Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Ever enjoyed Legos as a kid? Building your own monstrosities and then throwing them at the wall to see how they break? Then this is the game for you. Robocraft gives you a Lego-Like building platform to craft your own tanks, flyers, hovers, or even jet-skis (Literally a jet with skis on it.) The game is Free 2 Play and based off the World of Tanks model for Tiers and match-making.

Robocraft is on STEAM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Update: 24 JUN 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Social:
Currently the Friends list is poo poo, so good luck trying to pair up with goons until later in January/February.
Steam Group
Google Doc with In-Game Names

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links:
Robocraft Main Page
Robopedia Wiki
Steam Robot Building Guide

Thor-Stryker fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Starting in Robocraft

Alternate, More in-Depth Guide

Robocraft starts you at Tier 1 with a basic tank and SMGs in your garage. You can choose to buy more T0 white blocks for free by going to the CUBE DEPOT (C) and clicking the GREEN button, never press the blue ones as that uses real money if you have purchased GALAXY CASH.
By selecting the Tech Tree tab (Or press T) you can see the current Robocraft tech tree, all items are locked and can be unlocked by earning and spending TECH POINTS. These points are earned by getting kills, assists, healing, or capturing the enemy base.
Since there isn’t much else you can do, Press TAB or B to go to the battle menu, you can select practice if you want to feel the basics, it will put you in an AI arena and you won’t win any points, or you can Battle Online and start grinding your way to victory.
Once you’ve earned Tech Points, you can go to your tech tree to unlock any available tech, it will use up the points and then you have to go to the CUBE DEPOT to purchase the blocks with RP earned from battling.
Good Luck!

------------------------------------------------
Important things to Remember
-Press Q to ‘target’ enemies, this automatically reveals their name/robot type to all team-mates across the map, it does not need radar and is the most important tool you have in your arsenal.
-CPU is an artificial limit attached to your player level, it is a bullshit tool designed to gate you until Tier 10 where it acts as max-robot size. You can semi-circumvent this by purchasing a pre-made robot from the store with real money, otherwise enjoy grinding levels for CPU the hard way.
-Tiers are important, you may only earn a couple hundred RP points in T1, but you can earn 100,000RP in T10, always grind upwards and only replay a tier if you’re vastly under-gunned for the next one. The fastest way to tier up is with guns and shields.
----------------------------------------------

Basics to Robocraft:

Chassis [Pronounced Cha-SEE] is the armor of your tank; you put all other blocks on these cubes and use the armor to protect your chair. There are several types of chassis cubes:
The Light Cube is the starter block and free to purchase, provides basic armor.

Heavy Cubes DO NOT PROVIDE MORE ARMOR THAN LIGHT CUBES. They just weigh three times as much (Equal to a T10 block.) Use them for balancing your floating/flying/hovering tanks, or for making wacky asymmetrical designs. Keep in mind that at higher ranks, these cubes will vaporize instantly.

Window Cubes are near useless as they are basic armor at all levels, you can use them to create a “fake” cockpit while placing your Pilot Chair somewhere else on the robot, that way people shoot the wrong end.

Armored Cubes are your bread and butter, they increase in rank and are vital to keeping you alive. For beginners, you should upgrade your cubes every other Tier to save RP, most other players will be equally under armored.

Helium Cubes make your robot float, these are for advanced designs, you can put them in your flyers, or make a floating platform to hover over people and shoot them from below. They use up a lot of CPU though, so use them sparingly.

Holiday Cubes are rare, sold only during special events or as part of purchasable Robocraft deals, they are the same as their Tiered counterparts, but just different colors.
------------------------------------------

Movement is exactly how it sounds, all the cubes that pull and push your vehicle around. It is the least important to upgrade to higher tiers because the difference in speed is negligible until you start building massive tanks.

Your first available movement type, Wheels are basic and work all the way to the end game. Don’t bother with the non-steering wheels, the difference is negligible aside from the fact they can’t turn.

Hovers become available at T2, they used to be wonky but are now super stable to use. You need at least 4-8 of them to keep your aircraft from flipping over. They allow you to fly over hills or icy lakes without losing traction.

Tank Tracks are relatively new to Robocraft, they are available at T3 and are a high-health, slow speed form of travel. Something unique to tracks is that they scale in ‘mounting points’ with T10 having a total of 9 mounting points for you to connect with blocks or place guns on. Tank Tracks are also very heavy and allow you to climb most sub-80 degree terrain for some reason.

Skis are only available at T5, they can be fun to use with jets, but otherwise are unimpressive. They make contact with the ground slippery except when turning, allowing you to power around the battlefield with speed as long as you’re not too heavy.

Thrusters make your flyers and speedy ground sticks. You can place as many as you want on your robot, but after a certain point you stop gaining any thrust from extra thrusters. They do give a small boost in speed to wheel bots, and can be used to pin you to walls so you can snipe from unsuspecting corners.

Walker Legs are the most advanced form of travel, unlocked at T7; they allow you to scale vertical cliffs (Primarily the outside edges of the map.) So you can safely snipe fools below. However they have low health, it is suggested to have at least six of them with at least one in every direction.

Wings are the easiest method to fly with, put 2-4 on your robot with some thrusters and take to the skies. They are big targets with low health, so do your best to protect them with shields.

Rudders can be used in conjunction with wings to give you pitch and yaw control. At lower levels you can even use them as wings to build a flyer that “slides” around, it’s quite fun. You need at least three (One on top, one on each side.) with wings to make a stable flyer.
-----------------------------------------

Hardware is currently split into two cube groups, Weapons, and Shields. Weapons are self-explanatory while shields are blocks that are CPU intensive, but great for adding an extra layer of light-weight protection to your flyers, hoverers, or snipers. Keep in mind that weapons become redundant with 6 or more on your vehicle, and you can only have one weapon type on an vehicle at any time.

SMGs are your bread and butter gun, don’t bother with the Front-Mount variants as they provide zero bonuses over top-mounts. SMGs have a minor amount of zoom, and are best “tap-fired” to keep recoil down.

Plasma Cannons are semi-artillery pieces that deal massive damage across an area, they can’t be mounted on the sides of crafts, but can be on top or under. Note: Plasma has wonky hit detection, plasma flyers can occasionally one-shot vehicles due to the way Plasma interacts with ground vehicles.

Rail guns used to be completely worthless, recently they buffed reload times from 24 seconds to 12 and upped damage, this means you can safely use them across all tiers to put an end to pesky flyers. Your robot has to be completely still for 2 seconds in order to have maximum accuracy, flyer rails are not recommended.

Mediguns are a recent addition and important to any team. They can heal team-mates at a (now) alarming rate, heal Tesla-Blades, or damage enemies at a weaker rate. Alt-Fire locks on to Teammates so you can dance around the battlefield while still healing.

Teslas are currently a gimmick weapon that can be attached to any robot. They are a static fixture that allows you to ram enemies for massive damage. Except each blue bar of tesla can be blown off as they only have one health, and they can’t be regenerated unless healed by ANOTHER medic.

Shields come in a variety of shapes as sizes throughout the tiers, they are lighter and more effective than blocks, but use up a lot of CPU which means you’re getting limited on building sooner than later. Note: Any part of the shield counts towards the “shields” health, once that is depleted, the shield has block health before it will be destroyed. Shields regenerate after a short period of not taking damage.
-----------------------------------------

Special has everything else that doesn’t fit into the other categories, most of it is not required to fight, but can give you a tactical edge if you use them.

The Pilot Seat is required to build a robot. You can have nothing else on your robot except for one armor block and the pilot seat to enter a match. Your robot will be colored red if your pilot seat isn’t attached or missing on your robot.
The Pilot seat is the ‘head’ of your robot, if it takes too much damage, you will die instantly. Try to hide your pilot seat and the cube underneath it from your enemy’s fire by surrounding it in blocks. Leaving it exposed means a Railgun can shoot it directly, killing you in one hit. Pilots do not need to “see” the battlefield, they can be encased.

Enemy Radar is the most useful tactical tool in this game, it allows you to see non-jamming robots at a specified distance on your radar screen. They are cheap to equip and provide a massive benefit, I would suggest at least one for leveling.

Jammers are useless unless you have two, each jammer will block Enemy Radar from seeing you for a few seconds before going on cooldown. You need at least two jammers to go invisible to enemy radar. Good for flyers or stealthy hit and runs.

Some people swear by Recievers because they relay all team-mate radars to you in a specified radius. However this radius is small (70m at T5) and the block itself is huge and an easy target to hit. Most of the time it’s better to just use Enemy Radar unless you really need to see 70m farther when near a teammate.
Just Don’t.

The Flipper is your most important tool for survival. Should your robot flip over or get stuck in a corner, pressing F (Either hold or tap) will launch your robot upwards and attempt to right itself. Keep in mind that currently you have to be completely still, if your hover-craft is sliding down the edge of a mountain, you’re not going to be able to flip until you land at the bottom.
Flippers can also be used as makeshift armor, guns can shoot over them so you can line the top side of your craft with them as a secondary skin provided you have the cpu.

Cosmetic items are only purchasable with real money, the majority are useless except for the new speedometers which you can use to test the speed of your tanks in Practice mode. DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY only anything but the speedometer because cosmetics use CPU (Which is precious.)

-------

The Roboshop, Purchasing Funny Money (Galactic Cash), and EXP/RP Booster

-Currently the team behind Robocraft use the same gimmicks as WoT and MechWarrior: Online, they charge obscene amounts of Galatic Cash (Funny Money) for individual parts/upgrades. The only time Galaxy Cash should be used is to buy premium, a starting bot if you want to skip the grind, or you want to skip the late game tech grind because T8, T9, and T10 cubes require you to be in or just below that tier to unlock them.

-Roboshop
For the price of a freemium game, $25 dollars will let you buy a T7 Scorpion + 2 Months of Preemium, or any T5 Bot + 3 Months Premium from the Roboshop.

:siren: :siren: The Devs regularly sells special bots around holidays or for charity, these bots are way cheaper and can come with premium for a quarter of the price. If a holiday is nearing, wait it out before you buy Galaxy Cash. :siren: :siren:

-EXP/RP Booster
Not required, but worth it if you want to grind out T10 parts or the new T11 Megabot parts, you will definitely accelerate through any tier at twice the speed, but nothing is as big slog as outfitting a T10 bot. Naturally the the deals get better the more cash you spend.

-Galaxy Cash
This is used to purchase Premium Time, Robots from the Shop, Cubes from the Store, or convert any Tech Points into Universal Tech points that can be used on any tier unlock.
For starting players below T5 or T3, use it to unlock a bot.
For Players at T5/T7, use it to get premium time.
For players at T8/T9, use it to unlock T10 Guns so that you can push your way into the T9-T10 tiers faster.

Thor-Stryker fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 2, 2015

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
As a World of Tanks veteran of three and a half years, I heartily approve of the new thread title.

Thor-Stryker posted:

Rudders can be used in conjunction with wings to give you pitch and yaw control. At lower levels you can even use them as wings to build a flyer that “slides” around, it’s quite fun. You need at least three (One on top, one on each side.) with wings to make a stable flyer.
I accidentally discovered this a while ago while futzing around, experimenting to build some sort of thruster powered thing. It's flimsy and fragile as hell but pretty fun to fly around with.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nordick posted:

As a World of Tanks veteran of three and a half years, I heartily approve of the new thread title.

I pretty much agree, though I'll still play tanks. A lot of the annoying poo poo is removed and premium is not only better, it's cheaper too.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The summary of the upcoming update sounds promising. I haven't been playing as much recently, partly because I was getting sick of broken matchmaking and generally OP SMG bots at T10. Looks like my bank of RP and tech points will come in handy.

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
slightly large

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Does it still use a single point of contact? Trying to plot out the tiniest bot that can carry two of em.

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008

Chard posted:

Does it still use a single point of contact? Trying to plot out the tiniest bot that can carry two of em.

Yes, any foot. Front foot for placement, but you can remove the block if you have another foot set.

e:

bimmian fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 21, 2015

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
:sigh: Ground friction changes mean that all-thruster bots aren't nearly as effective. I recommend using electroplates' edges as skis - they go faster than actual skis.

e: or you can put four radar receivers upside down in such a way that their antennae will hit four corners and you can rest on those.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

:sigh: Ground friction changes mean that all-thruster bots aren't nearly as effective. I recommend using electroplates' edges as skis - they go faster than actual skis.

e: or you can put four radar receivers upside down in such a way that their antennae will hit four corners and you can rest on those.

Walker-Legs are also effective, just hold the jump key and your whole bottom side acts like a ski.

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
First attempt, decently effective. No utility atm, but I still have some room. Only 6 hovers, it's fine unless the rear ones get shot off, then I'm just a sitting/spinning duck.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Not doing any real math, but for those wondering, the T11 SMGs are equal to 1.7 or so T10 SMGs. Which means even with three, your putting out slightly less DPS than 6 T10 SMGs. They wont be more powerful until we can mount more than three of them (Which is why I suspect they have the CPU they currently do.)

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
This game is a laugh. I made a lego battle house with guns in the windows. I also made a big letter F and drove it around for a while, but nobody ever made a U. I never bothered grinding all the way up into Tier 10, but I made a bunch of awesome sleds and blew poo poo up a bunch.

One thing that isn't immediately obvious is that SMGs are actually really accurate if you single-tap them and let the cross hairs settle back down. There are usually a few guys parked in the sky above their base in every match, and plinking them with SMGs when you can barely see them is a good approach.

If you are making a battle jeep, lay a bottom layer of weight cubes to keep you from tipping over too much.

Shields rock hardest when layered or nested.

They have updated a lot of poo poo since I quit playing, I may have to reinstall. Good OP.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Railguns are better than before. Plasma bombers continue unabated. Thruster drones are still obnoxious as gently caress. Walker legs actively sabotage your feeble attempts to right a flipped 'bot. Hoverblades are actually useful now, which is new and different.

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008

Shalhavet posted:

Railguns are better than before. Plasma bombers continue unabated. Thruster drones are still obnoxious as gently caress. Walker legs actively sabotage your feeble attempts to right a flipped 'bot. Hoverblades are actually useful now, which is new and different.

Hoverblades have been quite useful in the couple months I've been playing. Nowhere near as easy to build as a wheel/tread/walker bot, but the speed and maneuverability outweighed the effort, especially as a medic. No matter what I tried to build I always came back to hovers.

Have the said anything about thruster drones? I agree, those are quite annoying and AFAIK you can still get warp speeds too.

Played a few matches last night and and yea, plasma bombers were wreaking havoc. Out of sight and scoring direct hits non-stop, god help you if there are 2-3+ and you don't have really good SMG players on your team. The range is the most annoying part for me. Sure it applies to smg fliers too, but the plasma splash is a different beast. SMG fliers are just annoying when they are way out, they don't really pose an immediate threat.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Fliers in general need a second look when everyone has top end T10 monstrosities with more blocks than god. Things change at that point, but good god drat do plasma bombers need to have their shot spread cranked way the hell up. When I am moving in the air at render distance sniping with a shotgun I should not be confident in even hitting a specific bot. At that range I should be aiming for terrain features at best.

If flier tactics were fly fast, fly low, hit-and-run strikes with high risk high reward play style they would be where I feel they should. Plasma bombers are the exact opposite of that. Sniping poo poo-bricks of shields that one-shot people from render distance while having more than enough time to disengage if they are targeted. I find myself boycotting my plasma bomber because it's just not fun and driving my plasma bomber hunter bots just out of spite.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Since we're speaking about hovers, Are they more mobile and faster than wheels? I kinda like SMG builds where I can just drive in one direction, Blast someone away, then drive around the corner and blast more fools down from the back. I'm hoping that hovers will still allow me a low profile but also give me the option to completely ignore terrain issues.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

They're definitely more mobile, and I think the top speed mainly depends on what tier thrusters you're strapping in the forward direction. The main advantage in my mind is that they turn incredibly fast and in place, so no making three-point turns while you're under fire. Also you can just float right over the little rocks that completely gently caress over some robots (what's up with that anyway, I can drive up a wall but not over this pebble?). The main thing you're trading is the low profile you mentioned. You can drop all the way to the ground and scoot I guess, but that's noisy and you lose some maneuverability.

I'm very pleased with what they did for T10 rails though. I'm absolute poo poo at Plasma and I hate SMGs with the heat of a thousand suns so it's basically my default weapon. It definitely feels like I'm actually a threat now that I can fire twice as fast AND hit harder, I don't have to play like such a coward and create opportunities as well as taking advantage of them. Much more enjoyable.

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008

Dizz posted:

Since we're speaking about hovers, Are they more mobile and faster than wheels? I kinda like SMG builds where I can just drive in one direction, Blast someone away, then drive around the corner and blast more fools down from the back. I'm hoping that hovers will still allow me a low profile but also give me the option to completely ignore terrain issues.

Built properly, you can peek around corners, peek above terrain elements, and climb near-vertical walls. More maneuverable, you can rotate in place, keep going if you flip (controls are just flipped). I believe wheels are capped to their top-speed of 147 or whatever, but you can strap more thrusters on a hover and go faster ( I don't have a wheel robo so someone may want to confirm that). My T10 medic hover does 165 with 2 t6 thrusters and I blow by any ground robo.

With the latest update the stability is improved, so you'll have more leniency in design.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Hover mobility is massively improved, we're talking going from a gimmick to fully stable builds. You can place 500+ T10 blocks and rarely run the risk of flipping anymore.

It took the devs a long time to switch the hovers from terrain oriented to world oriented though, you can scale cliffs with just a few thrusters now.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Good to hear. I might grind a bot to afford some hovers and begin experimenting with them.

E: Nevermind. They're way too wobbly and once you wobble, it means that back turrets get blocked, even if you elevate them. Also turning is super insane where even a tap on the key is enough to do a 180. Maybe it's the side thrusters I have..

Dizz fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 22, 2015

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008

Dizz posted:

Good to hear. I might grind a bot to afford some hovers and begin experimenting with them.

E: Nevermind. They're way too wobbly and once you wobble, it means that back turrets get blocked, even if you elevate them. Also turning is super insane where even a tap on the key is enough to do a 180. Maybe it's the side thrusters I have..

Post a screenshot of your bot, preferably with all the hovers showing.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
If your hoverbot is too spinny, experiment with rudders. I use one on mine.

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008

Nordick posted:

If your hoverbot is too spinny, experiment with rudders. I use one on mine.

I wouldn't recommend that. Yea it'll stabilize it, but once you lose it you're basically done. Unless it was a bug previously, if you lost the rudder it doesn't then behave like a normal hover, it loses the ability to turn basically.

Touchy steering = hovers not far enough apart and/or bot too short. Side thrusters aren't a good idea either, they'll turn fast enough w/o them.
Wobbly = poor weight distribution, x and/or y axis

I'm guessing your bot looks something like this-

(x= hoverblade)

x-x
---
---
---
x-x

bimmian fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 22, 2015

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
I hope they add a small timer that resets on damage taken when going back to garage while alive. Getting sick of being denied kills.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Voxx posted:

I hope they add a small timer that resets on damage taken when going back to garage while alive. Getting sick of being denied kills.

Or they could just credit a kill to whoever did the most damage to the robot. I usually suicide because it takes another 40 seconds to whittle away everything behind the guns on my bots.

Chunk5
Jun 26, 2010

Voxx posted:

Ummm, this actually exists.

Just try self-destructing whilst under fire. A timer appears, in the same place like if you missed a spot.

But in the spirit of your post:

I hope they add a sniper weapon. SMG doesn't zoom in close enough for me.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

bimmian posted:

Post a screenshot of your bot, preferably with all the hovers showing.

I hope that's fine.

It's a variation of http://robocraftgarage.com/b/armored-killerbot which i didn't like at all so i just :effort:'d it a bit into something more manageable but I still don't like it. Maybe it's good with plasmas but I haven't really bothered with anything that wasn't an SMG.

E: I didn't like how it was at first so I put those shields on it and found out 4 games in that I was queueing into Tier 5. I went back to 4 for some easier cash gains and had to swap a lot of stuff around.

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008

Dizz posted:

It's a variation of http://robocraftgarage.com/b/armored-killerbot which i didn't like at all so i just :effort:'d it a bit into something more manageable but I still don't like it. Maybe it's good with plasmas but I haven't really bothered with anything that wasn't an SMG.

E: I didn't like how it was at first so I put those shields on it and found out 4 games in that I was queueing into Tier 5. I went back to 4 for some easier cash gains and had to swap a lot of stuff around.

I'll try to give some general advice since you are in T4, most basic principles will continue to be applicable as you move up through the tiers. You have a bunch of CPU left though, so you'll be able to add some stuff. Some of this may not apply quite as much as it did before the patch, I've only built one hover post-patch vs 20+ prior.

The easiest way to almost guarantee hover stability is symmetry on the x and y axis and having your center of mass below the hovers. You can certainly build non-symmetrical hovers, you just have to pay more attention to weight distribution. Here are two examples of stable hovers platforms:

Symmetrical. The hovers here are stacked, 4 sets of 2.

non-symmetrical. Not pictured, but it was stabilized, but made slightly nose-heavy by another nano on the front bottom so that it could climb better. Hard to see from that angle but all the nanos are below the hoverblades

Both of those have good steering characteristics, not too touchy. The first one is more touchy than the second.

The hoverblades are too close together considering how wide the craft is, especially with the plasmas mostly being above the hovers. Ideally you want to keep your center of mass below the hovers. Probably not as important now with the changes, but it still applies. I bet you would notice improved stability if you moved the front hovers out a block, inline with the rear ones.

Weight wise you're probably ok, but I would put another hover or two on there both for increased stability and redundancy. You're probably pretty crippled if you lose any one of those. You have more weight in the rear, so I would at least try to get one more back there.

Steering-wise, you can control how touchy it is by placement.
(all examples pre-patch)

A long and thin craft will be more touchy. This example was very stable and 99% self-righting, 4 hovers in the front and back, there middle ones are stacked. Notice that pretty much all weight is below the hovers. Obvious downside to this design is bombers. This is when I was playing with rudders to improve steering control. It did, drastically, but like I said above, once you lost that rudder you were pretty much unable to turn.

This one kept the front/rear pair high, but added another 4 centrally located and lower. This was less touchy than the previous example, though it did have a decent bit more weight. Still quite stable and self-righting, but needed more weight compensation underneath. The good thing about this type of design is that it can take one hell of a beating and still have a chance of being able to fly straight and true.

(I'm at ~30% hp here)

The way that I build hovers is very incremental. I'll take barebones design, like the first or second screenshot (though w/o weapons), and take it to the practice map. If it isn't 100% stable then it gets scrapped. If it is stable, then add weapons and enough blocks to compensate for that mass, testing often. If it loses it's stability, I go back a step and re-think it. Harder to do with non-symmetrical bots since weight distribution plays a larger role.

bimmian fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 22, 2015

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Is it just me or is there no way to save a robot design, and no "clear all" button in the build hangar?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I'l farm up enough for some Plasma guns and give them a try. For now I might ignore hovers for now because I don't like SMGs with them.

E: Thanks for the info Bimmian.

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008

Ixjuvin posted:

Is it just me or is there no way to save a robot design, and no "clear all" button in the build hangar?

Unfortunately you cannot save a design. There is no clear button, but if you hold down right click for a few seconds it'll start turbo-deleting blocks.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Some cursory googling tells me they're not adding a save option because want to make money off of selling garage slots. Amazing :allears:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I'd settle for a button that replace all of CUBE A with a different CUBE B. Most of my bots are patchwork monstrosities of different Tier armors because I like to tweak and expand on a basic design without scrapping it (lol no saves) but I might not always have the CPU/cubes in stock to allow what I have in mind. This means I sometimes end up with weakspots that might not be obvious until I drill down a few layers, and then rebuilding is its own hassle. Making it easy to align every armor cube to the same tier seems like it should be easy enough to implement, right?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, having to constantly manually drill into my bot to upgrade armor blocks as I advanced through tiers is what killed most of my desire to play.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Yeah, it does suck that they are doing it for money reasons. But next patch may have the "mirror" feature so you can build your symmetrical bots in half the time.

If you ever make it to T10, you start to randomly rebuild your robots just to see if your new design is better.

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008

Thor-Stryker posted:

If you ever make it to T10, you start to randomly rebuild your robots just to see if your new design is better.

Too often, I think I have a problem.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

quote:

Robocraft: Like World of Tanks, but actually Fun

Ever enjoyed Legos as a kid? Building your own monstrosities and then throwing them at the wall to see how they break? Then this is the game for you. Robocraft gives you a Lego-Like building platform to craft your own tanks, flyers, hovers, or even jet-skis (Literally a jet with skis on it.) The game is Free 2 Play

and that's how you know it is not actually fun

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I enjoy playing legos and blowing up those legos. Plasma bombers are still bullshit, but I'm looking forward to a weekend of playing with the new railguns. Hope I can gently caress up bombers all over the place.

So I feel the game is fun and I disagree with your post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Did somebody run out of blocks and get cranky?

• Locked thread