Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep nini bong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

webmeister posted:

Pretty sure that's unironic

:drat:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
##vote Michael Bay

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

play it by ear.

do transformers have ears?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Tommofork posted:

What does this mean? I vaguely remember pantsu getting schooled about it in p/c thread.

Probably soag. They posted once in p/c auspol yesterday morning, other then that it's a completely new account.

It is the universal greeting

:goonsay:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Matthew Beet posted:

New game plan. Everyone role call. Some people are bound to get caught out lying by the real person so we lynch the liar. If they flip town we lynch the person who lied about the other person lying the next day. Only scum would like about it you see. lynch people who don't role claim.

~flawless logic~

I don't think anidav got this was a fake post

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
fuckin' millenials

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
sharkticons own, tia

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Matthew Beet posted:

it's d1 loser. like knowing your role would ever matter. scum are gonna try and lynch town. town are gonna lynch town. there is no way to determine who is who at this stage UNLESS you get one or two people defending a person who is being voted. The only way that would happen is if there is a masonry or they are SCUM.

It seems pretty likely in a game this size there would be a masonry, Dinobots maybe?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Seagull posted:

dinobots have a masonry but they're too dumb to remember who the other members are

Grimlok not watcher, Grimlok king!

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

I know my last game was bad and I hosed up but can we please not let the human version of me kill the robot version of me? It plays right into the hands of the intruders. Even robots make mistakes. Let me redeem myself so we can all get off this spaceship alive.

Believe in Optimus and you will be redeemed

"for whosoever eats of my gears and drinks of my oil shall be raised in eternal life."

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Avshalom posted:

this is all gibberish, i feel like i've been dumped into the midst of a flock of pigeons and told that some of them want to murder me

replace murder with gently caress and that's just hatoful boyfriend's plot.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
As much as it pains me to do so, since it means this game I may actually be the worst playing autobot, I think we should probably vote anidav for the good of the tribe.

##vote Anidav

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Kommando posted:

well thats convincing

But just to cover my bases so people dont think im a weathervane.

##unvote
##vote Avshalom
##unvote
##vote bell jar
##unvote
##vote Bifauxnen
##unvote
##vote black_tangled
##unvote
##vote Fruity Gordo
##unvote
##vote GoldStandardConure
##unvote
##vote Gough Suppressant
##unvote
##vote Harold Krell
##unvote
Kommando Lol, dont vote for yourself, thats silly
##vote Lid
##unvote
##vote Matthew Beet
##unvote
##vote MC Eating Disorder
##unvote
##vote Milky Moor
##unvote
##vote Mithranderp
##unvote
##vote Plotterboy
##unvote
##vote rudatron
##unvote
##vote Seagull
##unvote
##vote SKY COQ
##unvote
##vote Small Keating
##unvote
##vote Splode
##unvote
##vote thatbastardken
##unvote
##vote Those On My Left
##unvote
##vote Tirade
##unvote
##vote Tommofork
##unvote
##vote webmeister
##unvote
##vote Ironic Sex Tourist

##unvote

##vote Anidav

/me hits Votecounter in the votes, doing 9999 damage.
*votecounter dies*

oh my god how dare you vote for me I will literally kill you

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Also I'm okay with changing my vote for anidav but as others have said multiple times across multiple threads, day 1 lynches are good and Anidav seemed a pretty easy target to actually get the numbers seeing as we need 14 to lynch and that's always going to be a struggle on day 1

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Kommando posted:

Fruity, how did you get Goughs login?

damnit i forgot to change accounts

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

shut up

Look at this scum everybody!! if he was backpedalling any harder he would be a bicycle transformer

## vote scroag

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

That should be resolved if Asphyxious moves IST over to players from spectators.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

I ask to be spared. That's all I ask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILzSAgVfUcA

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Hey we have a second cop that isn't anidav :woop:

We found out by their obituary :negative:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Kommando posted:

real posting not noise.

this italicised bit throws up some alarm.
"resign yourself", this is a statement not by a townie. this is a between gritted teeth threat. "just let the knife into your chest. it is inevitable."
amongst all the noise, mine included, we have MC Eating Disorder telling Anidav that he's going to die. not because it's a good strategy, not because he will be vindicated or for the good of the town, but because he is helpless.

Watching Anidav from a GMs perspective in my game, this is not how he behaved when he was going down and guilty.

You are all poking him to get a reaction, a meltdown for funnies. And it's hard to sift the people doing it for lols and those who are helping the town send an innocent to his death for sinister purposes.

MC Eating Disorder has bared his teeth here.

The sly grin of a villain.

*votes for MC Eating Disorder

-------------

as above.
For funnies

----------------

This is a tactic discussed a lot in scum docs, one of these people will be scum, setting up a bus or misdirected suspicion, to evidence 'I'm a good guy'. But always prefaced with "I don't know for sure" hue hue don't blame me...

Town don't need to cover their tracks with "I'm just an townie in the dark like you." it's a pretty plain and guilty scum tell.

------------------

and there's the other "it is inevitable".

MC Eating Disorder and Ironic Sex Tourist.

----------------------

No, its because you've outed yourself, not as a dumb townie whos going along for larks, but a savage whos satisfied with the direction of the bandwagon.

Being a retard with votefinder is just noiseposting. i was happy to noisepost my way to death because i legit cannot follow this long-rear end game to its conclusion and will just blither poo poo until i board a plane on saturday to a land of white sand beaches and no internets.

that is until i got snagged on a proud nail. Your post. Screaming out "I am playing as scum".

Of course you would think its a weak reason, you're prosecuting it. But town are unaffiliated and know they have no information, but scum need to reassure, not so much for others but themselves. Its conceptually difficult to pretend to know nothing when you actually do.

The game does not need a quick lynch, the rules state that the person at the end of the day with the most votes will be killed, this could happen with 1 vote all day and at 9pm that person dies. The game will not resume until 9am the next day and so hammering early robs us of discussion and sluthing. And any incidental funnies along the way. However early hammering of scapegoats works in scum favor. (Note: This was a misinterpretation on my part and was clarified by Asphyxious. However bumrushing a hammer on day one is still not useful and its best to let people talk and chat as it offers valuable clues for future study which i elaborate on...)
Believe it or not but when you go back over first day posts (Or read as a GM), people let on a lot more than they believe, earlier someone mentioned a nursebot with breasts, then someone mentioned their 'breasts' having a hunch. Watch closely and people will outright tell you what they are or what their flavor is on day 1. I've already done it. It wouldnt take much research to find what character i'm playing.

And you've told me yours.

----------------

3rd scum possibly spotted.

The major part of my argument is that people are crap at keeping secrets and dearly want to let people know, but in a clever and obtuse way. Looking back on many mafia games its remarkable how many early tells people make in the first day noise due to this inability to keep poo poo to themselves amongst the excitement of a new game.
MC Eating Disorder made an error by sneeringly mocking Anidav for fighting against the bumrush bearing down on him, telling him to resign himself to his fate. The Bumrush is built upon the actions of Anidav from previous games but MC EatingDisorder then goes on to say this is his first game. So he should have no malice and rather should be questioning the reasoning of the bandwagon like one of the non-regular-auspol people did. Instead he exhibits hallmarks of a scum caught up in the bandwagon, adding weight with no reason.
Accept your fate, he says.
Later he makes false equivalence and a sort of WIFOM argument.

IST posted a similar thing later, 'dead man dancing on the end of a rope'.

Now, anidav didnt blow up spectacularly, instead he posts in character and implores people to spare his life.

Lid spots Coq posting with reckless abandon for the now revealed townies life.

These three show no caution and instead relish the ease of rolling on the carefree murder.
[/quote]

You have brilliant comic timing.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
In my defense I'd like to say I'm pretty sure the quote tags are hosed up in the original post I was quoting :colbert:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Avshalom posted:

we all learnt an important lesson, and maybe next time anidav will last more than a day

After the reaction this time?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Isn't kommando leaving the game on Saturday so probably isn't super concerned by long term survival?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Someone(preferably not me because I'm phoneposting all day) should go back through TOMLs posts yesterday since he is usually a pretty smart player. Day one hunches don't mean a lot but they could lead to something if we have not much else to go on.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Seagull posted:

So Splode was the one who initially suggested that he was the hammer (he did acknowledge that he was possibly the second last vote) but wasn't confident enough to vote for him based off of this alone, and only went all in and voted for Tirade once someone else (me) had also mentioned suspicions for them.

This is probably the strongest argument so far, I'm heading to work eventually so if nothing better comes up i will be voting Splode.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Yeah generally when someone dies it shows whether or not they're a mason it's pretty obviously a joke

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

i am 90% sure i have figured a scum out but i'm going to not out them just yet, i will let them hang themselves and incriminate their buddies for a few more days before calling them out

Is this a good strategy? I don't do so much mafia

This can be good or bad. You may get night killed before you say anything, or you may get watched at night revealing who a scum killer is. Generally though the scum have access to information privately so the more information made public the better.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Lid posted:

Sunstreaker is a sociopath.

##vote webmeister

"Sunstreaker is an Autobot from the Generation 1 continuity family."

It seems pretty weird that the role claim is what pushes you over the edge given that.

I think the case against webmeister is pretty strong personally but using an autobot role claim as a reason to confirm your vote is suspect unless you know there is another sun streaker floating around.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

when this game is over you guys are going to love my transformre name, imo its Sphxy's coup de grace

Stascroag?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
gently caress, starscroag, stupid no editing

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Lid posted:

Well they haven't claimed a role yet, they still can. No, I am not Sunstreaker but the case is strong and looking at flavour for clues may help.

It would be weird and dumb of gaspy to give autobot names to scum, so the claim doesn't really do anything. Either he is lying because he is scum and it's of no value, he's telling the truth and he's town, or I guess if sun streaker is an rear end in a top hat he could be a self aligned vigilante/survivor type thing

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Lid posted:

I have reasons for it, it's not a clicher by any means though.

Unrelated but I just did the Pottermore online game thing and the sorting hat put me in Slytherin. Do with that information as you wish.

You should post your reasons.

Like was said to IST before the more information given in thread the better

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Surely if you just put his name out there then the possibility of a doctor or watcher targeting him is around the same as scum targeting him.

The whole "yeah I totally believe in this dude but I won't tell you why" is really dumb.

Scum will have multiple people working on figuring it out where as each townie is an island. Put his name out and if a doctor or watcher thinks that's enough for him to get targeted they either save him or see who kills him and we get way more informed tomorrow.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I honestly don't think you can win as townie by trying to compartmentalise information because scum have such a big advantage in doing so.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

"They" breadcrumbed? Milky's been posting Transformers stuff all along, sure, and he's backing up webmeister's claim as making sense, but where did webmeister say anything?

I took it to mean a singular they but idk

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

bell jar posted:

i don't think lid is scum, i think he's just dumb

I'm leaning this way too, but that means we should check out who is using Lid as a pretence to vote a certain way. Dumb townies are scums best asset

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Voting closes in what 20 minutes?

No one else is going to pick up the votes and work might get busy so I guess I'll ##vote webmeister just in case

I think some of the arguments against him are a bit flimsy so if he flips town we have something to go on tomorrow.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Tommofork posted:

There's a special 1 hour extension tonight due to the thread opening late so 1hr 20!

Oh, this is good at least. Will keep my vote there for now unless a credible second option opens up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Oh also I find IST claiming that he won't die tonight unusual but I have no idea what it actually means.

• Locked thread