Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Day 2 Votecount :c:

Chic (8): merk, -merk, merk, Rasc, Asiina, wins, -merk, EP, merk, fiery, Somberbrero, Ninth

Somberbrero (7): Diqnol, merk, Chic, -merk, TT, -Diqnol, Diqnol, yuming, Meinberg, Opopanax, Byers

Asiina (0): yuming, Diqnol, Keane, -Keane, -Diqnol, -yuming, Byers, -Byers
Meinberg (0): fiery, Keane, -Keane, Byers, -Byers, -fiery
Tremendous Taste (0): yuming, -yuming
yuming (0): Somberbrero, Diqnol, -Diqnol, -Somberbrero
Diqnol (0): merk, -merk
wins (0): merk, -merk
Amnistar (0): Diqnol, -Diqnol
Epsilon Plus (0): Byers, Asiina, -Asiina, -Byers

:h: 18 alive, 10 votes to execute
:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, February 2nd, ~11PM EDT. Or in about so close it's going to get intercepted in the last minute of the game from this post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Chic, your response is a bit weak.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amoeba102 posted:

Could merk be bussing?

Yes. Please vote Chic.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amoeba102 posted:

It feels like a forced case, or oversold. Chic, is merk bussing you?

Yes. Please vote Chic.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Chic Trombone posted:

I dunno about merk but I'm not scum, so it's not a bus

She is lying. I saw her role PM in the scum doc.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Chic, your response is a bit weak.

What else is there to say? I'm not scum and don't really have a firm read on merk, so all I can say is that it isn't a bus. Like, I lean scum on him but that might be because I'm a bit salty at him that he's done this hard turbo thing on me two games in a row, I haven't really had the chance to sit down and read him for real.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk isn't bussing there

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Chic Trombone posted:

What else is there to say? I'm not scum and don't really have a firm read on merk, so all I can say is that it isn't a bus. Like, I lean scum on him but that might be because I'm a bit salty at him that he's done this hard turbo thing on me two games in a row, I haven't really had the chance to sit down and read him for real.

Got a role to claim?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
I feel marginally better about lynching chic than somb. did either of them claim anything?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

Got a role to claim?

I have items to give out. The coin I gave to Ernie was one of them, and I gave a necklace to Diqnol last night. I am unaware of what these items do, prior to their use

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

It was a pearl necklace, specifically

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

loving merk. Why are you scum claiming.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
How many other items do you have?

Why did you not give out all of your items on d1 like Byers?

Let me help you with your answers: I am scum. Holding the items would let me give the town a carrot when I was about to be lynched.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chic Trombone posted:

Why does everyone and their moms like to claim what items i got gdi

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amoeba102 posted:

loving merk. Why are you scum claiming.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMMMMM GONNNAA SWINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

FROM THE CHANDELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

FROM THE CHANDELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What the hell is that from, you did that last game. And you were scum. Merk scum meta found.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

merk posted:

How many other items do you have?

Why did you not give out all of your items on d1 like Byers?

Let me help you with your answers: I am scum. Holding the items would let me give the town a carrot when I was about to be lynched.

I wasn't told I could give out more than one at a time so I assumed I couldn't. I have three more items.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amoeba102 posted:

What the hell is that from, you did that last game. And you were scum. Merk scum meta found.

Last game I had a role PM that flipped scum. If my role PM flips scum this game, you've found a pretty good pattern that you might want to comment on in the next game.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Chic Trombone posted:

I wasn't told I could give out more than one at a time so I assumed I couldn't. I have three more items.

Are you an inventor, then, like Ernie and I?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Byers2142 posted:

Are you an inventor, then, like Ernie and I?

That's the role title, yes

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Chic Trombone posted:

...so when Byers claimed on d1 that he gave out all of his items on n0, that didn't... you know... maybe... change... your... confusion... about... only... being... able... to... give... out... one... item?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk you lunatic

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Chic Trombone posted:

That's the role title, yes

##vote Chic

Multiple items being given out is explicitly in the role description.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Chic Trombone posted:

thats disgusting

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

merk posted:

...so when Byers claimed on d1 that he gave out all of his items on n0, that didn't... you know... maybe... change... your... confusion... about... only... being... able... to... give... out... one... item?

Did you miss the part where I was stupid busy D1 and still haven't read most of it

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Day 2 Votecount :c:

Chic (9): merk, -merk, merk, Rasc, Asiina, wins, -merk, EP, merk, fiery, Somberbrero, Ninth, fits

Somberbrero (7): Diqnol, merk, Chic, -merk, TT, -Diqnol, Diqnol, yuming, Meinberg, Opopanax, Byers

:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, February 2nd, ~11PM EDT. Or in about so close only its electrons are keeping it from touching from this post!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Byers2142 posted:

##vote Chic

:holymoley:

See ya.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

fits posted:

thats disgusting

If I could, I'd only give out pearl necklaces and rusty trombones.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Byers2142 posted:

##vote Chic

##unvote
##vote chic

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

##vote Chic Trombone

That settles it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
COME AT ME TONIGHT SCUM I FUCKIN DARE YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Final Day 2 Votecount :c:

Chic (11): merk, -merk, merk, Rasc, Asiina, wins, -merk, EP, merk, fiery, Somberbrero, Ninth, fits, TT, Amoeba102

Somberbrero (7): Diqnol, merk, Chic, -merk, TT, -Diqnol, Diqnol, yuming, Meinberg, Opopanax, Byers, -TT

:d: Day 2 deadline was Monday, February 2nd, ~11PM EDT.

Flavor incoming!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The town was divided. Somber or Chic? It was a strange arrangement to talk about. Sometimes people are given nicknames because of how inappropriate the name is to who they are - a tall man might be "shorty," a woman with a shaved head "curly," and so on. So it was with Somber and Chic; Somber was known to be talkative, while Chic Trombone was quite quiet and reserved. The two camps shouted towards each other, trying to find agreement. It was when Chic said she was an adventurer, like you, that made people pause.
"Why haven't you given us more of your treasures?" one said.
"Yeah, I want stuff! I like stuff!" said another.
Chic stammered and mumbled her words, which the town took to be proof of her treachery. The mob grabbed her and dragged her to the edge of the cliff, throwing her down the waterfall, like Rarity before her. She missed the rocks, but fell into the mist, never to be seen again. Checking her home revealed she was indeed an adventurer... but her treasures weren't from conquests and raids, they were from THE TREASURY OF THE SISTERS OF HECATE.

:s: Chic Trombone, Maeve meg-Soludae, Adventurer (mafia-aligned inventor), was executed Day 2. :s:

Satisfied they had finally caught the traitor, the sisters went to their homes and off to bed for sweet dreams.

It is now Night 2.

Submit your actions soon PER FAVORE.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:mario: Administrative note:

Asiina is replaced by Pinterest Mom

If you are a player who thinks, gosh, this game is like both the birds and the movie The Birds: way over my head, then speak up! Replacements are plentiful in this world of pleasure and pain.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The bandits woke up on the third day feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world. Chic was surely acting alone, after all, and therefore everyone was safe once again. They were really disappointed to find Byers had been murdered during the night. He was, as he had claimed, another adventurer, but his home was stripped bare of any goodies or prizes.

:s: Byers2142, Callisto meg-Jurgan, Adventurer (town-aligned inventor), was stabbed and sliced to death night 2. :s:

It is now Day 3!
:h: With 16 alive it takes 9 votes to execute.
:d: Day 3 deadline: Thursday, February 5th, ~11PM EDT. Yes, this is a fast turnaround compared to the previous two days - you can do it, I believe in y'all!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Thanks for not lynching me!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well I guess this is one of those games where I'm wrong about literally everything all the time.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Bonjour, je suis Asiina.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I still feel pretty good about Yuming. I'm sure she could see the inherent contradiction in the points she made against me day two because even I noticed it. I also think it is very strange she would push a case on me all day but then would only switch her vote from Taste to me at deadline.

Yuming, just for clarification here's the contradiction.

Here you say "Somb is scummy to me: he goes back reading multiple players and chooses Rarity and then sticks to her when there is existing support for the case."

Here you say "I'm back at the part of D1 where he was really going after Rarity and his unwillingness to change his opinion in light of her new posts and I don't like it."

The former makes it sound like I jumped on Rarity as an easy target once she had already been cased by other people.

The latter makes it sound like I was on her all day.

I do take pause at her emotionality because it reads as genuine, but I'm starting to think you should never trust those reads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

The bandits woke up on the third day feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world. Chic was surely acting alone, after all, and therefore everyone was safe once again. They were really disappointed to find Byers had been murdered during the night. He was, as he had claimed, another adventurer, but his home was stripped bare of any goodies or prizes.

:s: Byers2142, Callisto meg-Jurgan, Adventurer (town-aligned inventor), was stabbed and sliced to death night 2. :s:

It is now Day 3!
:h: With 16 alive it takes 9 votes to execute.
:d: Day 3 deadline: Thursday, February 5th, ~11PM EDT. Yes, this is a fast turnaround compared to the previous two days - you can do it, I believe in y'all!

:zombie: Good luck, town! :zombie:

• Locked thread