Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

I think democracy as an institution is inherently patriarchal and coercive and mod people should be dismantling it entirely rather than expanding it.

Is this for real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yes, the Ecco vernacular includes the phrase "mod people."

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

merk has used quotation marks in his last two posts. The last time he did that was in X-Men mafia where he was scum. ##vote merk

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

See that's what I thought merk.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Your Fave is Problematic: Ecco "The Raven"

- culturally appropriative name while living in the home market of the Washington ********
- Popular "France" games are universally Eurocentric
- Consumed animal flesh on petty "promise" to continue self-indulgent games
- Lives in Northern Virginia

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

merk has used quotation marks in his last two posts. The last time he did that was in X-Men mafia where he was scum. ##vote merk

Lmao

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

This is a great case, but in Megaten Mafia merk was a Town Doctor who used quotation marks in two posts in a row and was killed night 1. I don't want to vote out a power role on day 1.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posting like a crazy person is always excellent

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
My pr this game is to solely make votes based on meta. This will require the most work I've ever put into a game.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

merk posted:

This is a great case, but in Megaten Mafia merk was a Town Doctor who used quotation marks in two posts in a row and was killed night 1. I don't want to vote out a power role on day 1.

:munch: Checks out

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

merk posted:

merk posted:

Okay I'm getting two conflicting stories here. Merk says merk did this recently as scum but merk says merk has done this as town before. If merk is right then merk was being disingenuous and so ##vote merk.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie. posted:

If merk is right then merk was being disingenuous and so ##vote merk.

This is a case based on 100% logic.

Why aren't player people listening to me?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fits posted:

:munch: Checks out

Good burn in that game:

xythar posted:

basically says that all the scum have to do is lurk on day 1 and we're guaranteed to lynch a townie.

merk posted:

I call this the "Tao Jones"

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ernie. posted:

Okay I'm getting two conflicting stories here. Merk says merk did this recently as scum but merk says merk has done this as town before. If merk is right then merk was being disingenuous and so ##vote merk.

Who are you pandering to with this case? I find your use of disingenuous disingenuous in and of itself, and your case is based on a pedantic read of what merk said about merk.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

merk posted:

merk always does this as scum.

merk never does that as scum.

merk only does this as town.

I've never seen merk do that as third party.

-Mafia 2014-2015

All merk cases must be meta-based. Didn't you get the memo with the new rules addendum?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Byers2142 posted:

All merk cases must be meta-based. Didn't you get the memo with the new rules addendum?

To be fair, it makes sense. That's the only way I can ever get lynched, whether it's right or wrong. I can't defend stupid meta.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
edit: needless shot fired (it was a Tao Jones burn)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

merk posted:

This is a clear self-bus that only scum-merk would make. ##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, well, this was a good break. I am going to go back to writing this patent application.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

meta isn't really stupid, it's the online equivalent of EQ and observant analysis

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

merk posted:

Ok, well, this was a good break. I am going to go back to writing this patent application.

Clearly merk's now telling us he will breadcrumb his fakeclaim via patent references. I know this due to meta.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

What's the patent for?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

meta isn't really stupid, it's the online equivalent of EQ and observant analysis

meta used against merk, by and large, is stupid.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Byers2142 posted:

meta used against merk, by and large, is stupid.

merk is pretty easy to read as scum :devil:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

merk posted:

A mafia game Comprises:
1) The word 'This' appended to the word 'is' appended to the word 'like' and an example given.
2) All scenarios where the example given is a historically (in)accurate reference to an old mafia game.
3) All scenarios where the example given is a completely made up story.

Speaking of patents, my application has been in review for 4 years now. Thanks, Harper.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

merk posted:

last time merk posted about patent applications he was faking a breadcrumb as scum

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
does anyone have a good non-cake baking recipe, I want to bake something new

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

Meta isn't inherently stupid but it's very very subjective. Which is where the discrepancies occur.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rascyc posted:

ziti!!!

v easy v delish

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Rascyc posted:

Sweet or savory?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Rascyc posted:

Make cinnamon buns for a loved one

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

merk is pretty easy to read as scum :devil:

I agree, when I'm playing scum I, too, can usually pretty reliably read merk's alignment. Unless you mean it's easy to tell when merk's scum, in which case you are crazy.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

Clearly merk's now telling us he will breadcrumb his fakeclaim via patent references. I know this due to meta.

kaschei posted:

last time merk posted about patent applications he was faking a breadcrumb as scum

Me-tooing my merk case, kaschei's an obvious scumbro.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Byers2142 posted:

I agree, when I'm playing scum I, too, can usually pretty reliably read merk's alignment. Unless you mean it's easy to tell when merk's scum, in which case you are crazy.

har har

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rascyc posted:

For how many, and yeah, sweet or savory?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rascyc posted:

http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/05/29/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-brownies-take-two/

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
A few role PMs with special rules are out a little early; the rest will be done tomorrow. If you received a PM, mum's the word!

From here on out assume the game has to some players already begun, as such, afoot the game is! Haroo!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
This is my last post in the game, until I possibly replace in.

I don't know what to say, maybe "you guys are super mega dumb"

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Magnus Gallant posted:

What's the patent for?

code:
A computerized method for fixing a broken vote counter in an online and interactive party game, the method comprising:
  receiving an indication that a vote counter is unavailable;
  creating a first private communication in an online forum based on the indication, the first private communication being addressed to EccoRaven and identifying the vote counter is unavailable;
  receiving the first private communication at the online forum by EccoRaven;
  creating a second private communication in an online forum based on the receiving step of the first private communication, the second private communication being addressed to Tremendous Taste and identifying the vote counter is unavailable;
  receiving the second private communication at the online forum by Tremendous Taste;
  creating a third private communication in an online forum based on the receiving step of the second private communication, the third private communication being addressed to soru and identifying the vote counter is unavailable;
  receiving the third private communication at the online forum by soru; and
  fixing the vote counter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hahaha

• Locked thread