Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
*twiddles thumbs*

Current Rarity Votecount: (4) Rascyc, True and Real, CCKeane, Meinberg

*yawns, sighs*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Meinberg (6): merk, wins, fv, Ernie, Rarity, TNL
EP (5): Punt, Byers, Asiina, Chic, Opop
Rarity (4): Rascyc, Diqnol, Keane, Meinberg
wins32767 (3): yuming, Somb, EP
merk (1): Taste

21 alive, 11 for a delicious lunch unless you guys are a bunch of dumbs who don't like to eat lunch~

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh merk.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

*twiddles thumbs*

*yawns, sighs*

Step off my porch.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Mills posted:

Step off my porch.

millsbot rudest bot

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

##unvote
##vote Rarity

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EccoRaven posted:

*twiddles thumbs*

*yawns, sighs*

I think this is ecco's way of telling us rarity is scum. Or town.
Which is it you inscrutable raven???

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

(jump to votecount)

(source)
The valley of Bishadh is a quiet region of the world; nestled in an opening of the Cavot Mountains, it's far away from any major cities, has no mineral deposits, and its ground is too arid for anything beyond subsistence farming. The Arrentish elite consider those who live in the valley only a step above uncouth barbarians. Their penchant for banditry and violent drunken brawls certainly doesn't help.
One group of bandits - the Sisters of Hecate - were particularly successful at raiding trade caravans, looting temples, and adventuring into the deepest and darkest regions of Arrentia in search of long lost treasure. Over their history they've managed to assemble quite the haul of gold coins, jewelry, and magickal artifacts of all shapes and sizes. Many brave souls have attempted to destroy the bandits (and run away with as much gold as they could carry), but the Sisters are resilient, and have withstood assault time and time again.
So it was with shock that the bandits found their leader stabbed in the back one morning with an enchanted dagger. They had a traitor in their midsts - someone (or someones) has infiltrated the gang, gained their confidence, and breached the treasury! These villains must be brought at once to justice. Bandit justice.

(source)

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, your AIM if you have it, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. IRC is the best way to get in touch with me outside of PMs, as I only check my email every other day or so.

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be honest about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. It doesn't matter what votebot says; votebot is just for your convenience, only the votecounts I present are to be assumed accurate and reliable. If you think you see a mistake in a votecount I have posted, please contact me privately so I may check it.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Try not to post like an illiterate. I know capitalization and grammar are difficult, but you're all adults. A modicum of effort goes a long way. If your posting gets especially bad, you even risk being put on probation and then replaced. Neither you nor I want to have to deal with that.

Every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no execution. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Anyway! This game is for 21 players. Players new and old are all welcome, however deferential treatment will be given to newer players.

Here we go!

teh n00b mod posted:

- Remember Mills is your comod. He does not know the setup so do not harass him for flips, he is solely for votecounts. Harass him for those a lot. I won't do any of them.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

I think this is ecco's way of telling us rarity is scum. Or town.
Which is it you inscrutable raven???

realchat I never remember anyone's roles day 1. People submit stuff night 1 and I write it down in my doc and only then do I start remembering who does what.

:arghfist: quit baiting me get back to voting!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##unvote
##vote Rarity

Done gymming in time.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

realchat I never remember anyone's roles day 1. People submit stuff night 1 and I write it down in my doc and only then do I start remembering who does what.

Right. I am a lightning rod paranoid gun owner serial killer in case you've forgotten.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I guess i should do a quick rarity read, then

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Rarity has more content than wins IMO but neither wins nor mein are gaining traction

so

##unvote
##vote Rarity
sorry Rarity!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##unvote ##vote rarity

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's alive...it's alive!!!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Ok, rarity it is.

##unvote
##vote rarity

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

This is happening disturbingly fast.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
I'm flipping between this and the Flash, but I'm here. Yeah, Rarity's a good vote. wins was a horrible one.

##unvote
##vote Rarity

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

wins32767 posted:

This is happening disturbingly fast.

Yes, but it's a way better vote than the earlier 3. I can live with it.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

That may be -1? Mills, need a votecount!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills!!!!!!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

*prepares himself to devour a still beating heart*

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Ok after a read of Rarity I agree they look like a decent lynch ##vote Rarity

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

oh apparently Byers had already hammered

The Current Day 1 Votecount

Rarity (12): Ernie., fiery_valkyrie, merk, True and Real, -merk, -Ernie., -True and Real, Somberbrero, merk, -merk, -fiery_valkyrie, Rascyc, -Somberbrero, merk, True and Real, CCKeane, Meinberg, wins32767, Ernie., Epsilon Plus, Opopanax, fiery_valkyrie, Byers2142, Chic Trombone
Epsilon Plus (2): CCKeane, -CCKeane, CCKeane, -CCKeane, Puntification, CCKeane, Byers2142, -Byers2142, Byers2142, wins32767, -wins32767, Asiina, Chic Trombone, Opopanax, -CCKeane, -Opopanax, -Byers2142, -Chic Trombone
wins32767 (2): yuming, fiery_valkyrie, -fiery_valkyrie, Somberbrero, -Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Meinberg, Rarity, -Rarity, Rarity, Epsilon Plus, -Rarity, -Meinberg, -Epsilon Plus
Meinberg (2): merk, fiery_valkyrie, -fiery_valkyrie, Ernie., wins32767, fiery_valkyrie, -Ernie., Ernie., The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer, Rarity, -merk, The Ninth Layer, -wins32767, -Ernie., -fiery_valkyrie
merk (1): CCKeane, -CCKeane, The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer, True and Real, Opopanax, -Opopanax, Opopanax, -True and Real, Byers2142, Tremendous Taste, -Byers2142, -Opopanax
Ernie. (0): Rarity, yuming, Byers2142, -Byers2142, -Rarity, Byers2142, -Byers2142, -yuming
Byers2142 (0): wins32767, Opopanax, merk, -Opopanax, -merk, The Ninth Layer, merk, -merk, merk, -merk, merk, -merk, -wins32767, -The Ninth Layer
Somberbrero (0): True and Real, -True and Real
True and Real (0): The Ninth Layer, merk, -merk, merk, Rascyc, -The Ninth Layer, -merk, -Rascyc
yuming (0): Ernie., -Ernie.
The Ninth Layer (0): Byers2142, -Byers2142
bowmore (0): True and Real, The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer, -True and Real
Asiina (0): True and Real, Ernie., -True and Real, -Ernie.
CCKeane (0): True and Real, Epsilon Plus, Ernie., Somberbrero, -True and Real, -Ernie., -Epsilon Plus, -Somberbrero
Opopanax (0): Rarity, -Rarity

Not Voting (2): bowmore, kaschei

:h: With 21 players alive, it takes 11 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is January 27th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 19 minutes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It is almost certainly not a hammer.

Summon millsbot!!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Chic Trombone posted:

Ok after a read of Rarity I agree they look like a decent lynch ##vote Rarity

This is an Ecco game, you need to unvote first.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chic never voted, so it is.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

It is almost certainly not a hammer.

Summon millsbot!!

I think we're at 10. merk doesn't like playing by Ecco-rules.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh poo poo wait, she did. So either merk needs to unvote/revote or Chic does. Lol.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

We're at 11 now

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

We're at 11 now

No, we're at 10. Chic and merk's don't count.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Meinberg posted:

This is an Ecco game, you need to unvote first.

Oh, I thought that votefinder thing Ecco said was already in effect, my bad ##unvote

##vote Rarity

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Chic Trombone posted:

Oh, I thought that votefinder thing Ecco said was already in effect, my bad ##unvote

##vote Rarity

:redhammer:

Millsbot, slowest bot.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Ok! Discussion HALTS.

Thread will remain open as I write the end-of-day flavor to give Millsbot a chance to compute the final Day 1 votecount.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I have a job. <:mad:>

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Mills posted:

I have a job. <:mad:>

Just remember, you volunteered for this.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Rarity (11): Rascyc, Diqnol, Keane, Meinberg, wins, Ernie, EP, Opop, fv, Byers, Chic
Meinberg (3): merk, Rarity, TNL
EP (2): Punt, Asiina
wins (2): yuming, Somb
merk (1): Taste

21 alive, 11 for Rarity to get fucken owned. Over to my bro Ecco for a flip~

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
In the city of New Clover, there is an expression: "a child never burned by the fire will hurt more / than the child who's been burned a thousand times before." So it was with the Sisters; the feeling of betrayal ran so deeply that it made each of them exceedingly paranoid and mistrustful of even their closest friends. By the end of the day, almost everyone in the camp had been accused of some wrongdoing or another. No consensus could be reached, and the sun was rapidly falling from the sky to the mountaintops on the horizon. Finally, one of the bandits - whose nickname, "merk," in the Bishadh native tongue means "chronic breaker of rules" - spoke up. He proposed the divided town vote for the one nicknamed Rarity, to "see if it has legs." The bandits, driven by fear and anger and haste, quickly grabbed Rarity before she could even speak her defense, dragged her over the edge of the falls, and let go. Her body slammed against a rock at the bottom before being washed away by the current.

Checking her home revealed a number of small items the rest of the bandits had thought they'd lost - a bracelet here, a hunk of bread there. It seems like Rarity was a dirty thief!!

But, it didn't look like she killed anybody. She seemed like a loyal bandita.

:s: Rarity, Lucilia meg-Mullanor, Thief (town-aligned thief), was executed day 1. :s:

It is now Night 1

The Night 1 deadline will be 11PM EDT tomorrow (Wednesday). If you haven't submitted an action by then, expect your thumbs to twiddle!!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 29, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Administrative note:

:sg: bowmore has been replaced by fits!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The bandits awoke the next morning afraid of what the dawn would bring them. Indeed, the traitors were still in the camp, and they were very busy last night. First down was Puntification; he was stabbed in the chest and neck, as if by a mighty sword. And yet there was very little blood - his wounds looked cauterized, as if he was actually stabbed with a blade of fire. Still, he is very dead, and his home's supply of magical books and ingredients tells a clear tale of his identity.

:s: Puntification, Eadwine Lampis, Mage (town-aligned diviner), was stabbed in the chest night 1. :s:

But more gruesome was what happened to Ernie. He... didn't have a head anymore. His body was there, but small chunks of brain and skull were scattered about his home, as if his head violently burst open. Who or what even could do such a thing? Rumors fly that Arrentish military scientists are working on a kind of exploding powder that can create as much force as an Archmage's fireball, but surely that isn't what happened with Ernie, was it?

His home was littered with all sorts of magickal artifacts. He was a veteran bandit in the Sisters, always there to fight the good fight and reap the spoils. Now it looks as if his cache is up for grabs.

:s: Ernie., Przemysław (Prez) Davin, Adventurer (town-aligned inventor), had his head explode night 1. :s:

It is now Day 2.
:h: With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes to be executed.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, Feburary 2nd, ~11PM EDT.

(I would make the deadline Sunday but apparently there's some sort of soccer game happening or something idk, sorry it's so long)

• Locked thread