Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I hope they squash the Ascension and they go away to NXT forever.

I don't want the Ascension back in NXT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DeathChicken posted:

Cesaro is pretty much the only one on the roster I would trust to catch a 230 pound guy flipsydoodling off of a cage.

There was a gif of him saving one of Los Matadores from getting a nasty neck injury a while back.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Collusion in the Rumble is a heel move imo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oatgan posted:

cena/rusev is going to rule by the way

Cena still looks kinda bad but it might be good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Bigass Moth posted:

I hated the Titus spot. Why bother with that. Just bring out another old timer instead of a jobber with no chance.

i loved it because i was wondering what hosses were left and they kept bringing them out

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

pressedbunny posted:

Oh lord, I ust realised. They usually have the Rumble winner open the next night's Raw with a promo.

... They can't be that stupid, right? :ohdear:

It'll be Rock.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

So I haven't been watching in a couple of months, was that a Philly reaction or is Reigns that despised everywhere?

probably 60/40 but who knows

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the announcers trying to sell the end like it was a Stone Cold '97 moment was hilarious, by the way

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

heel turn posted:

WWE has completely removed the page you have to go through to cancel your network membership. Just a 404 error now.

it probably crashed, lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Good Listener posted:

Is there any chance that there could be something related to Curtis Axel never even entering due to Rowan that could cause some sort of troubles in the future? Or is he just automatically out due to not being able to compete?

No

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

achillesforever6 posted:

Really WWE going public kind of ruined it from a creative side of things because shareholders and investors are all cowards and want to play the safe option and want stuff that is created from soulless committee, basically what I'm saying is Roman is the F-35 of wrestling

It's kind of funny, I think the dynamic is that there's nobody in the company that the shareholders would actually be comfortable as the head of a large corporation, so they're fine with Vince since he's at least a proven quantity. .

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mister E posted:

Scripted Roman versus Paul motherfucking Heyman in promo battles is going to be the saddest thing to witness. Heyman is going to run circles around that poor guy.

Yeah what the hell, they can't have Rock out there every week

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

well i guess roman's run in ten years or so might be amazing

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

HogX posted:

My favorite thing about this is everyone screaming that wrestling is ruined, forever. It's good to me.

Also, I saw a .gif of DDP. Was he in a match or was it just him coming out and randomly diamond cuttering people?

the latter, and it was cool

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
btw I'm going to say that other than the Bryan/Reigns thing the Rumble was awesome because they started bringing hosses out and they DIDNT STOP

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I know I'm coming off like a huge apologist here but I legitimately think cancelling over the end of the rumble is gonna send a poo poo message if it does at all. Like, you guys remember how 90% of the PPV was great right? You really sure the best message is "ALL OF THIS WAS poo poo GET THIS OUT OF HERE"?

Ascension/NAO sucked, Mizdow/Usos was boring, Divas sucked.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cabbit posted:

Literally the only good match on that card was Lesnar/Cena/Rollins, and that had Cena in it so I can't even support that on principle. Like, the entire Mizdow match was purposefully NOT bringing in Sandow to spite the crowd.

well the point is to give him a hot tag, not to spite the crowd. I just thought it wasn't really exceptional, though the Usos are at least fun to watch usually.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TheOneTrueKing posted:

Better than Bo Dallas.

where was the super-hot Bo return, WWE???

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
B&V is up :toot:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nonsense posted:

Obviously preparing for the surprise Wrestlemania main event.

I Bolieve.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It's basically impossible and not even that exciting but I would have Bryan retire HHH. It's easy to write and they must get the meta heat away from making GBS threads on Reigns and everything.

They could always pay Brock to wrestle Bryan at Fastlane. :kiddo:

the most likely quick-fix is to have Fastlane be a match to determine who gets to be added to the WM main event, so I'm hoping for that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
millions (and millions) did not die

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Critical posted:

Can we also discuss how awful New Day is?

I have never heard such pure unadulterated disgust from an audience until Kofi and Big E hit the Rumble. It wasn't even really booing at first, just a huge collective groan, like the entire audience was going "Jesus Christ NO!" in unison.

maybe they should have won a single meaningful match during their push

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cornwind Evil posted:

...I try to remember, I'm not there.

I don't know what kind of man Vince McMahon is, or Paul Levesque, or Kevin Dunn. I am not a trained psychologist, I have never spoken to them or anyone who knows them. Hyperbole is a dangerous force: it has been suggested the reason Vlad Tepes has such a nasty reputation might be because a bunch of enemy propoganda (ie outright lies) got mixed in with history and presented as fact; it's true there are many stories, but I, or none of us, were there. It's the same reason trials are innocent until proven guilty and how poorly that works out when people ignore it (OJ Simpson comes to mind). I'm not there. I don't know what it's like to run the business, or answer to shareholders, or deal with the kind of people who are in that business.

I also remember the phrase 'Never attribute to malice what you can attribute to incompetence'. I try and keep my bad feelings separate from my thoughts, that virtually all mistakes are made in snap judgment heat of the moments.

And yet...even IF I cut away my rage, my smark frustration, even as I try to resist making a mountain out of a molehill and create a conspiracy theory out of incompetence....it won't go away.

Last year's Rumble. How Vince was so certain that Batista vs Orton would be great. How the crowd poo poo on it so hard that for once, they forced a change in plans. Vince, such an alleged control freak he becomes furious if he sneezes, forced to change his plans so his big 30th anniversary show wouldn't end in the crowd taking an even bigger steaming dump on it.

CM Punk quitting, and then months later raking Vince and co over the coals, and deservedly so. How Vince was supposedly saddened by this, but Triple H was furious, and that the pair always hated each other.

Philadelphia. A supersmark city. And that story of the time Stephanie supposedly called up and fired a writer six times because she felt he wasn't sufficiently upset by being fired.

Honestly...this whole show, despite my best efforts to be rational, reeks of intentional spite. Of angry manchildren unable to strike back at who they want to, so they punish the closest equivalent. Everything was purposely arranged to piss people off. Because the people in charge have to make sure everyone knows they have the power, just like when Dusty Rhodes was dressed in polka dots and WCW was buried and ECW was brought back in a purposely watered down form so the memories of the old ECW could be tainted.

I also think of that old phrase on Mythbusters, I reject your reality and substitute my own. It really seems like that's what Vince tried to do. Except reality isn't like that. Reality just IS, and it won't bend no matter how much he wants it too.

Guess ball's in our court now. If the crowds keep making GBS threads on Reigns and cheering Bryan...well, worked once.

let's go roman

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
haha, re-watching the Rumble and i love the Erik Rowan wine label sign someone has

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Reigns vs. Brock might still be a cool match.

not if it gets apathy for heat

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Thauros posted:

That's the other half of the equation people have been ignoring. Not only have they hosed up Reigns' babyface push, they've also basically turned Lesnar outright face. How the gently caress could they possibly expect the WM crowd to cheer for Reigns at this point?

I've got a feeling that there was always going to be a third man (since Roman is supposedly a face, and Lesnar is basically a face now, it'd have to be Rollins, right?), but maybe they prove me wrong.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also I want to see Seth Rollins become the first man to have his MITB case time out on him

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DeathChicken posted:

Man, they sure made a leap from "Dolph Ziggler has saved the WWE and his coworkers recognize him as a Big Thing" to "Dolph Ziggler is knocked unconscious and dumped out of the ring in like a minute" in the span of a couple of months.

Dolph Ziggler gets start-stop push, wrestling world is shocked and appaled

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the crowd reaction to the two New Day entries was something special, by the way. it was like, despair heat

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tato posted:

That's a good way to describe it. It's all so uncomfortable, I can't recall seeing a gimmick this bad in quite some time. From the weird pre-match banter and stuff that they try to force to no reaction, to the desperation in the ring as they try to get a chant going and NO ONE participates, it's all so sad. It's so embarrassing people can't even muster up a pity cheer for them, they just stare in silence.

Kofi's gimmick at this point is "guy who does cool poo poo that everyone loves at the Royal Rumble" and they got the crowd to boo his entrance

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Watching the Rumble again because I hate myself.
The crowd dies when Bryan is eliminated.
That is an Undertaker at Wrestlemania reaction and these fuckers fight it.

the absolute hatred that flares up when Ambrose gets thrown out to leave Kane, Show, and Reigns is fantastic, that's when the "BULLSHIT" and "WE WANT REFUNDS" chants start

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

triplexpac posted:

Oh and to bring up an old debate: I watched the Rumble with a buddy who hasn't watched any wrestling really. Almost immediately when he saw the New Day he said "wow that's pretty racist"

they aren't as racist as using R-Truth as the interchangeable black guy for D-Von

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

So did no one tell the twitter guy yet or...

they're just going to air the awkward Rock interview from the fallout show over and over again

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Yeah, that was pretty uncomfortable.

it was hilarious

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hammerstein posted:

Probably the same people who defended the Charlie Hebdo massacre, cause of "hurt feelings"...

The parallels between the Charlie Hebdo shooting and the 2015 Royal Rumble are pretty stark when you look at it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

achillesforever6 posted:

No see when HHH takes control things will get much better even though HHH loves big strong men just as much as Vince!!!

i mean Vince in his prime still loved big guys, but was also one of the best promoters in history so maybe it's not all hopeless

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lid posted:

How does he look now again?

Adrian Neville is the opposite of a prototypical big guy, come on

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Also if Raw is cancelled that means they only get three Raws to build Fast Lane. :lol:

oh no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Niwrad posted:

Bo Dallas and Big E were the last two NXT champs and they are as far down the card as you can get. So it's not like being NXT Champion means anything to them.

Bo Dallas is going to have an insanely hot return and at Fast Lane, he will be put into the Fast Lane... to the top of the card!

• Locked thread