Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)
The valley of Bishadh is a quiet region of the world; nestled in an opening of the Cavot Mountains, it's far away from any major cities, has no mineral deposits, and its ground is too arid for anything beyond subsistence farming. The Arrentish elite consider those who live in the valley only a step above uncouth barbarians. Their penchant for banditry and violent drunken brawls certainly doesn't help.
One group of bandits - the Sisters of Hecate - is particularly successful at raiding trade caravans, looting temples, and adventuring into the deepest and darkest regions of Arrentia in search of long lost treasure. Over their history they've managed to assemble quite the haul of gold coins, jewelry, and magickal artifacts of all shapes and sizes. Many brave souls have attempted to destroy the bandits (and run away with as much gold as they could carry), but the Sisters are resilient, and have withstood assault time and time again.
So it was with shock that the bandits found their leader stabbed in the back one morning with an enchanted dagger. They had a traitor in their midsts - someone (or someones) has infiltrated the gang, gained their confidence, and breached the treasury! These villains must be brought at once to justice. Bandit justice.

(source)

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, your AIM if you have it, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. IRC is the best way to get in touch with me outside of PMs, as I only check my email every other day or so.

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be honest about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. It doesn't matter what votebot says; votebot is just for your convenience, only the votecounts I present are to be assumed accurate and reliable. If you think you see a mistake in a votecount I have posted, please contact me privately so I may check it.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Try not to post like an illiterate. I know capitalization and grammar are difficult, but you're all adults. A modicum of effort goes a long way. If your posting gets especially bad, you even risk being put on probation and then replaced. Neither you nor I want to have to deal with that.

Every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no execution. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Anyway! This game is for 21 players. Players new and old are all welcome, however deferential treatment will be given to newer players.

Here we go!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

Current Phase: IT IS FINISHED
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

Mod: Ecco
Comod: Mills (Out to Lunch)

Player List:

1) Asiina Pinterest Mom
2) bowmore fitsfadda
3) Byers2142
4) CCKeane
5) Chic Trombone
6) Epsilon Plus
7) Ernie.
8) fiery_valkyrie
9) kaschei Amnistar Amoeba102
10) Meinberg
11) merk
12) Opopanax
13) Puntification
14) Rarity
15) Rascyc
16) Somberbrero
17) The Ninth Layer
18) Tremendous Taste
19) True and Real (Diqnol)
20) wins32767
21) yuming

Replacements:
- Magnus

Night 0: Illandir, Bebhinn Lysandir, Leader (town-aligned governor), died.
Day 1: Rarity, Lucilia meg-Mullanor, Thief (town-aligned thief), executed.
Night 1: Puntification, Eadwine Lampis, Mage (town-aligned diviner), died. Ernie., Przemysław (Prez) Davin, Adventurer (town-aligned inventor), died.
Day 2: Chic Trombone, Maeve meg-Soludae, Adventurer (mafia-aligned inventor), executed.
Night 2: Byers2142, Callisto meg-Jurgan, Adventurer (town-aligned inventor), died.
Day 3: Pinterest Mom, Rory Slupshak, Bodyguard (mafia-aligned bodyguard), executed.
Night 3: It appears as if nobody died during the night! Interesting, maybe!
Day 4: Meinberg, Gopála Z'denae, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 4: Epsilon Plus, Daithí Claudiae, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), died. Somberbrero, Cupido Slázsak, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 5: Amoeba102, Damien Whey, Adventurer (mafia-aligned inventor), absconded.
Night 5: It appears as if nobody died during the night! Interesting, maybe!
Day 6: The Ninth Layer, Florentius Oppota, Mage (town-aligned diviner), executed.
Night 6: Diqnol, Ólive Štépánka, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), died. Opopanax, Pheidhlim Eugeniae, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 7: Tremendous Taste, Ulliver Burnside, Adventurer (mafia-aligned inventor), executed.
Night 7: Nobody died again now isn't that interesting? I wonder what it means.
Day 8: wins32767, Fionnuala (Fiona) Séabhdha, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 8: merk, Nevin Rheae, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), died. fiery_valkyrie, Fabiola meg-Larie, died.
Day 9: CCKeane, Charis (Charlie) meg-Reedy, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 9: fits, Linus Malista, Mage (town-aligned diviner), died.
Endgame: yuming, Aeliana Leos, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), endgamed. Rascyc, Aileen Wojda, Enchantress (mafia-aligned enchantress), has achieved the mafia win condition.

THE SCUM HAVE WON
THE GAME IS OVER

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 24, 2015

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Yes please!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The artwork is so enticing. But only make me a replacement/last resort.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

~

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Yes

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ok yes this sounds good.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You did it, I'm so proud.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yes, please, Ecco

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Put me down as a maybe

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I will play your game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I will eat these bees

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'm in.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
You ate a bug

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Oh fine

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I would like to play.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'll play!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Only a few more! Harass your friends!

Also Mills is a comod! He will be doing votecounts.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yo

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Ok. Or as a replacement. Whichever.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Let's do this thing

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
I will play. Let's start it off right.

##vote Diqnol

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

...wait. Did Ecco eat the bug?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Byers2142 posted:

...wait. Did Ecco eat the bug?

Yes.

Should just put that in the OP.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Yes.

Should just put that in the OP.

That should be in all OPs, forever. :allears:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bump :pwn:

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

It's only fair that I join this game.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'll play

where's ixt, I will miss his vote counter

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will play

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oh no! I hope I'm not too late. SAninthlayer, yes on plat.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Nope you're just in time!

I'll be writing the role PMs today, so expect the game to go up tonihahahhaha sorry I suck at starting games in a timely fashion but I'll try to get it up sooner rather than later.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I am ready for this game.

Somebody give me a post restriction.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CCKeane posted:

You must post a complete LumpenList in every post you make.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

Make good posts.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Very well. Keane, speak only in various inflections of farts. While this may not be so very different from your usual fare, do try to distinguish the two.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Every time you make a post, you must eat a bug.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Every post I make will be in my perceived voice of a different mafia poster from now on.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

True and Real posted:

Very well. Keane, speak only in various inflections of farts. While this may not be so very different from your usual fare, do try to distinguish the two.

But you already have the "sounding like an rear end in a top hat talking" market cornered!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

But you already have the "sounding like an rear end in a top hat talking" market cornered!

Amazing it sounded just like Keane three hours after eating a can of beans!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Make good posts.

Wow, wow, wow, let's make this an achievable PR for Keane!

• Locked thread