Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

Bryan will win the Rumble.

He will because there's no way Reigns can POSSIBLY get Big Show over the top rope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Rowan will win the Rumble.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bryan wins the Rumble after he absorbs Roman Reigns.

RIP Roman Reigns. Dead forever.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rhonne posted:

Out of all the old dudes who beat up the Ascension, which ones could probably still go? The Outlaws and X-pac?

Good news because they signed the NAO vs Ascension for the Royal Rumble!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

I mean, I want to give this company the benefit of the doubt with the finish to Bryan/Bray but I'm not in the mood.
Shawn vouched for Bryan in mid 2013. Undertaker asked to work with him at the end of the year.

Vince and HHH are terrible and deserve no benefit of the doubt when it comes to handling Bryan.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

ayn rand hand job posted:

I hope that match is just the NAO getting their poo poo kicked in just like at Mania last year. gently caress the NAO. Happy that Billy Gunn finally cut his hair though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ayn rand hand job posted:

I bet anything this is another five second squash match where Ascension basically say "when there's not 7 of you and you don't jump us we'll still kick your asses."

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

He will because there's no way Reigns can POSSIBLY get Big Show over the top rope.

Does this mean Cesaro will win the Royal Rumble?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

The Bee posted:

Cesaro wins, then trades the Mania title shot to Reigns for a brass ring.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TheJoker138 posted:

I bet anything this is another five second squash match where Ascension basically say "when there's not 7 of you and you don't jump us we'll still kick your asses."

And then they go beat the poo poo out of JBL.

...I can dream can't I?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Cesaro wins, then trades the Mania title shot to Reigns for a brass ring.

Rose, Cesaro, and Kidd doing the Sonic the Hedgehog gimmick, brother.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Why don't they just give the Yes catchphrase to Roman Reigns?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

The worst part of the show was the senior citizen brigade beat up two guys who debuted on tv three weeks ago. Like, the Ascension aren't good, but this loving burial is so emblematic of WWE's over-reliance on nostalgia acts and temp dudes at the expense of their actual current and future roster. It honestly felt like Vince booking out of spite. Just terrible.

Plus, I was like 8 the last time any of those old fucks were relevant, so it was just terrible stupid bullshit instead of beloved veterans putting those cocky youngsters in their place.

Um excuse you, the Outlaws will have won the tag belts exactly a year ago when their Rumble match happens

Shouldn't be posting here if you're 9

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ijii posted:

Terrible, they're shoving Roman Reigns down our throats when he's no where near ready to be the star WWE wants him to be. For a couple weeks I was hoping Daniel Bryan could still win the Rumble, but not after today's Raw with him just getting stiffed once again by Kane.

I don't think pushing Reigns as the next big thing is the problem so much as they're just trying to make him Cena jr since they can't understand any other mold for a top face.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

why dont the authority just fire Team Cena again

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Thauros posted:

I don't think pushing Reigns as the next big thing is the problem so much as they're just trying to make him Cena jr since they can't understand any other mold for a top face.
It's so obvious when it's pointed out but John Pollock blew my mind when he compared Reigns to Sheamus.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jan 20, 2015

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Why didn't the Authority make Cena withdrawing from the title match a requirement for reinstating Rowan & Company?

For people who supposedly hate Cena, they sure go out of their way to give him every opportunity to succeed.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

oatgan posted:

There's not enough time to set up a match with this stipulation of course!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

TheJoker138 posted:

Rose, Cesaro, and Kidd doing the Sonic the Hedgehog gimmick, brother.

Sonic Heroes for the tag team belts, breaking out their new finisher the Real Super Power of Friendship.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

oatgan posted:

In the late eighties, Jack Tunney introduced the "double jeopardy" rule into the WWE bureaucratic machine. It stated that any WWE authority gaining his/her powers from the central WWE agreement/charter were beholden to abide by stipulations offered by matches themselves. In the event that a stipulation resulted in the cancelling of a second stipulation, status quo is reached and the offending stipulation cannot be challenged again unless a majority vote by the championship committee. It's an old rule, but it checks out.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Shawn vouched for Bryan in mid 2013. Undertaker asked to work with him at the end of the year.

Vince and HHH are terrible and deserve no benefit of the doubt when it comes to handling Bryan.

True. That's why they get no good will from me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can we agree that that Reigns segment was pretty good and is exactly what WWE should've been doing this whole time and should never stop doing?

Also the tone of that ending really makes me wonder if they have Heyman turn on Brock to align with Rollins. That was face as gently caress, and the lack of Cena was weird.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Bee posted:

Sonic Heroes for the tag team belts, breaking out their new finisher the Real Super Power of Friendship.

Adam Rose collects all the Chaos Emeralds and turns into...Leo Kruger :getin:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

karmicknight posted:

In the late eighties, Jack Tunney introduced the "double jeopardy" rule into the WWE bureaucratic machine. It stated that any WWE authority gaining his/her powers from the central WWE agreement/charter were beholden to abide by stipulations offered by matches themselves. In the event that a stipulation resulted in the cancelling of a second stipulation, status quo is reached and the offending stipulation cannot be challenged again unless a majority vote by the championship committee. It's an old rule, but it checks out.

Funny Jack Tunney has gone too far this time, McMahon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dimebags Brain posted:

Why didn't the Authority make Cena withdrawing from the title match a requirement for reinstating Rowan & Company?

For people who supposedly hate Cena, they sure go out of their way to give him every opportunity to succeed.

Because they enjoy taunting the good guys with the hope that they can succeed and get things their way, because it thrills them all the more to then pull that hope away. Thus when their plans backfire they throw tantrums, because they never had any intention of giving the good guys what they wanted and now because of their own actions they have no choice but to do so.... though of course they'll never actually accept that they're the ones to blame.

Of course, the whole idea is that there is a big moment where things blow up in their face and the story comes to its conclusion, but with WWE they just continue the storyline long past its logical conclusion

oatgan posted:

Where's the fun (for the heels) in doing that when the faces are probably expecting it. They're interested in taking pleasure from screwing over the faces, but once they've done it once it's never as fun just doing the same thing again.

No, now that those guys are back, the Authority are going to want to make their lives a living hell to "teach them a lesson" for daring to not be fired anymore.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Can we agree that that Reigns segment was pretty good and is exactly what WWE should've been doing this whole time and should never stop doing?
You're not wrong, but I'm at the point of "Too late. gently caress 'em." They don't deserve credit for doing the best they can with booking that is tone deaf and insulting.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's more that the authority is unchanging and nothing they do or that is done to them actually matters a couple weeks. They've been around for about a year and a half and they haven't progressed a step. Get MORE evil or something I don't even care just do something new.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If The Authrority really wanted to beat Cena, they'd book him in a one-on-one no frills match against an over face. Putting him in handicap/gimmick matches against big show and kane is them begging for Cena to succeed.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Maybe these periodic firings can be the "off season" conscientious fans have been requesting for years. Thanks The Authority!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

You're not wrong, but I'm at the point of "Too late. gently caress 'em." They don't deserve credit for doing the best they can with booking that is tone deaf and insulting.

Sorry, not gonna agree, at least not in such a "forever and ever pee pee doo doo" way.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

remember when someone said "cotton-pickin'" on raw on martin luther king jr. day?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ijii posted:

Terrible, they're shoving Roman Reigns down our throats when he's no where near ready to be the star WWE wants him to be. For a couple weeks I was hoping Daniel Bryan could still win the Rumble, but not after today's Raw with him just getting stiffed once again by Kane.
Daniel Bryan is probably going to beat the poo poo out of Kane this Smackdown seeing how the stip is if he loses he's out of the Rumble. I mean I know :lol: who watches Smackdown, but at least they are giving a reason to watch the show.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

oatgan posted:

It's more that the authority is unchanging and nothing they do or that is done to them actually matters a couple weeks. They've been around for about a year and a half and they haven't progressed a step. Get MORE evil or something I don't even care just do something new.

What if they were to merge with Bray Wyatt and make some kind of satanic Authority Family, blending the evil of corporate america with that of the macabre?

Nah, would never work.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

What if they were to merge with Bray Wyatt and make some kind of satanic Authority Family, blending the evil of corporate america with that of the macabre?

Nah, would never work.

i'm not even big on bray wyatt but rehashing the corporate ministry is it least a step in any direction and something they've toyed with a couple times in the past

and i agree that it wouldn't work because The Corporate Ministry was sooooooooooooo bad with some top tier Russo segments

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

oatgan posted:

i'm not even big on bray wyatt but rehashing the corporate ministry is it least a step in any direction and something they've toyed with a couple times in the past

and i agree that it wouldn't work because The Corporate Ministry was sooooooooooooo bad with some top tier Russo segments

All I remember from it is the "it was me Austin!" segment, and them crucifying a bunch of people. Also promos with like, 20 guys standing in the ring.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6jsen_undertaker-attempts-embalm-stone-co_sport

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I didn't watch Raw did XPac say make some noise

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oatgan posted:

We must prepare for the arrival of our Hower Power.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

They had the best mashup theme ever though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZLwl6zZSI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

The Bee posted:

eliminated by a returning Heath Slater

• Locked thread