Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Awesome. Watching :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav posted:

That poo poo was on Boomerang, I watched it sometimes but I was too busy watching Zoids

Also Beast Wars was cool too.

The cool kids watched Captain Planet and Widget.

No wonder were all greens voting poindexters.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Those On My Left posted:

don't edit your posts

don't Reddit your posts

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Those avatars wont make it confusing, not at all.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

Unless you wanna be press ganged into this game hush up.

Oh no please dont throw me in the briar patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7tyhpWiZyM

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Ah hell.

##vote Plotterboy

do I get a PM asphyxia?

I am going to Palau on Saturday, I won't have internet.

though I have been planning a mafia game where the players are nations and rogue states.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

*reads PM*

a hahahahahahhaahaha

gently caress you all I'm going overseas.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

Did you... did you vote before knowing which faction you're in?? :psyduck:

of course

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Oh god I'm in tears.

:roflolmao:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Plotterboy posted:

Eh gently caress it. Not worth the pissing around. And voting for him is likely to cause a meltdown anyway

##vote Anidav

Suspicious bandwaggoning. Flagged.

:marc:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Seagull posted:

i spent twenty minutes searching for "transformers bird shrugging" and this post should elucidate how successful that endeavour was

just put a prime head on it.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav posted:

Transformers has far deeper lore than I anticipated

And its circular, closed loop time travel.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Plotterboy posted:

##unvote

[b]##vote Seagull/b]

can't even vote correctly Madame Speaker. this man has no place in a functional democracy.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav posted:

Don't worry, human politics is of no concern to us until we get off this ship.

Are we all Autobots in the normal timeline or are the Predacons getting off early to do their earth prehistory bit?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

wait, we're Predacons the prehistory deceptacons? who were the Autobots.?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Dinobots.

but Primes prehistory form was an Ape.

that makes no sense

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

black_tangled posted:

Kommando has a real thing for voting plotterboy

You're next

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav posted:

I know my last game was bad and I hosed up but can we please not let the human version of me kill the robot version of me? It plays right into the hands of the intruders. Even robots make mistakes. Let me redeem myself so we can all get off this spaceship alive.

I stand with Anidav. He is of noble Autobot spirit and possesses within him the brilliance of the Allspark. He may be annoying, but so isnt Wheelie or Hot Shot?

Look within yourselves and ask, is this the right thing to do?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

well thats convincing

But just to cover my bases so people dont think im a weathervane.

##unvote
##vote Avshalom
##unvote
##vote bell jar
##unvote
##vote Bifauxnen
##unvote
##vote black_tangled
##unvote
##vote Fruity Gordo
##unvote
##vote GoldStandardConure
##unvote
##vote Gough Suppressant
##unvote
##vote Harold Krell
##unvote
Kommando Lol, dont vote for yourself, thats silly
##vote Lid
##unvote
##vote Matthew Beet
##unvote
##vote MC Eating Disorder
##unvote
##vote Milky Moor
##unvote
##vote Mithranderp
##unvote
##vote Plotterboy
##unvote
##vote rudatron
##unvote
##vote Seagull
##unvote
##vote SKY COQ
##unvote
##vote Small Keating
##unvote
##vote Splode
##unvote
##vote thatbastardken
##unvote
##vote Those On My Left
##unvote
##vote Tirade
##unvote
##vote Tommofork
##unvote
##vote webmeister
##unvote
##vote Ironic Sex Tourist

##unvote

##vote Anidav

/me hits Votecounter in the votes, doing 9999 damage.
*votecounter dies*

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Gough Suppressant posted:

oh my god how dare you vote for me I will literally kill you

Fruity, how did you get Goughs login?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

MC Eating Disorder posted:

*highlights beet's cell and types "A LITTLE TOO HELPFUL HM????"*

Ironic Beet Criminal

Ironside.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav posted:

Is this really the Autobot way, guilty until proven innocent? Let me prove myself of value, before lunacy and mass hysteria send us all to the scrap heap.

sorry

##unvote

##vote Lid
posting megatron

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

shut up

Look at this scum everybody!! if he was backpedalling any harder he would be a bicycle transformer

You're right!!

##unvote

##vote Ironic Sex Tourist

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I like this Harold chap, hes funny.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mithranderp posted:

I think that's actually the first time anyone's actually voted for me in mafia. Does that make me a real player now? :3

Nah but realtalk we have to lynch day one. I have seen the light allspark. I'd probably rather get rid of Harold but as it stands now, looks like ##vote Anidav is the way to go.

##vote mithranderp

voting for Anidav. late bandwagon. Autobot that doesn't own a car. Religious epiphany. white noise. Give way to pedestrians tax.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Splode posted:

Posts like these are the other reason to vote Anidav. Only you can prevent shiposting ITT.

I had a friend in Brisbane (echo)
A special friend in Brisbane (echo)
Decided that he’d send me (echo)
A parcel in the post (echo)
His father said he’d buy it (echo)
His mother said she’d wrap it (echo)
His brother said he’d mail it (echo)
But have you ever tried to send Anidav
Anidav through the post?
A hooda hudda hooda hudda hooda ha
A hooda hudda hooda hudda hoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECLaSBk7xXU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Splode posted:

Kommando, why are you so pointedly not voting for Anidav? I've seen you throw your votes at p. much everyone else (ignoring your votefinder abuse post).

Because ive been pressganged into a mafia game and i need to get myself killed before Saturday night.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Avshalom posted:

even if he doesn't intend to be, for all intensive purposes harold is a perfect decoy for scum so maybe it's better to get him out of the way instead

For
all
intents
and
purposes

##unvote
##vote Avshalom
ignorance of idioms.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

can I get a vote count? how do I do that?

Votecount for Day 1

Anidav (9): SKY COQ, Those On My Left, Splode, Avshalom, Plotterboy, Plotterboy, bell jar, Gough Suppressant, Kommando, Fruity Gordo, Kommando, Kommando, Mithranderp, Kommando, Lid
black_tangled (1): Small Keating, Kommando, Kommando
Avshalom (1): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Mithranderp (1): Kommando, Kommando, Bifauxnen, Kommando, Kommando
Matthew Beet (1): GoldStandardConure, Kommando, Kommando
Milky Moor (1): Seagull, Kommando, Kommando
Seagull (1): Plotterboy, Kommando, Kommando
Kommando (1): Matthew Beet, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Those On My Left (0): Kommando, Kommando
Small Keating (0): Kommando, Kommando
Splode (0): Kommando, Kommando
Bifauxnen (0): Kommando, Kommando
Harold Krell (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Kommando, Kommando
Tommofork (0): Kommando, Kommando
Lid (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
GoldStandardConure (0): Kommando, Kommando
SKY COQ (0): Kommando, Kommando
MC Eating Disorder (0): Kommando, Kommando
Tirade (0): Kommando, Kommando
webmeister (0): Kommando, Kommando
bell jar (0): Kommando, Kommando
rudatron (0): Kommando, Kommando
Plotterboy (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Gough Suppressant (0): Kommando, Kommando
thatbastardken (0): Kommando, Kommando
Fruity Gordo (0): Lid, Kommando, Kommando, Lid

Not Voting (10): Anidav, black_tangled, Harold Krell, MC Eating Disorder, Milky Moor, rudatron, thatbastardken, Tirade, Tommofork, webmeister

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 21st, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 7 hours, 11 minutes.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Its not even that I don't believe you, you haven't done anything to set my radar off yet but given that its unlikely we're going to get any evidence to form a rational conclusion on day one, and seeing as you are a pretty easy target, I'm just surprised you haven't accepted it yet.

Also not voting for anidav isn't really as suspicious as you might think, realistically if he is town, there's no good reason for scum to bother to try and split the vote on day 1 if its obvious that we're going to vote anidav.
real posting not noise.

this italicised bit throws up some alarm.
"resign yourself", this is a statement not by a townie. this is a between gritted teeth threat. "just let the knife into your chest. it is inevitable."
amongst all the noise, mine included, we have MC Eating Disorder telling Anidav that he's going to die. not because it's a good strategy, not because he will be vindicated or for the good of the town, but because he is helpless.

Watching Anidav from a GMs perspective in my game, this is not how he behaved when he was going down and guilty.

You are all poking him to get a reaction, a meltdown for funnies. And it's hard to sift the people doing it for lols and those who are helping the town send an innocent to his death for sinister purposes.

MC Eating Disorder has bared his teeth here.

The sly grin of a villain.

##unvote

##vote MC Eating Disorder

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

GoldStandardConure posted:

Anidav are you going to go Chernobyl on us?

Please?
as above.
For funnies

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

so far the only two people I have any reason to believe are scum at all are GSC (voted for beet, the strongest town player) and ironic sex tourist (voted for someone for what seemed like absolutely no reason) and even then I'm not nearly sure enough about either of those two to make any kind of an accusation
, and I've got a job interview to go to, since I don't know how long I'm going to be gone for I'm just going to ##vote anidav (sorry dude, its for the good of the town!)

If there's no hammer by the time I get back and ongoing developments I'll consider switching but I'm pretty happy with my decision for now

This is a tactic discussed a lot in scum docs, one of these people will be scum, setting up a bus or misdirected suspicion, to evidence 'I'm a good guy'. But always prefaced with "I don't know for sure" hue hue don't blame me...

Town don't need to cover their tracks with "I'm just an townie in the dark like you." it's a pretty plain and guilty scum tell.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

Dead man dancing on the end of a rope

and there's the other "it is inevitable".

MC Eating Disorder and Ironic Sex Tourist.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

lol ok is this because I accused you of loving with the vote finder to muddy the waters? Thats a lot of effort to go to for a fairly innocuous attempt to point out what I thought was pretty obvious
No, its because you've outed yourself, not as a dumb townie whos going along for larks, but a savage whos satisfied with the direction of the bandwagon.

Being a retard with votefinder is just noiseposting. i was happy to noisepost my way to death because i legit cannot follow this long-rear end game to its conclusion and will just blither poo poo until i board a plane on saturday to a land of white sand beaches and no internets.

that is until i got snagged on a proud nail. Your post. Screaming out "I am playing as scum".

I definitely feel comfortable accusing kommando of being scum after he

a) spammed up the thread AND the votefinder

AND

b) zeroed in on me for what I think is a weak reason, but that's not really surprising and there's STILL not really enough evidence in my mind to vote based on anything other than gut instincts because its day 1 and anidav is just a good scapegoat for a huge game that really needs to get a quick lynch off to get some bearings

Of course you would think its a weak reason, you're prosecuting it. But town are unaffiliated and know they have no information, but scum need to reassure, not so much for others but themselves. Its conceptually difficult to pretend to know nothing when you actually do.

The game does not need a quick lynch, the rules state that the person at the end of the day with the most votes will be killed, this could happen with 1 vote all day and at 9pm that person dies. The game will not resume until 9am the next day and so hammering early robs us of discussion and sluthing. And any incidental funnies along the way. However early hammering of scapegoats works in scum favor.
Believe it or not but when you go back over first day posts (Or read as a GM), people let on a lot more than they believe, earlier someone mentioned a nursebot with breasts, then someone mentioned their 'breasts' having a hunch. Watch closely and people will outright tell you what they are or what their flavor is on day 1. I've already done it. It wouldnt take much research to find what character i'm playing.

And you've told me yours.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

SKY COQ posted:

4 votes to get rid of Anidav. Think of the energon we could harvest from his scrap.

Lid posted:

Literal decepticon think here.

3rd scum possibly spotted.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Fruity Gordo posted:

no you need to have 14 votes for a lynch at the end of the day. where did people get this dumb idea that you can lynch without a majority jfc

gotta put my vote back now lol ##vote anidav

Asphyxious posted:

Days are 12 hours long. From 9am to 9pm.
Day 1 will start once we've got enough people and I've got my poo poo together.
At the end of the day, if someone has a majority of ##votes as in the default setting, they will be scrapped.

This is what led me to think that.

italicised part has been added later by Phyx.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Fruity Gordo posted:

i was thinking about this earlier and basically came to the same conclusion. you can't add in a townie who is gonna get modkilled later in the game without disadvantaging the town and i reckon gaspy would have considered that

and yeah, kommando is pinging my scumdar p hard and this is precisely why it's good to keep the thread open

having said all that, i only vaguely suspect kommando is scummy, whereas i am absolutely convinced that anidav is a liability, so i aint gonna change my vote

Gaspy has not run a game before and asked for my advise. Dont assume he knows what he is doing or that this game is in any way balanced.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Hidden in the middle of a bunch of poo poo is an outright lie, see you later dude

Its a pretty scum call to label misinterpretation with lying.

Made only more rich coming from you.

I've made my case, keep tredding on that rake.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Actually.

Asphyxious, please clarify what you mean by the lynching rules.

Is it Majority or Plurality as described earlier?

Majority with hammer, or Plurality with hammer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Fruity Gordo posted:

wait so how much did you know about the mechanics of this game before you were added in?!

Nothing about the setup, other than it was Transfomers themed.

I bookmarked the thread and read the OP, but otherwise avoided the game until this morning as i was going o/s and couldnt dedicate time to it.

• Locked thread