Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ahhhhh dangit. Well played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The League all over again indeed, Ras :respek:

What was I supposed to do with that urn :mad:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

The League all over again indeed, Ras :respek:

What was I supposed to do with that urn :mad:

nm looks like sure death i guess

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
It was a very fun game! I am sorry I did not post enough to do it justice. I'm going to hold myself to a strict one-game rule from now on.

Also my only item was a dummy? Boo :(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I really enjoyed this game, major props to mod and players. I think it's appropriate that of all things I was felled by telling the truth :laugh:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i used the coin to protect me

but instead it killed me

wow

also i'm surprised the town lost that lylo, with fits/keane/yuming playing as they were i thought it was clear rascyc was playing differently (especially with the early vote)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also my only item was a dummy? Boo :(

Hey lavender smells really nice. Also it was the only item in the game that was "dummy" but it actually had an enchantment on it, just not one that had an in-game effect. Had a diviner done their mojo on it, they'd find out it doesn't do anything, but Rasc wouldn't have been able to enchant it with a curse either!

e: I also want to say this game was EXHAUSTING but that was ENTIRELY MY OWN DOING and also I had a lot of fun anyway.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Thanks, I had a lot of fun. Nice to see the notes too, I was really wondering how I could get more enchants in with my team dying and all items having a use so just gave up on it. Makes sense it was more of an n0 thing than anything.

Why did f_v die? Did the candle make them lovers?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Candlebra by the looks of it.

I guess I need to stop faking emotional responses because neither do they work nor am I good at faking it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ernie. posted:

i used the coin to protect me

but instead it killed me

wow

also i'm surprised the town lost that lylo, with fits/keane/yuming playing as they were i thought it was clear rascyc was playing differently (especially with the early vote)

I was tired. :(

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I instant vote emotional responses out of everyone personally.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Let's find somebody to blame.

Personally I blame fits.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was sad when my head exploded but the rest was cool

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

(It's me I played poorly)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Taste posted:

(It's me I played poorly)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

LET THE RECORD SHOW THAT DIQNOL OWES ME A NEW AVATAR

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Well done everyone, this was fun to keep track of after I was gone.

The combination of an insane day 1 and me holding onto the nightkill was just too much pressure for me, especially when Ecco suggested that if I died it would die with me.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Keane if you had showed up and done anything I would have been cool wit ha no-lynch or something but you jsut seemed so resigned :negative:

rascyc played a good game though.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

fits posted:

Keane if you had showed up and done anything I would have been cool wit ha no-lynch or something but you jsut seemed so resigned :negative:

rascyc played a good game though.

I was on the subway.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Good game Rascyc! Thought it may have been you a few times but like the others I was always on other targets.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Can confirm there is a subway where Keane lives.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
MATH

Diqnol, being one player out of 21, was 4.7% of the players in the game.

Having made 901 posts in a game of 4539 posts total, he made 20% of the posts in the game.

This is over four times what would be expected if posting was evenly distributed!

MATH

The lowest postcount player, Punt (who died night 1 if you recall), made 15 posts. This means he was .33% of the game, which is over 14 times less than would be expected!

Wow punt way to slack.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Fun game. I thought we were going to pull it off.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ecco posted:

--- 3 mages (can divine the next effect of items)

Ecco posted:

You are also a skilled mage, specializing in divination. You are aware that there are a collection of magickal artifacts floating around in the game, most of which have totally unknown properties. If you receive such an item, you may, during the night, ##divine ITEM to discover what it does.

This dramatically impacted the game. TNL would never have been lynched but for the candleabra and his role PM making him think he 'discovered what it does' which was not not completely true.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

This dramatically impacted the game. TNL would never have been lynched but for the candleabra and his role PM making him think he 'discovered what it does' which was not not completely true.

Then it's a good thing nobody suggested that maybe the items have different effects each night and maybe y'all shouldn't hang someone just because they targeted a player the night nobody died - oh wait fits said exactly that and you ignored it because the coincidence was TOO GREAT.

And ironically the candelabra actually did do a protection each night - just like Ninth's PM said - and it actually protected you from dying (along with Diqnol's prtoection too).

But sure blame me for your own myopia. :colbert:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

Then it's a good thing nobody suggested that maybe the items have different effects each night and maybe y'all shouldn't hang someone just because they targeted a player the night nobody died - oh wait fits said exactly that and you ignored it because the coincidence was TOO GREAT.

Real easy to tell who the scum are when you're sitting on the mod doc.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

Sure, that's a thing that happened, but I think the discrepancy between the role PM and the effect of the role in practice dramatically impacted the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

But sure blame me for your own myopia. :colbert:

I'm giving constructive criticism. You don't have to take it so personally. That issue dramatically impacted the game. As a player, I feel like that is an issue with the setup.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Cool story, thanks for the input.

e: and I as a mod blame you the player for being myopic. You were ready to vote off Ninth even before you found out the candelabra story had some discrepancies - don't pawn it off on me.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I could only browse intermittently after my holiday but watching TNL get sad about being lynched made me think that merk must think TNL is one hell of a liar. TNL just wanted to be loved by merk. :(

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The role PM wasn't exhaustive, but "What it does" is completely true. Just because it didn't say "What it does next" to be more explicit that item effects change is about ambiguity of the game and is fine. I at least gave details of a different or changing effect in an item.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mills posted:

I could only browse intermittently after my holiday but watching TNL get sad about being lynched made me think that merk must think TNL is one hell of a liar.

He is one hell of a liar. I resigned to thinking he had to be an SK when he posted something about being happy that he still has it because he survived one of my lynch attempts.

edit: meaning he was accepting the lynch but not posturing for his team.

merk fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Feb 24, 2015

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Mills posted:

I could only browse intermittently after my holiday but watching TNL get sad about being lynched made me think that merk must think TNL is one hell of a liar. TNL just wanted to be loved by merk. :(

Who's the biggest mafia liar?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Alasdair probably lied the most. He wasn't particularly convincing though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

Cool story, thanks for the input.

e: and I as a mod blame you the player for being myopic. You were ready to vote off Ninth even before you found out the candelabra story had some discrepancies - don't pawn it off on me.

I'm not blaming anyone. I'm providing feedback on the setup, which I think has an issue. You are really taking this way too personally.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It is feedback that is neither desired nor accurate from my perspective. I'm taking it personally because you feel bad you made a mistake and you want me to bear that burden. Plus I'm notoriously bad at constructive criticism, I'm pretty much a big baby, so just move on.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

It is feedback that is neither desired nor accurate from my perspective. I'm taking it personally because you feel bad you made a mistake and you want me to bear that burden. Plus I'm notoriously bad at constructive criticism, I'm pretty much a big baby, so just move on.

You're making an assumption that isn't true, but I'll drop it.

Fun game, like I said.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
114 pages is a lot for a mafia game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Is there a scumdoc? I want to read it whenever the Amoeba gambit happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rascyc posted:

Thanks, I had a lot of fun. Nice to see the notes too, I was really wondering how I could get more enchants in with my team dying and all items having a use so just gave up on it. Makes sense it was more of an n0 thing than anything.

Why did f_v die? Did the candle make them lovers?

Yes the candle made us lovers but with no OOT communication, plus it melted so it couldn't be used again. I got the protective ring off TT's lynch and decided to protect myself instead of merk, thinking there was a SK too and we were likely both going to get targeted anyway.

Thanks Ecco, I enjoyed the game. Congrats Ras.

• Locked thread