Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

End of an era. Got a few free games out of it over the years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
I still have a Mario figurine from like 6 years ago. Luigi is missing his head and Bowser is missing an arm.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Oh no I was so close to plat

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Always felt the Club Nintendo was super subpar here in Australia the best reward I can recall is that SNES controller that plugged into your wiimote like a classic controller, and I missed it.

The only things I claimed is the Mario and Luigi hat pencil cases, I was gonna get the 3DS stand but Nintendo are teasing us with promises of something cool in the next few months?! (Probably Mario Party 10 playing cards)

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
yeah the past couple of years were kind of lackluster, but I'm glad i got in on those Hanafuda cards and that one year Plat users got clear Mario playing cards.

Wonder what the new program will be?

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Oh poo poo, this sucks. I liked getting free things.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
;_;

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I was more upset about Nintendo Power

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Something I forgot to say in the last post:

I'm actually sorta happy to get Flipnote Studio for free though!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i have a pile of codes to enter

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Club Nintendo has historically been poo poo in the UK, the good stuff always sold out in under 10 seconds thanks to having all of Europe to fight against for it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Average Bear posted:

you still got until march

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

They never remembered that there are more countries than a few first world ones so good riddance

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. :rolleyes:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

qnqnx posted:

They never remembered that there are more countries than a few first world ones so good riddance

If it ain't white it ain't right.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

so now what nintendo fun thing is Doc Lewis gonna tell Little Mac to join in the next Punch-Out game?

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

The only thing I got was three free issues of Nintendo Power back in the day.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Average Bear posted:

If it ain't white it ain't right.
they kept the long-standing tradition of keeping :iceland: out of every european offer thing ever

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
what a bummer

last year wasn't great for rewards though tbf. i've been sitting on a ton of coins for a long time i guess its time to blow through them

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
Sucks, but I think I've only really bothered to get one or two of the gifts and the end of the year platinum stuff. Hope whatever they got planned after this ends up being even better.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Average Bear posted:

Same here :(

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

it seems you can still register to get plat until the end of march, and also there will still be platinum prizes this year

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
230 coins to plat

maybe i'll go buy a lovely game or two from last year (captain toad and a 3ds game or something) just so i can get whatever the gift is gonna be when they shut this poo poo down

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

As a filthy south american this is the only club nintendo I knew

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
how appropriate that he is being air dropped in

the japanese know that no person would willingly place their feet on south american soil

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's a suicide attack

Nunca Olvidar :mexico:

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
I never bothered with this stuff but maybe I should try to use it before it goes away?
it's just like roms of random old game boy games or something right?
I have 3 boxed 3DS games with codes in them (the rest of my stuff is from eShop), can I expect to get anything from them?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

asvodel posted:

I never bothered with this stuff but maybe I should try to use it before it goes away?
it's just like roms of random old game boy games or something right?
I have 3 boxed 3DS games with codes in them (the rest of my stuff is from eShop), can I expect to get anything from them?

no you should give me your codes to dispose of

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

elf help book posted:

no you should give me your codes to dispose of

I unironically would give them to some random goon if there is nothing I care about on club nintendo
like how many 3DS game codes are worth one rom of an early 90s game for the game boy or whatever?

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

not doing one of the after play surveys is really dicking me over now because i have 110 coins to go.

i didn't think it was going to be a huge deal considering their upcoming release schedule but they wont be eligible for coins.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

asvodel posted:

I unironically would give them to some random goon if there is nothing I care about on club nintendo
like how many 3DS game codes are worth one rom of an early 90s game for the game boy or whatever?

depending on the game and your games you might not actually have enough

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I never used my points because the box just wouldn't feel complete without the manual and all the little inserts.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Heran Bago posted:

I never used my points because the box just wouldn't feel complete without the manual and all the little inserts.

i put the insert back in after i use the code....

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Heran Bago posted:

Are you under the impression that the paper disintegrates after you use the code? :confused:

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
So I should enter my huge stockpile of codes and cash out. Or hang onto them in case they can be used with the new rewards system? I'll probably just do the former and hope I can get some neat things.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hubris.height posted:

230 coins to plat

maybe i'll go buy a lovely game or two from last year (captain toad and a 3ds game or something) just so i can get whatever the gift is gonna be when they shut this poo poo down

capn toad is my friend gently caress you

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

crazkylo posted:

So I should enter my huge stockpile of codes and cash out. Or hang onto them in case they can be used with the new rewards system? I'll probably just do the former and hope I can get some neat things.

I think I read that they were planning on adding extra stuff to use your coins on so people can spend their remaining balances. That sounds like to me that they aren't going to transfer to the new system.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

elf help book posted:

depending on the game and your games you might not actually have enough

Never mind I didn't know that systems and eShop games do count. so I probably have enough to get platinum, may as well see what comes out for it this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Considering how shafted both Europe and North America got in comparison to Japan's Club Nintendo program, I'm looking forward to seeing the new customer benefit program.

• Locked thread