Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I'm in!

I bought PMs for mafia. It's technically possible to play without them if the host is willing to accommodate you, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anidav posted:

Vote finder isn't even setup properly yet. Do you really want a ball rolling before players have woken up, isn't that what your former comrades did last game? You would want to avoid acting so similar, right?

Beet, your wise posts might be used as a weapon on this day.

Oh god you're posting like this already.

A promise is a promise

##vote Anidav

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Didn't starscream get thrown out of the decepticons for being incompetent?

I don't really know, I was born in '93. This poo poo is before my time

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

you have to bold your vote for it to work

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Avshalom posted:

you ruin everything

don't edit your posts

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Those On My Left posted:

don't edit your posts

:drat:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Avshalom posted:

i have my spreadsheet all set up and am ready to be a hero

with 26 players I'm considering setting one up too :gonk:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Tommofork posted:

I don't even know what to track at the moment.

Posting frequency. Who's posting, who isn't posting. This early, with gently caress all at stake, it might give us a hint about who is laying low and who is legitimately busy later on.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Avshalom posted:

i feel obligated to shitpost a lot because people will get suspicious if someone's uncharacteristically quiet, and, well

how do I view this?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

This is the dumbest and best day 1 I have ever seen. well done gaspy.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Tommofork posted:

Ideally there would be more discussion or more accusations being thrown around but there's nothing to go on,

That being said, questions for Sky Coq, TOML, Splode:

1) are you open to changing your votes?
2) what's your D2 plan if Anidav flips town?
3) why Anidav if not Harold if you're voting based on the last game?

1) yes, if I get a very good reason
2) Continue on. He's a liability as town, see past games
3) Harold was annoying, but ultimately irrelevant. Anidav cost town the entire game.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anidav posted:

Is this really the Autobot way, guilty until proven innocent? Let me prove myself of value, before lunacy and mass hysteria send us all to the scrap heap.

Posts like these are the other reason to vote Anidav. Only you can prevent shiposting ITT.

Who the gently caress is Ironic Sex Tourist?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Harold Krell posted:

It's funny that you say this despite the fact you were equally as worthless. :rolleyes:

Mate.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

You two are awful

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Tommofork posted:

I think at this point it's clear anidav is getting lynched, so if he was scum his teammates would throw him under a bus. I think anidav's only chance of survival is harold showing up today and pissing the thread off even more than anidav does.

Luckily...

If this happens we'll need to ignore Harold for a day, lynch Anidav, then lynch Harold, who is either scum or assisting scum through incredible incompetence.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anidav posted:

Mills is rolling in his grave.

Did he just read your effort in the last game? :allears:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Kommando, why are you so pointedly not voting for Anidav? I've seen you throw your votes at p. much everyone else (ignoring your votefinder abuse post).

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Lid posted:

Look at these loving drive by voting lurkers backing each other, and confusingly IST voting for someone based on Fruity's posting... when Fruity hadn't yet posted in the thread so they got ahead of themselves in their off-forum PMs. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

##vote Ironic Sex Tourist

fruity said he was a big dumb weenie in the last game. 1/10 Sherlocks for you.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Kommando posted:

For
all
intents
and
purposes

##unvote
##vote Avshalom
ignorance of idioms.

Read the last game. Avshalom was making a joke at Harold's expense, dork.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Harold Krell posted:

I call bullshit on that and here are the reasons why:

1) You have a really lovely playing style that's really off-putting to everyone, so you're not exactly persuading me with that response.
2) I've seen you play before and you have horrible instincts about everything. Like over 75% of the time, you say something and then by the next ten posts, there are three people who end up disproving it.
3) You're irritating. It had to be said, so there it is. I have yet to hear anyone throughout this game say anything nice about you.
4) The way you word your posts makes it not only bothersome to read, but they're barely comprehensible, so you're wrong in that regard, too.

I could go on and on and on, but I believe these points are enough to justify my argument.

Harold Krell has gone full Scanner Darkly and is posting about himself.

Also sorry about a billion posts replying to poo poo from three pages ago, but y'know, you guys post fast and lots.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Kommando posted:

real posting not noise.

this italicised bit throws up some alarm.
"resign yourself", this is a statement not by a townie. this is a between gritted teeth threat. "just let the knife into your chest. it is inevitable."
amongst all the noise, mine included, we have MC Eating Disorder telling Anidav that he's going to die. not because it's a good strategy, not because he will be vindicated or for the good of the town, but because he is helpless.

Watching Anidav from a GMs perspective in my game, this is not how he behaved when he was going down and guilty.

You are all poking him to get a reaction, a meltdown for funnies. And it's hard to sift the people doing it for lols and those who are helping the town send an innocent to his death for sinister purposes.

MC Eating Disorder has bared his teeth here.

The sly grin of a villain.

##unvote

##vote MC Eating Disorder

Kommando you are tripping every one of my scum alarms with your weird and flimsy accusations.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I definitely feel comfortable accusing kommando of being scum after he

a) spammed up the thread AND the votefinder

AND

b) zeroed in on me for what I think is a weak reason, but that's not really surprising and there's STILL not really enough evidence in my mind to vote based on anything other than gut instincts because its day 1 and anidav is just a good scapegoat for a huge game that really needs to get a quick lynch off to get some bearings

your fates are sealed together at this point. if you flip town, Kommando is scum (and vice vercae).

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Those On My Left posted:

i'll be super impressed if anyone can spot a scum stepping on a rake today. i mean i see your point and generally i think you're absolutely right but holy poo poo is posting overload in here today

it's more that we can catch them stepping on a rake in a few days by cross-examining people's old posts

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Kommando posted:

No, its because you've outed yourself, not as a dumb townie whos going along for larks, but a savage whos satisfied with the direction of the bandwagon.

Being a retard with votefinder is just noiseposting. i was happy to noisepost my way to death because i legit cannot follow this long-rear end game to its conclusion and will just blither poo poo until i board a plane on saturday to a land of white sand beaches and no internets.

that is until i got snagged on a proud nail. Your post. Screaming out "I am playing as scum".

Of course you would think its a weak reason, you're prosecuting it. But town are unaffiliated and know they have no information, but scum need to reassure, not so much for others but themselves. Its conceptually difficult to pretend to know nothing when you actually do.

The game does not need a quick lynch, the rules state that the person at the end of the day with the most votes will be killed, this could happen with 1 vote all day and at 9pm that person dies. The game will not resume until 9am the next day and so hammering early robs us of discussion and sluthing. And any incidental funnies along the way. However early hammering of scapegoats works in scum favor.
Believe it or not but when you go back over first day posts (Or read as a GM), people let on a lot more than they believe, earlier someone mentioned a nursebot with breasts, then someone mentioned their 'breasts' having a hunch. Watch closely and people will outright tell you what they are or what their flavor is on day 1. I've already done it. It wouldnt take much research to find what character i'm playing.

And you've told me yours.

This is wrong Kommando.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Small Keating posted:

I actually agree with Kommando here. Cheeky attempt by Coq to increase the bandwagon's momentum.

##unvote

##vote Sky Coq

Really? reeaally?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

SKY COQ posted:

It was a joke. I've posted my reasons for wanting to continue the momentum above - worried about complacency getting us a no-lynch.

Yeah It's such a weak argument that it really draws negative attention to Small Keating.

I originally suspected Kommando was scum, but instead I think he's just trying to stir poo poo up, as he has less of a stake in the game. This should actually be a pretty useful thing for us, we have a suicidal inquisitor who might provoke some interesting reactions.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

Not necessarily. Beet and I (and Anidav I guess) certainly proved that wrong in just the last game. This is a bad assumption to make.

Yeah, you're right. To be fair, that was my assumption reading page 10, but I prefer TOML's theory that Kommando is some sort of rogue operator. Doesn't explain his weird fixation on MC being scum though.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Mithranderp posted:

Yeah, sometimes it can just be like four confused townies just duking it out.

haha don't I know it :sweatdrop:

Fruity Gordo posted:

whatchoo mean 'we' bub? youre still voting for beet

Nice pick!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Seagull posted:

This isn't exactly watertight I mean my vote's still up for milkman when I've been going hard at Anidav.

No, but it's something. Especially as beet is well known as being one of the stronger players, and a scum magnet as a result.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

rudatron posted:

what are you talking about? It's always important, I for one want town to actually win.

Everyday should have a lynch, but the lynch has to be the person with the highest chance of being scum. And frankly, you're looking a little suspect.

Then vote Anidav. You'll regret it later if you don't!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Not being able to get enough votes for a hammer, and not lynching as a result, is how mafia works. If you change that everything goes out the window.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

bell jar posted:

nope, my strategy is consistent and obvious, i don't care about this game, i care about having fun and enjoying myself, and running a meaningless anti anidav campaign based on nothing is fun as hell

We can turbo lynch milky next and the in-character posting menace will be gone forever

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

this game is hard

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Lid posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695636&userid=202078

Behold the epic of replying a lot and saying nothing at all.

##vote Splode

Ok my theories are bad, but they're not "nothing at all", gosh

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Lid posted:

Your theories so far have been "vote Anidav" and "I don't think Kommando is scum (in essence)". Neither of these qualify as one is just lol anidav and the other is "here's my strongly held view about why a poster isn't scum but is acting scummy" which only serves to be a long winded way of saying "I think they're town". It's scummy behaviour as you are posting a lot but absolutely not saying anything of merit of your own, and even your Kommando was just you agreeing with someone else.

Actually, I said Kommando WAS acting scummy, but his whole "I'm off Saturday, so I don't care" thing means it probably isn't relevant. You also missed me pointing fingers at Small Keating, for agreeing with Kommando's garbage arguments. You're just still mad about irc.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

yep lol

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

bell jar posted:

its over his posts this game hth

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Lid posted:

Kid if i wanted to include things from outside the fame i would have. I'm voting you because you're scummy and when confronted are not defensive as much as being someone revelling in drama. Its a game bro, learn to take a vote as perhaps about your posting and not a personal affront.

:ironicat:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Mithranderp posted:

Killing anidav won't really tell us anything:

1. If Anidav is scum, there will be scum in the vote who piled on to make themselves look town. There will be town who protested because they don't want to vote Anidav for no reason.
2. If Anidav is town, there will be scum who protested against the lynch to make themselves look town, AND because no lynch day 1 is good for scum. There will be plenty of town who voted for Anidav because he is distracting/bad for town even if he's town.

That being said, I think we should still vote Anidav because he's our best chance of a conviction on day one, and there is at least a chance that we'll end up voting a scum out day one :) unless someone has more concrete evidence in favour of voting for someone else.

voting for Anidav can be justified because

- he's a bad player and regardless of alignment will get town killed
- people have 16 pages worth of stuff they otherwise wouldn't have posted, that can be examined later for CLOOOZ
- he's posting in character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Tommofork posted:

Kommando seems to be turboflinging poo poo at the wall so I have a healthy amount of scepticism for his theories.

he seems to have stopped doing that (after being called out on it) and is now gunning for MC exclusively

• Locked thread