Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Royal Rumble Results

Pre-Show Match
Tyson Kidd and Cesaro defeated The New Day(Kofi Kingston and Big E) via pinfall after a springboard diving elbowdrop.

The Ascension(Konnor and Viktor) defeated The New Age Outlaws(Road Dogg and Billy Gunn) via pinfall after Fall of Humanity.

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
The Usos(Jimmy and Jey Uso) defeated The Miz and Damien Mizdow via pinfall with a Superfly Splash to retain their Tag Team Titles.

The Bella Twins(Nikki and Brie Bella) defeated Natalya and Paige via pinfall after a running forearm shot.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
Brock Lesnar defeated Seth Rollins and John Cena via pinfall after an F-5 to Rollins to retain his WWE Heavyweight Championship in a very good match.

THE ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH
WINNER: ROMAN REIGNS BY LAST ELIMINATING RUSEV.
During the Rumble, The Rock saved Roman Reigns from Big Show and Kane after Reigns had eliminated both. The Rumble ended with the crowd booing Reigns for he was not Daniel Bryan. Just like last year when Batista was booed for not being Daniel Bryan.

Rumble Breakdown

code:
Entry	Wrestler    Eliminated     Eliminator           Time    Eliminations

1	The Miz	             1	   Bubba Ray Dudley     04:00	0
2	R-Truth	             2	   Bubba Ray Dudley     04:11	0
3	Bubba Ray Dudley     3	   Bray Wyatt	        04:43	2
4	Luke Harper	     4	   Bray Wyatt	        04:19	0
5	Bray Wyatt	     24	   Big Show & Kane	47:10	6
6	Curtis Axel	     --	   Attacked by Erick Rowan before entering the ring(Rowan Eliminated by Bray Wyatt along with Harper)
7	The Boogeyman	     5	   Bray Wyatt	        00:47	0
8	Sin Cara	     6	   Bray Wyatt	        00:37	0
9	Zack Ryder	     7	   Bray Wyatt	        00:33	0
10	Daniel Bryan	     11	   Bray Wyatt	        10:11	1
11	Fandango	     10	   Rusev	        07:36	0
12	Tyson Kidd	     8	   Daniel Bryan	        02:26	0
13	Stardust	     15	   Roman Reigns 	12:25	0
14	Diamond Dallas Page  9	   Rusev        	02:28	0
15	Rusev	             28	   Roman Reigns	        35:26	6
16	Goldust	             14	   Roman Reigns	        06:21	0
17	Kofi Kingston	     13	   Rusev                02:50	0
18	Adam Rose	     12	   Rusev                00:08	0
19	Roman Reigns	     --	   Winner	        27:38	6
20	Big E	             18	   Rusev                14:51	0
21	Damien Mizdow	     16	   Rusev                00:18	0
22	Jack Swagger	     20	   Big Show	        12:52	0
23	Ryback	             19	   Big Show & Kane	11:02	0
24	Kane	             26	   Roman Reigns	        16:58	4
25	Dean Ambrose	     25    Big Show & Kane	13:32	1
26	Titus O'Neil	     17    Ambrose & Reigns	00:04	0
27	Bad News Barrett     21    Dolph Ziggler        05:48	0
28	Cesaro	             22    Dolph Ziggler        04:54	0
29	Big Show	     27	   Roman Reigns  	08:26	5
30	Dolph Ziggler	     23	   Big Show & Kane	02:20	2
NXT TAKEOVER on February 11th

Grudge Match
Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens.

NXT Women's Title Fatal Fourway Match
Charlotte © vs. Bayley vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks

RAW RESULTS

Raw opens with the yearly Martin Luther King Jr video package. "Keep the Dream Alive!"

Roman Reigns is all over the opening Raw video package including the end.

The first segment of the night is Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman coming out to the ring. Heyman goes to do his spiel, but Brock grabs the microphone and demands Seth Rollins to come to the ring. Brock says he's ready to fight and when he's on Raw he means business. Brock does a countdown waiting for Seth and crowd counts along, but no Seth Rollins, instead its Triple H. Triple H says this was all a big mistake and to be fair Brock started it. HHH says him, Paul and Brock will go backstage, throw Brock a steak and so Paul and HHH can go over this like businessmen. Brock throws Paul the world title and asks HHH if he's here to fix things or fight, which pops the crowd. Stephanie McMahon comes out with Big Show and Kane in tow. Seth Rollins pops up on the titantron to talk trash about Brock, calling him a caveman. Heyman tells Seth to shut up because the adults are talking. He begs the Authority to put a leash their puppy because if they don't Brock is gonna fix him and when Brock fixes things there will be bodies laying around all over. Heyman announces that Brock will retain as champion, Cena then comes out in a new baby blue shirt. He teases joining the Authority but then jokes that they should keep all the evil they are doing to him because it no longer bothers him. He says he's coming out as the new Champ yet again. He says the Authority is out of fire and are just a bunch of ashes now, so they are ash-holes. He goes to leave and then Steph brings him back out and brings up Dolph, Rowan, and Ryback being fired. The Authority call Cena a failure and fans don't like Cena anymore because he's a liar and a failure. Seth Rollins flubs a line about Cena "tucking his legs between his legs" and the crowd boo'd him and Cena then makes an rear end about him flubbing the line. Cena then makes an offer, at the Royal Rumble with the Triple Threat match if he wins they bring back Erick Rowan, Dolph Ziggler, and Ryback. Triple H laughs it off and instead say tonight Cena wrestles a match. If he win Rowan, Ryback, and Ziggler are back but if Cena loses he is out of the Triple Threat Match. However that match may or may not happen because its up to the WWE App to vote. This segment lasted 18 minutes apparently.

After a long time WWE finally brings back the "How to Download the WWE App" video which I am sure everyone missed and forgot how to do.

Bray Wyatt gets a jobber entrance. On Smackdown on Thursday it will be Kane vs. Daniel Bryan and if Bryan loses that match he will be out of the Royal Rumble. The match barely gets started when loving Kane comes out to cause the inevitable DQ finish. DURING THE COMMERCIAL BREAK ON THE WWE APP: Daniel Bryan had Bray in the Yes! Lock and missed a Diving Headbutt and missed one of his running corner dropkicks. Kane rakes Daniel Bryan's eyes and Bray hits the Sister Abigail on Bryan to win as the crowd instantly deflates. Kane then chokeslams Bryan and hits the worst looking ground and pound punches I've seen.

WWE then shows a picture of fired wrestler Dolph Ziggler's tweet on screen. They come back from commercial and show one of fired wrestler Erick Rowan's tweets.

Triple H is backstage when The Outsiders, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall show up and joke about him being a suit still they say he should ditch the suit and go raise hell with them. HBK shows up and says that HHH should join him on the Legends Panel tonight, you know to get the real legends their drinks. HHH asks its all good fun messing with him because he's got a real job unlike hunting that HBK does. Nash then asks were X-Pac when "X-Pac" shows up doing suck it taunts over and over. The Real X-Pac shows up does the mirror gag with Damien Pacdow until Miz shows up and yells that he is his stunt double. Miz goes to too sweet Nash, but Nash just brushes his hair as Miz slinks away.

WWE showed a picture of fired wrestler Ryback's tweet on screen.

Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, and Ric Flair are out in the ring with the panel being moderated by Byron Saxton. He asks all three men if Cena should risk his WWE Title shot at the Royal Rumble. Ric Flair says no and Hogan and HBK say yes. They are then asked who should win the Rumble. HBK says Bray Wyatt, Hogan says Daniel Bryan, Ric Flair says Dean Ambrose. Big Show comes out, trash talks the legends and says no one can eliminate him in the Rumble because no one has thrown him over the ropes before. He demands the legends leave the ring. Ric Flair gets ready to fight, chops at Show a few times until he eats a WMD. HBK and Hogan attended to Ric Flair as Roman Reigns comes down a little too late to save the legends. Roman Reigns kicks Big Show's rear end and sends him running.

Renee Young is backstage with John Cena where they reveal that yes they want John Cena to wrestle for Ryback, Rowan, and Ziggler's jobs back even though he can be out of the WWE Championship match. Cena's opponent is still unknown, but it's probably Seth Rollins or a handicap match. Congratulations on your jobs back Rowan, Ryback, and Ziggler! :toot:

Dean Ambrose beat Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett. The commentary kept playing up an injured knee but I don't think Dean played it up too much. I didn't really pay attention to this match to be honest.

WWE finally airs the Royal Rumble by the Numbers video. That uh, the WWE panned to the crowd for some reason while everyone was checking their phones or coming back to their seats for.

The New Day w/ Xavier Woods vs. Cesaro & Tyson Kidd w/ Adam Rose and Natalya ends when Kofi Kingston rolls up Csaro after some communication with Kidd and Cesaro. New Day danced with the Rosebuds which made Adam Rose mad.

NWO of Hall, Nash, and X-Pac come out and say a bunch of catchphrase then put over the WWE and the Attitude Era. Suddenly the Illuminati comes out with the New World Order. The Ascension talk crap about the NWO being old dogs needing to be put out. They start popping out lovely rhyming catchphrases. For some reason the Ascension shits on the Outsiders for being WCW dudes? JBL stands up from the announce table pissed off and calls out the Ascension, JBL reveals his APA shirt and the crowd goes wild for him and Ron Simmons to save the NWO. The NWO and the APA surround the Ascension and out comes the New Age Outlaws to join in the rear end kicking parade against the Ascension. the Outlaws lay down the Ascension and JBL murders Viktor with the Clothesline from Hell as all the old tag teams stand tall over the young team just called up from NXT.

The Authority announce that John Cena's opponents are, with a live drum roll, it is Seth Rollins, Big Show, and Kane. Surprise! Triple H and Stephanie will be ringside for the death of John Cena's career. A bugle player comes out and plays that one sad song you know they play at funeral services.

Paige and Natalya defeat Summer Rae and Alicia Fox. The Bella Twins were on commentary and hit on JBL for some reason. At the Royal Rumble its announced that the Bellas will take on Paige and Nattie in a tag match. Not even a Diva's title match on the PPV. There were audible CM Punk chants during this match and I don't know if its a first in awhile.

6-Man Elimination Tag Match with the New Day vs. Cesaro/Kidd/Rose is announced for the pre-show!

Rusev submits R-Truth even though Truth had his full rap entrance. New Linear Champ!!!

Brock Lesnar runs into Seth Rollins again. Brock says he won't hurt him now, because he wants Cena out of the title match and hopes Seth can get the job done. Because once Seth takes out Cena then Brock has Seth as his little play toy come the Royal Rumble. Brock leaves and this has visibly worried Seth Rollins.

Jey Uso beats The Miz again because Mizdow was goofing off. It is the Usos vs. Miz/Mizdow yet again at Royal Rumble for the Tag Team titles.

WWE calls you an idiot for the second time tonight if you don't buy the WWE Network and buy the Royal Rumble PPV on cable or satellite if they still carry it.

John Cena vs. The Authority ended how you expected with a lot of interference and an angry Triple H and Stephanie McMahon when Sting appeared on the WWE's titantron and made his way to the ring from gorilla position so that Cena could steal the victory by rolling up Seth Rollins. This got Rowan, Ryback, and Ziggler their jobs back as Cena celebrates in the crowd. Triple H freaked out at ring side shouting Sting's name. Suddenly Brock Lesnar's music hits and Brock rushes to the ring taking out Seth, Big Show, and Kane. Brock tackles Seth to the ground as Kane and Big Show try fighting him off. Brock F-5's Kane and spears Seth Rollins. Big Show tries saving Rollins only to get F-5'd too. Seth's security pulls him out of the ring as the rest of the Authority not murdered by Brock hightails it out of the arena while Brock stands tall to end Raw.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jan 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Beef Waifu posted:

BUHHHHH-ROOOOOOCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
I wish Sting would do more.

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!
Sting! It's Sting! Sting is here!

now he's gone.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That show made me laugh a bunch.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Waifu posted:

k

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
I'm seeing double here, eight Usos!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dario the Wop posted:

I wish Sting would do more.

If the entire run of Sting's WWE career ends up being trolling Triple H and then leaving before Hunter can do anything about it but piss and moan, then I'd be fairly satisfied.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
So I don't think they buried Daniel Bryan's chances of winning the Rumble, I mean they are just setting up the story that he has to fight the Authority again to win that belt right? Right? :ohdear:

Hopefully Bryan beats the poo poo out of Kane on Smackdown to earn that Rumble spot.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

Terrible Raw with Bryan and Lesnar doing their best to save it but they can only do so much.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sting was rad in 1992, and is equally rad in his current role here in 2015.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Brock Lesnar is cool and good.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I missed Sting and am mad.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Beef Waifu posted:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
WWE Discussion is chanting SAPAHDAGAN for 1/19

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
lovely Raw overall but a great finish.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

So I don't think they buried Daniel Bryan's chances of winning the Rumble, I mean they are just setting up the story that he has to fight the Authority again to win that belt right? Right? :ohdear:

I'd say that's exactly what they're doing - the Authority are focused on Cena (and now Brock... and also now Sting!) but they have decided to make a point of sidelining Bryan before he can get into a position to derail their plans like last year, and I'm hoping that's going to end up with Bryan slipping in under their focus and ending up in the main event of Mania while they stand around going,"How the gently caress did he....?"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
10/10 Raw, still as good as it is every week. Greatest show still runnin on the network today.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Beef Waifu posted:

It was only a picture.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sting owns, Brock almost killed Rollins, CENAWINZ, and the Ascension got embarrassed faster than anybody I can remember who made their debut a month before

A Rare Good Raw

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Best raw in a while, laughed, marked for jbl, got to see brock plus a bunch of cool old guys

gently caress the ascension, seeing them get owned by the dudes was cool

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the rumble is very soon

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

That show made me laugh a bunch.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

oatgan posted:

the rumble is very soon

despite making lots of stupid toxxes when i was angry and drunk i am very excited for the rumble

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I like how Roman has learned from Cena how to time making the save.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The Ascension thing was dumb, why was there no Harlem Heat reunion! :argh:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So I stopped watching WWE for like a month. How is the rumble shaping up?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Amazing

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

BigRed0427 posted:

What Rumble? Maybe you'd like to hear about John Cena's odds in that title match though?

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
What's everyone's favorite #AscensionMemories? Mine was when they got beat up by the nWo, the APA, and the New Age Outlaws.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

The Ascension vs. The New Age Outlaws

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Landstander posted:

What's everyone's favorite #AscensionMemories? Mine was when they got beat up by the nWo.

i liked when kevin nash danced while they got their rear end kicked

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Jetfire posted:

The Ascension vs. The New Age Outlaws

gently caress.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

I'd say that's exactly what they're doing - the Authority are focused on Cena (and now Brock... and also now Sting!) but they have decided to make a point of sidelining Bryan before he can get into a position to derail their plans like last year, and I'm hoping that's going to end up with Bryan slipping in under their focus and ending up in the main event of Mania while they stand around going,"How the gently caress did he....?"
I just hope Bryan wins because I love the feeling of vindication and optimisim winning out because goddamn sometimes yunz guys can be more cynical about wrestling than my parents thinking about the prospects about me getting into gradschool and not living as a 40 year old in their house.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The Landstander posted:

What's everyone's favorite #AscensionMemories? Mine was when they got beat up by the nWo, the APA, and the New Age Outlaws.

I liked when Finn Balor made his crazy monster cosplay entrance and it cut to Konnor making confused shifty eyes.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

BigRed0427 posted:

Terrible, they're shoving Roman Reigns down our throats when he's no where near ready to be the star WWE wants him to be. For a couple weeks I was hoping Daniel Bryan could still win the Rumble, but not after today's Raw with him just getting stiffed once again by Kane.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

WWE is bad and they are about the turn the Royal Rumble into a permanent disaster where fans expect to boo everything.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Sounds like I didn't miss much quitting after the Bryan loss, hope the Rumble is fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kevin Nash claiming credit for everything good to ever happen was the best part of the night.

• Locked thread