. As soon as Lid voted for you, you try backing up Beet and try flinging suss back at Lid. You essentially tried to do a OMGUS without voting. The only reason you would get away with tagalonging the one person who is slightly against the person who voted for you is because everyone is focusing on me.

If you want good debate, have it now but you clearly are not.

Setting up Hambeet's logic as a scum weapon

Egging on Harold to make the game more chaotic as previous.

Dismissive cussing to avoid the focus on me from changing

Piggybacking on Beet again to try and align yourself with a perceived good player and poster.

##vote SKY COQ

Today isn't the time for that. I've got some suspicion around Lid in particular - not because he's suss on me, but because he's been derailing a fairly straightforward vote to get you gone.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Milky Moor posted:

So, work has blocked the forums for some reason. I'll be posting much less. :smith:

Come in through the IP address instead

This has been an unintentionally amazing start for scum. Can't imagine TOML gave much away to role claim.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Go on, tell us more about your theories.

I'd particularly love to know how me posting a joke on my lunch break constitutes posting with reckless abandon.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

After witnessing the death of two of his most trusted allies, WARPATH decides he can't take it any more!

Warpath: "If you guys want to BLAM wait around to get scrapped by Decepticons then ZOWEE be my guest!"

Warpath gathers up his most precious possessions, a small sackful of bullets.

Warpath: "I've left some prime POW munitions in my quarters for another Autobot, but if you guys need me I'll be back on ZAM Cybertron! Better to wage war for an eternity than get picked off in our KABLAAAAM sleep!"

And with that heads to try to sneak aboard the DECEPTICON SPACE BRIDGE.

HEROIC AUTOBOT WARPATH died on the way back to his home planet.

(town aligned)

-----------

RIP MC Eating Disorder, suicided.

Interesting. Did he leave his role behind?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Avshalom posted:

haha yes, i did. i felt from the start that anidav was going to be a liability, and when he role-claimed i thought there was no way in hell he wasn't lying again. i made a rash decision based on personal feelings and it ended up potentially damaging town's cause a lot, although not as much as toml's assassination, the pinpoint accuracy of which continues to amaze me

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I don't exactly regret voting for him, because at least we learned things and got rid of a distraction, but Christ it's a bad result for town. To say nothing of TOML.

Lid's still on my suss list, but my hope is he was just flinging poo poo and MCEC's flip has put him back in his box. I'd agree that for now, targeting quieter players is a decent strategy. With so many players, there will be a few trying to ride the coat tails.

Not sure who yet though. Need to read more.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

Me picking on him about starscream was a joke and the second is Anidav Anidaving.

Nah, I took it as a mild role claim as well. Which was backed up by him having a very important role.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Votefinder, what are we looking at?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Votecount for Day 2

Avshalom (2): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Matthew Beet, Bifauxnen
Small Keating (1): Bifauxnen, Kommando, Bifauxnen
Splode (1): Seagull
Tirade (1): Splode
bell jar (1): Lid
Kommando (1): bell jar
thatbastardken (1): Harold Krell
Bifauxnen (0): Harold Krell, Harold Krell
Tommofork (0): Harold Krell, Harold Krell
rudatron (0): Kommando, Kommando

Not Voting (16): Avshalom, black_tangled, Fruity Gordo, GoldStandardConure, Gough Suppressant, Ironic Sex Tourist, Milky Moor, Mithranderp, Plotterboy, rudatron, SKY COQ, Small Keating, thatbastardken, Tirade, Tommofork, webmeister

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 22nd, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 17 minutes.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

yeah basically

Ok so i don't want to be associated with webby because i have a very very strong suspicion that hes scum - i get a hell dodgy vibe from just about every post he's made. There's a very very strong sense of providing too much information to make it seem like 'he's one of us', too much narration of his actions in an attempt to make it seem like they're logical rather than opportunistic scum moves

re: Anidav/starscream - trying to force Dave into a roleclaim, or stitch him up for one

overexplaining a vote for anidav - noone else bothered to provide a 'logical' reasons, it was a joke/reflex vote - this is scum covering their tracks

Trying too hard to show that he's part of the team - webby doesn't post/speak like this, he's closer to the soag-BJ end of the spectrum rather than bif end

whole bunch of completely groundless (and actually ridiculous) accusations, with the exception of lid who a few people have called out - potentially bandwagoning

Scum trying to get other factions to reveal themselves, or power roles to own up to blocking

So, you have a history of
trying to make people identify their roles and
over-enunciating his actions and emphasising that he's part of the team while
not actually saying anything of substance

summary: :itwaspoo:

##unvote
##vote webmeister

I can get behind this.

##vote webmeister

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Milky Moor posted:

You are busy pointing your digits at two other Autobots using a strategy that has guaranteed Decepticon victory in the past - throwing one of your compatriots under a space bus to ingratiate you to the Autobot cause.

It's also worth noting that there are almost certainly multiple scum factions, one of which was either role blocked or biding it's time last night.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

thatbastardken posted:

how do you know that? Or what are you basing your guess on?

Purely a guess based on the size of the player base. I was expecting mass carnage overnight, and the fact that it didn't happen suggests a flukey roleblock, some scum with time limited roles or some other scenario.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Lid posted:

To be fair, and I am giving you a lot of benefit of the doubt here as you were pinging me day one, this isn't entirely unfathomable considering we had two cops on town side. A single scum group wouldn't need two cops unless they are a huge size.

Cheers, I appreciate your willingness to think about it. Seriously a 27 player game is massive, it's not just going to be one group. Or if it is, I will be a very surprised robot in disguise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Can someone point me to a good example of a game that has had multiple scumteams? Is that like the last recent games that had Small Keating tacked on as a bonus mystery scum? Cause "teams" seems to imply something bigger or more involved than one lone wolf, but I've never actually been in or watched a game that's used multiple teams ever.

Hell, even the last game had the small group of lonely scum convinced there was a whole nother team floating out there, but there wasn't. Where does this idea come from?

We've played a couple - I think Freudian Slip ran a couple that had multiple teams, and Sweeroy was reminding us in the scumdoc last game that his previous game had three.

• Locked thread